What kind of links are allowed in inbox?

I pulled this out of the Terms of Service (I replaced the name of one service, obviously):

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, [Microsoft’s horrible communication platform that hardly ever works properly]/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  • Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

So, if it’s necessary to complete the order or perform the work, you’re allowed to share contact information. It’s written, right there in the ToS.

True, but this doesn’t go that far. He’s not asking to even exchange personal information, as far as I can see. He’s asking if he can share links of his work, or videos of his vision for the project. I don’t see how that breaks terms of service regarding personal information.

• Like 3

True, but this doesn’t go that far. He’s not asking to even exchange personal information, as far as I can see. He’s asking if he can share links of his work, or videos of his vision for the project. I don’t see how that breaks terms of service regarding personal information.

Me neither. It’s a personalized sales presentation. As long as that is sent with the express purpose of informing the buyer about the project, without any attempt to further communicate outside of Fiverr, I can’t find anything that forbids it.

The list of “ok links” is regarding what you can post in your gig description, and not what you can post in messages. Of course, you can share links to previous work in messages. If you can’t, every single web designer who gets work on Fiverr is probably breaking the rules every day.

• Like 4

Me neither. It’s a personalized sales presentation. As long as that is sent with the express purpose of informing the buyer about the project, without any attempt to further communicate outside of Fiverr, I can’t find anything that forbids it.

The list of “ok links” is regarding what you can post in your gig description, and not what you can post in messages. Of course, you can share links to previous work in messages. If you can’t, every single web designer who gets work on Fiverr is probably breaking the rules every day.

Exactly. I think the paranoia runs deep on this website. Lots of horror stories, and people are afraid. I mean, you are a web designer asking on the forums if its ok to open reference website links the client sends? That’s straight up paranoia.

• Like 2

Exactly. I think the paranoia runs deep on this website. Lots of horror stories, and people are afraid. I mean, you are a web designer asking on the forums if its ok to open reference website links the client sends? That’s straight up paranoia.

Indeed. I always refuse requests to share personal information, because it’s not needed in my line of work, and all the requests I get about that is clearly because the buyer wants to circumvent the system.

But I often share videos, both uploaded here, and hosted elsewhere, to showcase my previous work.

I also share links to written articles and other content I’ve made regularly.

And let’s say the Trust and Safety team selects you for an audit (for whatever reason)… They will see that you shared a video presentation or other relevant content to land the sale, and based on that, you won’t even know they have been snooping your inbox.

But if you share a message to content that asks the buyer to pay outside of Fiverr etc. you’re insta-banned. I think 90% of the horror stories come from bad judgment on the seller’s part, not from actual attempts to land sales on the platform.

• Like 3

Indeed. I always refuse requests to share personal information, because it’s not needed in my line of work, and all the requests I get about that is clearly because the buyer wants to circumvent the system.

But I often share videos, both uploaded here, and hosted elsewhere, to showcase my previous work.

I also share links to written articles and other content I’ve made regularly.

And let’s say the Trust and Safety team selects you for an audit (for whatever reason)… They will see that you shared a video presentation or other relevant content to land the sale, and based on that, you won’t even know they have been snooping your inbox.

But if you share a message to content that asks the buyer to pay outside of Fiverr etc. you’re insta-banned. I think 90% of the horror stories come from bad judgment on the seller’s part, not from actual attempts to land sales on the platform.

I really do hope that’s the case. I have voice calls with a lot of prospects, and I don’t always land the job - either the values are outside the scope of the prospect, or I find we wouldn’t be able to deliver what they’re looking for, etc. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out, and that doesn’t mean business is being taken outside. It’s hard to prove that though, even if the calls are recorded. We have been cleared by our success manager to do so, but even then, the rules and instructions are very inconsistent on Fiverr. Hard to trust.

I really do hope that’s the case. I have voice calls with a lot of prospects, and I don’t always land the job - either the values are outside the scope of the prospect, or I find we wouldn’t be able to deliver what they’re looking for, etc. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out, and that doesn’t mean business is being taken outside. It’s hard to prove that though, even if the calls are recorded. We have been cleared by our success manager to do so, but even then, the rules and instructions are very inconsistent on Fiverr. Hard to trust.

That’s true. But if you have the approval of your success manager + you record the calls, and you’re getting orders through Fiverr, I think you’re on safe ground.

If the log shows that you 1) shared contact info, 2) got an order from that profile, 3) delivered that order, that is, together with the call recording and “permit” from your success manager, probably all you need.

• Like 1

That’s true. But if you have the approval of your success manager + you record the calls, and you’re getting orders through Fiverr, I think you’re on safe ground.

If the log shows that you 1) shared contact info, 2) got an order from that profile, 3) delivered that order, that is, together with the call recording and “permit” from your success manager, probably all you need.

Sure, the thing is a lot of the calls don’t turn into orders. That’s the point - vetting the clients, finding out if we are a good fit, if the pricing works, etc.

In any case, I don’t share contact info. It’s a link straight to a conference call, one time use.

I pulled this out of the Terms of Service (I replaced the name of one service, obviously):

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, [Microsoft’s horrible communication platform that hardly ever works properly]/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  • Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

So, if it’s necessary to complete the order or perform the work, you’re allowed to share contact information. It’s written, right there in the ToS.

Sharing a hosted communication video is not sharing an email address and not relevant to what makes sharing this problematic. 1. It’s communication outside of Fiverr and 2. it is not necessary for the order.

You don’t need to create a video to say something to a buyer and if you really want to share a video you can record it with your phone or computer and send the video files in Fiverr chat. You do not need to use a hosted video service to send a video to a buyer.

Compress it. Send it in multiple parts. Lots of things you can do to make it work if video is that important to you.

Buyers send me a lot of links of their websites. Am I safe from this? Because I cannot stop them not to send me the links.

What about this?

I’ve saw many buyer request in which they have put their preferable design sample, if they don’t give their requirement in their job post then how it is possible to design or clone their website based on their requirements?

There’re many gig services here where designers asking “i can clone your website” and fiverr allowed to create this type of gigs for designer. For designer it’s mandatory things to get website links for client. If a designer take a job then they should have clear understanding about client’s requirements, otherwise how anyone can fulfill without knowing details design concept for client’s business? 😐

You’re right because when we’re new here and asked questions or quires like this, pro level freelancer are telling not taking client’s reference website links or don’s share portfolio website and most of the seller who’re suggesting this type of info even they’re not in this web design category but as they’re not selling design work so for their services so they don’t need to share any reference sample design so they’re suggesting you guys designers don’t take any reference website from client or don’t share your portfolio but i think it’s mandatory to get client’s requirements or ideas to work on their project to receive their website link.

There’re many video audio recording services gigs here and fiverr are allowed to sell video audio voice services, sometimes video maker who’re selling their video or audio recording services and they all are giving their recorded video or audio to their client as a sample work so why designer still getting this type of wrong info from pro seller 😐

Another important thing is that, when we opened gig, we read fiverr tos and we know that sharing personal information against fiverr rules and even we’ll never share our personal info because we all prefer safety secure relationship with client’s and we know fiverr here giving all payment and other security which freelancer willn’t get outside of fiverr so as all we’re very careful what’s the best for us so how others pro freelancers are worried about that, nowadays everywhere is scam and we’ve joined here for getting secure payment and all features so i think now pro seller stop worrying about that and they need to provide correct info so newbies can feel comfortable here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• Like 1

You’re right because when we’re new here and asked questions or quires like this, pro level freelancer are telling not taking client’s reference website links or don’s share portfolio website and most of the seller who’re suggesting this type of info even they’re not in this web design category but as they’re not selling design work so for their services so they don’t need to share any reference sample design so they’re suggesting you guys designers don’t take any reference website from client or don’t share your portfolio but i think it’s mandatory to get client’s requirements or ideas to work on their project to receive their website link.

There’re many video audio recording services gigs here and fiverr are allowed to sell video audio voice services, sometimes video maker who’re selling their video or audio recording services and they all are giving their recorded video or audio to their client as a sample work so why designer still getting this type of wrong info from pro seller 😐

Another important thing is that, when we opened gig, we read fiverr tos and we know that sharing personal information against fiverr rules and even we’ll never share our personal info because we all prefer safety secure relationship with client’s and we know fiverr here giving all payment and other security which freelancer willn’t get outside of fiverr so as all we’re very careful what’s the best for us so how others pro freelancers are worried about that, nowadays everywhere is scam and we’ve joined here for getting secure payment and all features so i think now pro seller stop worrying about that and they need to provide correct info so newbies can feel comfortable here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

May I just suggest a hint.

Your reply is a whole book in 3 sentences. I am lost when reading it and quit.

Do not get it wrong I mean that in a good way.