The Most Stupid Buyer Request

And now that we had all the main-streamers (not me) respond to your post, tell me, I can not see this and I would love to apply, this is within writing category?

My guess is it’s in the Writing & Translation->Book & E-book writing category (based on the OPs gigs). So you’d probably have to have a gig in that category/subcategory.

Also the person who created the request made a mistake - in the text they say “24 hours” but in the duration they say “7 days”.

I could do the request but it would probably take at least 15-30 mins to do. 🙂

My guess is it’s in the Writing & Translation->Book & E-book writing category (based on the OPs gigs). So you’d probably have to have a gig in that category/subcategory.

Also the person who created the request made a mistake - in the text they say “24 hours” but in the duration they say “7 days”.

I could do the request but it would probably take at least 15-30 mins to do. 🙂

I wish I could see all buyers request, but have restriction on which I can apply. Just so I can read things like this to make my day. Now we must depend on people like you to share the joy.

A person could theoretically do it (the biggest problem is the 24 hour delivery).

I don’t think it’s possible for a person to write a 250,000 story like that in 24 hours and have it be a good, sell-able, ready to publish story.

Maybe it would be a good idea of a forum game thread though 🙂

Create a 80,000 or 250,000 word story in 24 hours or an hour or just 15 mins (and it has to have all the specified requirements) and the best one wins the round. 😃

Create a 80,000 or 250,000 word story in 24 hours or an hour or just 15 mins (and it has to have all the specified requirements) and the best one wins the round. 😃

Yes! We need to do this. Would anyone else be willing to make a submission?

Yes! We need to do this. Would anyone else be willing to make a submission?

Would anyone else be willing to make a submission?

Yes, but not for free lol

Would anyone else be willing to make a submission?

Yes, but not for free lol

Everyone could keep the copyright of everything created for it so they could sell it later if they wanted/if any good. But it could be for fun too to see what could be created to the specs of the competition writer (whoever creates the round) in a very short time (eg. thousands of words stories >=80,000 words or whatever in 24 hours or maybe less).

I just went to buyer requests and it’s filled with stuff like this. Demanding quality, experience, seller level, etc… for $5. Screw them.

It sounds more achievable than the OP’s one though and 14 days delivery instead of 24 hours. But since it says it’s for a “school thesis project” it wouldn’t be allowed to do that no matter what their budget was as it’s not allowed to do academic work. Fiverr shouldn’t have accepted that request.

It sounds more achievable than the OP’s one though and 14 days delivery instead of 24 hours. But since it says it’s for a “school thesis project” it wouldn’t be allowed to do that no matter what their budget was as it’s not allowed to do academic work. Fiverr shouldn’t have accepted that request.

Of course it’s more achievable, OP’s was an obvious troll. This one is serious. Insulting, but serious.

Guest fibocci

Let’s ignore that 7 day deadline and assume this buyer wants everything done in a day.

There are 86,400 seconds in a day. The average typing speed is around 40 words per minute, or 10,000 keystrokes per hour (I assume anyone with a typing speed higher than that should also know better). That allows for a maximum of 240k words written in 24 hours, so you’re still 10k words short of the goal.
Edit: WhOOOps, 240k keystrokes aren’t 240k words. 40 wpm is less than 60 seconds a minute. My point still stands. If you’re interested, the actual amount you can theoretically write is 57600 words a day according to the 40 wpm speed.

And let’s not forget that you’re a human - you need to eat and sleep, and that this buyer is unfortunately a human too, who will likely scrutinize your work no matter how much you’ve done in a day - and you’ll likely do this sort of thing very, very poorly.

Quite interesting to think about.

Let’s ignore that 7 day deadline and assume this buyer wants everything done in a day.

There are 86,400 seconds in a day. The average typing speed is around 40 words per minute, or 10,000 keystrokes per hour (I assume anyone with a typing speed higher than that should also know better). That allows for a maximum of 240k words written in 24 hours, so you’re still 10k words short of the goal.

Edit: WhOOOps, 240k keystrokes aren’t 240k words. 40 wpm is less than 60 seconds a minute. My point still stands. If you’re interested, the actual amount you can theoretically write is 57600 words a day according to the 40 wpm speed.

And let’s not forget that you’re a human - you need to eat and sleep, and that this buyer is unfortunately a human too, who will likely scrutinize your work no matter how much you’ve done in a day - and you’ll likely do this sort of thing very, very poorly.

That’s why i think it’s a joke, tbh. It’s too much.

There are 86,400 seconds in a day. The average typing speed is around 40 words per minute, or 10,000 keystrokes per hour (I assume anyone with a typing speed higher than that should also know better). That allows for a maximum of 240k words written in 24 hours , so you’re still 10k words short of the goal.

And, you’ve got to plot. For something like GoT it would take at least ten hours, but it would barely touch the surface of what’s needed for a 250k word book.

Guest fibocci

There are 86,400 seconds in a day. The average typing speed is around 40 words per minute, or 10,000 keystrokes per hour (I assume anyone with a typing speed higher than that should also know better). That allows for a maximum of 240k words written in 24 hours , so you’re still 10k words short of the goal.

And, you’ve got to plot. For something like GoT it would take at least ten hours, but it would barely touch the surface of what’s needed for a 250k word book.

Ten hours just gets you the base down at best. To plot something on the level of GoT in 10 hours would mean you’re just wasting your time here and are better off writing and publishing best-sellers with your ingenuity.

I’ve been a professional writer forever, and I write novels on the side, so I have a lot of practice and stamina. The highest word count I’ve achieved in one day was 28,700 words, and my hands were in pain by the end of it. Pain pills alone would be worth a few thousand for this job. Ha.

Guest fibocci

I’ve been a professional writer forever, and I write novels on the side, so I have a lot of practice and stamina. The highest word count I’ve achieved in one day was 28,700 words, and my hands were in pain by the end of it. Pain pills alone would be worth a few thousand for this job. Ha.

my hands were in pain by the end of it. Pain pills alone would be worth a few thousand for this job.

I really hope you don’t have carpal tunnel. Nothing in the entire world is worth getting that.

Archived