Seller sent me a stolen logo

I wouldn’t brag about making a “stunning” logo for $10…

It’s great if your quality is great, but bragging about undercharging is not going to help you sell or make you more credible.

If you want better sales, sell something that doesn’t have many thousands of competitors.

If you want better sales, sell something that doesn’t have many thousands of competitors.

By that logic Fiverr wouldn’t have any logo designers, since there will always be a lot of competitors in that field. You can definitely go into a market with competition, you just need to differentiate in some way to appear better than the competition.

I agree with the idea of not undercharging though. Maybe for the first couple reviews it can be useful. After that, bad idea all around.

By that logic Fiverr wouldn’t have any logo designers, since there will always be a lot of competitors in that field. You can definitely go into a market with competition, you just need to differentiate in some way to appear better than the competition.

I agree with the idea of not undercharging though. Maybe for the first couple reviews it can be useful. After that, bad idea all around.

By that logic Fiverr wouldn’t have any logo designers,

What? My pointing out that being a needle in a haystack makes sales unlikely means that Fiverr shouldn’t have successful sellers who are needles in a haystack? That makes no sense. Sorry.

I never said it wasn’t possible to sell. Of course it is, otherwise there wouldn’t be a market! I’m saying it’s highly unlikely you will. Getting work with such a high competition involves a great deal of chance. Differentiate all you want, but that doesn’t change the fact that the supply of logos exceeds the demand. It doesn’t change the fact that sales are very unlikely.

Differentiation only helps you if people are searching for and buying just that differentiation… And there’s no way to assess that on Fiverr. We have no data on what people search and buy.

It’s really not helpful to pretend that sales are plausible when the supply greatly exceeds the demand. It’s not helpful to act like being a different-looking needle in a haystack changes that. You’re still a needle in a haystack.

By that logic Fiverr wouldn’t have any logo designers,

What? My pointing out that being a needle in a haystack makes sales unlikely means that Fiverr shouldn’t have successful sellers who are needles in a haystack? That makes no sense. Sorry.

I never said it wasn’t possible to sell. Of course it is, otherwise there wouldn’t be a market! I’m saying it’s highly unlikely you will. Getting work with such a high competition involves a great deal of chance. Differentiate all you want, but that doesn’t change the fact that the supply of logos exceeds the demand. It doesn’t change the fact that sales are very unlikely.

Differentiation only helps you if people are searching for and buying just that differentiation… And there’s no way to assess that on Fiverr. We have no data on what people search and buy.

It’s really not helpful to pretend that sales are plausible when the supply greatly exceeds the demand. It’s not helpful to act like being a different-looking needle in a haystack changes that. You’re still a needle in a haystack.

And I’m disagreeing. It’s highly unlikely if you don’t offer something better. If you’re great at it, you’ll eventually do well in any field. There’s a limit to how many unique services can be offered. If you are an amazing logo designer the fact that there are thousands of mediocre ones will not harm your chances in the long run. It’s harder to get started in a saturated field, of course, but time takes care of it.

Be very careful of asserting that someone deliberately stole another’s design. It may well be she has no idea of this whatsoever.

She appears to have simply purchased a logo design (that she has legitimately bought and amended) from a popular logo development platform, and customized it for your brand. This is certainly not “professional logo design” as any of us can do it, but that does not mean she stole a logo. I also have not seen whether she said she hand-designed logos–we have only your description of how she advertised her service.

If you visit a logo development site (these places are automated), several people can buy the same design legitimately. It is like going to a book cover store and buying a cover. There is still some work required by a buyer to then customize it.

Only if someone buys full rights to a design can that design be taken from the platform so that no one else can use it.

As an author, I can also sell the same article to several buyers if each one buys only “usage rights” and not “full rights.” To buy full rights of some logo designs costs more than $62. It all depends on how much the designer wants for each usage license.

So, it’s unlikely she stole it, but what she should have done is explain that she does not manually design them all from scratch.

I personally would not worry if someone had the same logo as me if they were across the globe, in a different sector and not my competitor. When you look at corporate logos, many multinational and blue-chip brands have logos that are as similar as yours. They did not copy each other but had the misfortune to come up with the same design. 🙂

I think you would be wise to request a job cancellation on the basis you will not use her work, but if you say to customer support that someone stole work and then she can prove she legitimately bought a logo design from a reputable platform you could lose your own account here and she will still be paid.

So, as a frequent buyer of both logos and other designs off ‘ready made’ platforms, again I clarify that when I buy my logo design, I have no idea which other global companies may have bought the same design–and it has not done my business any harm!

I would not expect original artwork for a low price… $62 is not as low as you can get here, but it’s still low per se, for a professional ‘designed from scratch’ logo.

But she should explain on her gig exactly how much of the design she does herself. However, if she has good reviews (I do not know if she does) then she is not a rogue seller.

I would not expect original artwork for a low price

I agree with all except this. If you are professional and you are just starting on Fiverr, putting 200$ - 1000$ for the logo is just, I do not know. Not how Fiverr works.

For me, it is easier to draw something from my head than modify the already made logo. For 5$ or 1000$.

And I do not know how much can I say about my GIG without being labeled as “advertising” since I am not, but I split packages as per the end-user. Kids, family businesses, small companies, lesser price, large businesses, and corporations. It is not the same mental process to make a logo for a sticker or top of the paper sheet

and billboard and 200000 brochures logo.

So in this case, if she offered unique logo he should receive unique at the price she set.

Finally the seller apologised and refunded.

My last logo was 210$, this time I went cheap but what a surprise. My initial idea was to grab 2-3 gigs to get some brainstorming, but lesson learned, i back with my previous designer.

Only my time wasted was more than that.

My last logo was 210$, this time I went cheap but what a surprise. My initial idea was to grab 2-3 gigs to get some brainstorming, but lesson learned, i back with my previous designer.

Yes, true. Wasted time. I always put in my buyer’s request respond for logo demand that they must check all portfolios of people who are applying for the job and do some research. It will cost them time and/or money if they do not do this.

But now I have another question, why are you buying/need so many logos, or you just needed options?

As you said, if you found GD that you know works good and delivers good, loyalty could pay off.

That’s a great point. The time spent is also a loss, not just the purchase itself. So even if the purchase is refunded it still stings.

Yes, true. Wasted time. I always put in my buyer’s request respond for logo demand that they must check all portfolios of people who are applying for the job and do some research. It will cost them time and/or money if they do not do this.

But now I have another question, why are you buying/need so many logos, or you just needed options?

As you said, if you found GD that you know works good and delivers good, loyalty could pay off.

my first interest was to do some brainstorming. I saw some gigs specialiced on “insurances” and i bite.

my first interest was to do some brainstorming. I saw some gigs specialiced on “insurances” and i bite.

I can see your point. Three people for less will maybe give me more options to select then hiring one professional. And I agree with you on this. I had a logo that I love but something was “off” and I was stuck for weeks until my partner came and check it out, and he change the angle of one line. That was it, just the angle of one line. And logo become the best ever for the company. So sometimes you really need another perspective on things.

Archived