Buyer wants to cancel the order as the project is not required

bbalakrish

Yes, unfortunately it will. Don’t accept the cancelation - get in touch with support and try to explain your case and get them to cancel on their end, but it won’t be easy.

I see, I contact the support they are telling it’s an automatic process, I am not sure if support team can cancel the order, even if they cancel will it still affect my rating?

I see, I contact the support they are telling it’s an automatic process, I am not sure if support team can cancel the order, even if they cancel will it still affect my rating?

Support can cancel the order. If it will count towards the stats or not will depend on them.

Support can cancel the order. If it will count towards the stats or not will depend on them.

Ok, this sounds like a solution. let me try that. Also, I got a reply from support saying, in worst case I have to be with the affected rating for 60 days, after that it will change based on the current completion rate.

Ok, this sounds like a solution. let me try that. Also, I got a reply from support saying, in worst case I have to be with the affected rating for 60 days, after that it will change based on the current completion rate.

This literally just happened to me. Not only did the buyer change their mind it was a 24 hour turnaround and I did not have the updates he said he would need so I never could deliver and it was late. I was so worried it was terrible. The only right thing to do if your client does not need or want your service is to mutually cancel. My client even wanted to pay me for my time. So it individually depends on what happened. They have the ability to go in and look at your chats. In my case it did not affect my stats.

This literally just happened to me. Not only did the buyer change their mind it was a 24 hour turnaround and I did not have the updates he said he would need so I never could deliver and it was late. I was so worried it was terrible. The only right thing to do if your client does not need or want your service is to mutually cancel. My client even wanted to pay me for my time. So it individually depends on what happened. They have the ability to go in and look at your chats. In my case it did not affect my stats.

Is it? Actually my buyer opened a dispute and she wants me to accept it, in such case should I accept it? Infact I explained this to support team and they said it will affect my completion rate.

Is it? Actually my buyer opened a dispute and she wants me to accept it, in such case should I accept it? Infact I explained this to support team and they said it will affect my completion rate.

Why should you accept it? Your buyer made an informed decision to purchase your services.

They now want to cancel, but their actions will affect your stats and therefore your chances of securing new work.

As @visualstudios has said, approach customer support and concisely state your case.

I had a few festivals cancelling orders before the delivery due to covid-19 situation (which makes sense). I do wish people would double-check the dates before making a purchase but alas.

I contacted CS with a screenshot of the buyers stating their reason for cancellation, they did cancel all the orders without it affecting me.

I have the same problem as you. I send the message to CS but they didn’t respond yet. The buyer send me a message 3 hours after he accepted the offer and he wrote “If you didn’t start yet, you can cancel the order i got another one. Thank you” And that’s it! I don’t think it’s fair that if the seller wants to cancel the order that this should affect our rates.

Archived