Clients coming and leaving without buying

constantinearts

You need to stop the long chats and questions as much as possible. They get tired of it and leave. Get them to get to the point and make an offer.

It’s normal for them to stop answering or chatting usually. They don’t stick around forever chatting.

Get to the price and your offer within about one minute. Or 30 seconds.

Exchanging information for a day or two?

I looked at your gigs and now I understand. Still, make an offer as soon as you see you can do the job and see if they accept it. Hopefully in the first ten minutes of chat.

Close that sale quickly.

Informative. Thank you

From someone who continuously charge 1000$+ for an order I think I can give you some advice about closing clients:

1. Watch YouTube tutorials for how to close a client. On Fiverr you are your own company. You are an Account Manager, customer support manager for your clients and a executor of the work. First step is closing a client so learn how to do it.
  2. Don’t eliminate or limit the initial conversation. The more information you have the faster and better you can do the work. However give the conversation the direction you need to be able to do the job by asking the right questions.
  3. Don’t push means don’t send them an offer if you sense they are not ready. Make them come to you not the other way around. Clients want to work with someone with high demand so show interest but don’t push them to accept the offer by sending them a custom offer if the conversation is not there yet. They will probably not accept if they are not 100% sure and the effect is contra productive.
  4. Messages from clients are INTERVIEW, look at it as a job interview. They will ask you if you can help and you need to show that you are capable and knowledge enough. Doesn’t mean that need to offer them a solution before they pay but usually by the words someone use and their approach you can see if they are at the level they charge.
    (Something that clients don’t realize is that while they are interviewing you, you are interviewing them) You can always say no if something doesn’t match.

Something that I always say is that we are not sellers but solution providers. In marketing there is something called a customer pain point. All of the customers have a problem they need a solution and they will choose the person that can better provide a solution to their problem.

From someone who continuously charge 1000$+ for an order I think I can give you some advice about closing clients:

1. Watch YouTube tutorials for how to close a client. On Fiverr you are your own company. You are an Account Manager, customer support manager for your clients and a executor of the work. First step is closing a client so learn how to do it.
  2. Don’t eliminate or limit the initial conversation. The more information you have the faster and better you can do the work. However give the conversation the direction you need to be able to do the job by asking the right questions.
  3. Don’t push means don’t send them an offer if you sense they are not ready. Make them come to you not the other way around. Clients want to work with someone with high demand so show interest but don’t push them to accept the offer by sending them a custom offer if the conversation is not there yet. They will probably not accept if they are not 100% sure and the effect is contra productive.
  4. Messages from clients are INTERVIEW, look at it as a job interview. They will ask you if you can help and you need to show that you are capable and knowledge enough. Doesn’t mean that need to offer them a solution before they pay but usually by the words someone use and their approach you can see if they are at the level they charge.

(Something that clients don’t realize is that while they are interviewing you, you are interviewing them) You can always say no if something doesn’t match.

Something that I always say is that we are not sellers but solution providers. In marketing there is something called a customer pain point. All of the customers have a problem they need a solution and they will choose the person that can better provide a solution to their problem.

don’t push them to accept the offer by sending them a custom offer if the conversation is not there yet.

I like your post very much. I move things along with a fast custom order rather than have a conversation go on too long. We get a lot of people who never intend to buy, but still want to chat so this weeds those out usually.

It’s of course up to each seller but sending a custom order gets the price in front of them so they know you are expecting a purchase rather than lengthy conversations.

I also have found a few sellers who never send the custom offer even when I am ready to buy and seem to prefer to continue chatting. It’s my preference to get down to placing the order quickly whether I’m the buyer or the seller.

If your sales are in the $1000 range a longer chat would make sense probably. It’s my opinion based on what I sell that people know when they first message you most of the time if they want to order.

If your gigs are straightforward and simple Close the deal send them custom offer and work out the small details later.
If your gigs are complicated you may need to explain exactly what you offer and send them customer offer to close the deal. But CLOSE THE DEAL.

Archived