Why is it a good idea to "Post gigs on social media"?

english_voice

The message from those who know what social media marketing is simply gets diluted by short attention spans and lack of commitment.

The basic fact is that it is possible to get a lot of orders through social media.

Mek sells (Skill level: MS0) will stop reading at this point and just parrot this advice as if it is helpful. It isn’t helpful because this just gives the platform/media that can be used. It doesn’t explain how to approach it

Companies, even smaller ones, have people assigned to manage social media in a certain way to drive website traffic and sales.

Experienced Meksells (Skill level MS1 (a point because they can spell their own name)) stop reading here and go share the good news that you drive traffic and sales through social media. Still no advice on how

Those who have learned how to approach social media for marketing set themselves up as an expert in their field (just one technique of many) and post advice and interesting information on social channels as well as niche forums and elsewhere which builds their reputation.

Average sellers (MS25) stops reading or remembering from here. Shares this info either directly with others or while scolding MS0s and MS1s for giving unhelpful advice. They also won’t try the advice/method out themselves.

Then there are some who see the above advice and explore it more, possibly by asking more specific questions or by getting answers from other places. Some may even do a short course on social media, some will read books by big influencers and experts.

Finally there are those who understand that social media marketing (aside from fluke viral moments like happened to SocalChrist or others) takes a lot of time to get yourself established. As a result, they set aside a short amount of time each day, week, or fortnight to focus on their online presence. Of course, they know spamming is never good and so instead they show their expertise and help people - knowing that others will also see this info in the future.

After a couple of months, they get a message from someone who says “Hey, saw your answer on [forum of some type] and thought it made sense. Can you look at this for me.” This client is nice, polite, pays well and respects the seller’s opinion because they know the expertise involved - they saw it on that forum, that’s why they came!

This gives a bit of a boost to the seller and they expand their social media efforts to maybe 10-15 minutes per day instead of the 30 mins/week they had been doing. After approx 18 months of commitment, the seller gets around a third of their work from social media and has been able to increase pricing.

That is how social media can help get sales.

@eonfinnegan What great post!! Wish I can give it ❤️

(the long one, I mean)

I never shared my gig on social media, but getting sales very often. I don’t want to tell what country is spaming this social platform sharing method, but it doesnt work. They all are in same groups and sharing the gigs over there, its like sharing a video to your friends group.

The message from those who know what social media marketing is simply gets diluted by short attention spans and lack of commitment.

The basic fact is that it is possible to get a lot of orders through social media.

Mek sells (Skill level: MS0) will stop reading at this point and just parrot this advice as if it is helpful. It isn’t helpful because this just gives the platform/media that can be used. It doesn’t explain how to approach it

Companies, even smaller ones, have people assigned to manage social media in a certain way to drive website traffic and sales.

Experienced Meksells (Skill level MS1 (a point because they can spell their own name)) stop reading here and go share the good news that you drive traffic and sales through social media. Still no advice on how

Those who have learned how to approach social media for marketing set themselves up as an expert in their field (just one technique of many) and post advice and interesting information on social channels as well as niche forums and elsewhere which builds their reputation.

Average sellers (MS25) stops reading or remembering from here. Shares this info either directly with others or while scolding MS0s and MS1s for giving unhelpful advice. They also won’t try the advice/method out themselves.

Then there are some who see the above advice and explore it more, possibly by asking more specific questions or by getting answers from other places. Some may even do a short course on social media, some will read books by big influencers and experts.

Finally there are those who understand that social media marketing (aside from fluke viral moments like happened to SocalChrist or others) takes a lot of time to get yourself established. As a result, they set aside a short amount of time each day, week, or fortnight to focus on their online presence. Of course, they know spamming is never good and so instead they show their expertise and help people - knowing that others will also see this info in the future.

After a couple of months, they get a message from someone who says “Hey, saw your answer on [forum of some type] and thought it made sense. Can you look at this for me.” This client is nice, polite, pays well and respects the seller’s opinion because they know the expertise involved - they saw it on that forum, that’s why they came!

This gives a bit of a boost to the seller and they expand their social media efforts to maybe 10-15 minutes per day instead of the 30 mins/week they had been doing. After approx 18 months of commitment, the seller gets around a third of their work from social media and has been able to increase pricing.

That is how social media can help get sales.

I love this very much! We need to know how to manage social media. Most of the cases we are spamming there.

I don’t get it either, I don’t know why someone would give fiverr 20% of an order if they did all the work in finding a buyer.

That’s not my point. I don’t mind Fiverr taking 20% commission for giving me a platform to advertise my services, and to earn money, etc.

My point is highlighting the barrage of bad advice and false hope that some inexperienced sellers feel qualified in dishing out on these forums.

That is completly right ive never heard a succes story of someone posting his gigs allover the places

Im new here so Ive also seen fiverr tips saying advertising my gig 300% more chances to get an order but i am not going to do that because its just spam and If i will ever advertise my gig i will do it in communities with people sharing the same interest in my niche

the rest of it forums social media etc just make you look desperate and its useless from my point of view

apart from that i will just be patient

Im new here so Ive also seen fiverr tips saying advertising my gig 300% more chances to get an order but i am not going to do that because its just spam and If i will ever advertise my gig i will do it in communities with people sharing the same interest in my niche

the rest of it forums social media etc just make you look desperate and its useless from my point of view

For a new seller, this is a very informed comment! Excellent.

For a new seller, this is a very informed comment! Excellent.

just trying to be rational i mean when i see something posted all over the places popping out in my face (spam) i surely dont like it or it doesnt make me show any interest in it especially doing business with such person 🙂

Yes. I have no idea why so many people think that you more you post something, the more likely you are to get a lot of sales from it. It makes no sense. You won’t even get one sale.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi English_Voice,

I’m a newbie in this Fiverr world. Would you think doing some promoting on LinkedIn may be worthwhile? Trying to get my head around how to get a buyer to trust a new seller.

Michael

I did advertising on Facebook and got 3 sales out of it. I guess it’s just the way how you advertise

Hi English_Voice,

I’m a newbie in this Fiverr world. Would you think doing some promoting on LinkedIn may be worthwhile? Trying to get my head around how to get a buyer to trust a new seller.

Michael

The whole point of Fiverr is that sellers advertise a service, and buyers search for sellers meeting their requirement. It is a complete ecosystem in that sense.

All this nonsense about posting gigs to social media is made up by inexperienced sellers who’re desperate to be seen as credible.

However, in the case of LinkedIn… I can see the argument for posting a gig. So long as it is targeted and relevant to your skills and experience. Give it a try.

I only have about 10 orders under my belt but I can honestly say that not a single one has come to me organically through the Fiverr platform. I’ve built a social media following surrounding my work and my followers are potential customers.

All 10 orders came to be through posting my gigs to my Facebook page or a Facebook group along with a screenshot of my most recent project or review.

I wouldn’t recommend this for those who only have a personal social media with followers in the friends and family majority.

The whole point of Fiverr is that sellers advertise a service, and buyers search for sellers meeting their requirement. It is a complete ecosystem in that sense.

All this nonsense about posting gigs to social media is made up by inexperienced sellers who’re desperate to be seen as credible.

However, in the case of LinkedIn… I can see the argument for posting a gig. So long as it is targeted and relevant to your skills and experience. Give it a try.

Thanks for the advice!

I only have about 10 orders under my belt but I can honestly say that not a single one has come to me organically through the Fiverr platform. I’ve built a social media following surrounding my work and my followers are potential customers.

All 10 orders came to be through posting my gigs to my Facebook page or a Facebook group along with a screenshot of my most recent project or review.

I wouldn’t recommend this for those who only have a personal social media with followers in the friends and family majority.

It’s interesting to read your post. I’m glad it’s worked for you.

The problem is of course that probably 99% of people who sell on Fiverr only have personal social media accounts.

So when they read all this nonsense about posting to Facebook, all they’re doing is advertising their $5 background removal gig to friends and family.

Of course that’s not going to work!

That’s why I said it’s worth giving LinkedIn a go. At least it’s targeted.

It’s interesting to read your post. I’m glad it’s worked for you.

The problem is of course that probably 99% of people who sell on Fiverr only have personal social media accounts.

So when they read all this nonsense about posting to Facebook, all they’re doing is advertising their $5 background removal gig to friends and family.

Of course that’s not going to work!

That’s why I said it’s worth giving LinkedIn a go. At least it’s targeted.

I definitely agree and I also wouldn’t post until you have niched down, have a following, and are providing value. There is a fine line between social media marketing and spamming.

Hi, I am new here How can I promote my gig on social media

Easy. Write a post on your FB, Tweeter, YooTub, Linkdjinn etc. “I have a Fiverr Gig doing…” and post the link. Done.

If your “Friends” are interested, they will come over.

There is no magic to this.

You could also post such a link if you are in a Group related to such an activity. However, that more commonly backfires than creates any successful outcomes as even if the group is (apparently) about your thing, like a Group I was in called Hire A Mix Engineer, they rarely actually want adverts, let alone to be paying anyone to do anything they think they can muddle their way through for “free” (totally ignoring the opportunity cost of making a mess when hiring someone skilled would have worked out better but that is a whole other ball of rant that is related but not exactly what we are talking about here).

You can also post link/s to your Fiverr Gig/s on your professional website (you have one right).

Personally I see this whole promote gigs on Socials as a) a way of appearing to be busy, b) giving a certain marketplace a whole lot of inbound links to make their SEO better (not entirely a terrible thing for us broadly but probably not so good personally). The same with the advice to do Quora.

🙂

Easy. Write a post on your FB, Tweeter, YooTub, Linkdjinn etc. “I have a Fiverr Gig doing…” and post the link. Done.

If your “Friends” are interested, they will come over.

There is no magic to this.

You could also post such a link if you are in a Group related to such an activity. However, that more commonly backfires than creates any successful outcomes as even if the group is (apparently) about your thing, like a Group I was in called Hire A Mix Engineer, they rarely actually want adverts, let alone to be paying anyone to do anything they think they can muddle their way through for “free” (totally ignoring the opportunity cost of making a mess when hiring someone skilled would have worked out better but that is a whole other ball of rant that is related but not exactly what we are talking about here).

You can also post link/s to your Fiverr Gig/s on your professional website (you have one right).

Personally I see this whole promote gigs on Socials as a) a way of appearing to be busy, b) giving a certain marketplace a whole lot of inbound links to make their SEO better (not entirely a terrible thing for us broadly but probably not so good personally). The same with the advice to do Quora.

🙂

Thanks for sharing your experience about social media gig posting

Archived