Intentional cancellation?

monicavids

Maybe someone can give a little advice. I just had a top rated seller order my gig, then immediately cancel with no explanation. I asked the buyer why he did this, and he did not respond. I then looked at his seller’s page and see that he has a 28% cancellation ratio. A few questions: 1. If this this was done intentionally, is this another thing that Fiverr routinely allows buyers (in this case) to do to sellers? 2. How can a Top Rated Seller have a 28% cancellation ratio? With Fiverr allowing a TOS to have this high of cancellation ratio, he can engage in this type of activity as often as he likes, without damage to himself, but much damage to other sellers.

Good on ya… People shouldn’t be allowed to do this. Yes, you can get lucky on Fiverr and make it your main income. Yes, it’s a competitive place.

But NO, it is not a place to hurt others with shameful business practices!

It’s a place to have fun, hone your craft and make five bucks once in a while!

Reply to @monicavids: You mean a TRS. No, we are all users like you. No one knows how (or why) that is possible, but it seems to be. It’s quite discouraging if you ask me. Not to mention the misleading title - Top Rated Seller really equals Handpicked by Fiverr Staff with ratings/sales that can be lower than other sellers. Why not use a more realistic title? And, 28% is nowhere near what Fiverr calls an acceptable ratio.

Is that ratio for a single gig? (Then it’s more easily explained) Or is it for their overall profile? (Totally unacceptable!)

Reply to @cheezees:

It was the latter, but I was unaware there was a difference between having 8x1 cancellations and 1x8, is there?

Like each individual order # is what actually counts or something, so an ‘order’ with a large number of multiples still only counts as ‘one’ cancellation?

If so, thank you for the illumination on the subject, was unaware.

Archived