I beggining to think we need a confirmation screen for reviews

This is the perfect way to reduce the number of reviews you’re going to get. Buyers REALLY don’t care enough about giving reviews to make the process any take more time than necessary.

Plus, this is really counterintuitive. If the site has a function I expect it to work as it should.

Buyers REALLY don’t care enough about giving reviews to make the process any take more time than necessary.

True, but it’s one click more, and having a confirmation screen for a review isn’t unusual. I’ve seen it on other sites.

Something like:

This is your review:

/*****/

/Great job mate/

Reviews cannot be changed after they are posted,

click confirm to post or cancel to edit

CONFIRM | CANCEL

Something like:

This is your review:

/*****/

/Great job mate/

I loved this idea! If there’s a way to make the reviewing process easier to understand for buyers, then why not do it? I’ve noticed an increase of messages from new accounts and even had to help one of the buyers figure out how the whole buying system works (I ended up selecting and sending them a couple of Fiverr articles, but was hella scared with their review, since I heard it could be a bit confusing given the weird and vague questions Fiverr displays on the review page).

I made some quick concept art for this:

ConceptFinal.png.08b2841c5450f7f3ec257dee701ac106.png

YES! Nailed the concept! It would be great if they could implement something similar - simple and straight to the point. That way, it would leave no room for mistakes or misunderstandings.

I’ve also noticed that Fiverr is changing their layout, I came across this:

01.thumb.png.514f26660eef1b8869a4079668767678.png
01585×767 37 KB

If I’m not mistaken, before there used to be just a “Contact me” button below the packages, but now they rearranged it. So maybe - who knows - they could also add a confirmation screen for reviews :crossed_fingers:t2:

6cee8c882b5224318fa0c60e010c4816e680690b_2_441x184.png.19a5f8d76b91b71da50ed67a1555d49c.png

6cee8c882b5224318fa0c60e010c4816e680690b_2_690x288.png.f0892cd4fb5631421117c4218cde7543.png

I remember a while back there was a surge of accidental low star reviews coming from the app, it was annoying but most buyers were happy to contact CS and explain the situation. It’s now happened twice in a short time and I’m afraid the bug or bad design or whatever it was is back.

Except now the rules seem to have changed and reviews can’t be altered (even though the old FAQ which says to ask the buyer to contact CS wasn’t taken down) so I don’t know if I should try to do anything about it.

So I think a confirmation screen for reviews might be the best solution here. I was first thinking about a “Are You Sure?” splash screen when a buyer leaves a sub 5-stars on delivery time if the deadline hasn’t passed, but that’s overly complicated compared to just showing the review as it will appear and have the buyer confirm it.

So I think a confirmation screen for reviews might be the best solution here. I was first thinking about a “Are You Sure?” splash screen

It’s not a shabby idea. 💡 I’ve had Clients who said, they had fat fingers (their words) and pressed the wrong button LOL. Sometimes people get distracted. A pop-up screen wouldn’t hurt. We’re humans and we make mistakes. For instance, eBay have a write-up before a negative feedback is left to encourage Buyer/Seller communication.

So I think a confirmation screen for reviews might be the best solution here. I was first thinking about a “Are You Sure?” splash screen

It’s not a shabby idea. 💡 I’ve had Clients who said, they had fat fingers (their words) and pressed the wrong button LOL. Sometimes people get distracted. A pop-up screen wouldn’t hurt. We’re humans and we make mistakes. For instance, eBay have a write-up before a negative feedback is left to encourage Buyer/Seller communication.

Yeah, fat fingers is exactly how one of my buyers described it (the review was something like “communication 1*, service 2*, buy again 5*”), which is why I think the app design is the bigger culprit here, although misscrystal’s story makes me think it should be everywhere.

Archived