How to manage the client to get the best order

elias_dawa

What a nice forum post and question! A few thoughts from me:

• Be friendly, polite and professional. If the buyer writes their name at the end of a message, then respond by using their name. For example “Hi Mark” or “Hello Clare”. Always sign off your messages with your first name.

• The moment you get an order, send the buyer a message to say something like “Thanks for your order. Please leave it with me to work on”.

• Always acknowledge every message, this gives confidence to the buyer. Even if it’s just a short reply to let the buyer know you’ve seen their message.

• While it’s ok to be enthusiastic about a client’s project, never be tempted to over promise anything. For example, if the client has bought a gig with a four day turnaround, don’t then promise you can do it in two days. Life happens, laptop power supplies break, etc.

• Always deliver what the client ordered, and don’t deviate from it. I say that because there was a forum post from a new seller, a writer, a couple of days back in which he outlined how he’d written a short story of 1800 words for a buyer, when they were only expecting 650 words. The seller thought he was doing his client a favour by writing more, but the seller was upset because it didn’t meet the original brief.

• When you deliver your order, always thank the buyer again for their order. I also sometimes write words like “it was pleasure to work with you” or “it was a really interesting project to work on”. Make the buyer feel a bit special.

• Also, if you’re new, even if you’ve developed a great report with your buyer, be aware that you should never ask the buyer to leave feedback. It’s against Fiverr’s terms of service and could lead to an account suspension.

Those are just some thoughts from me. I’ve been on Fiverr for seven years, and those little rules have worked well for me. It would be great to see what others suggest so that we can all learn and adapt ideas for our own little businesses.

What a nice forum post and question! A few thoughts from me:

• Be friendly, polite and professional. If the buyer writes their name at the end of a message, then respond by using their name. For example “Hi Mark” or “Hello Clare”. Always sign off your messages with your first name.

• The moment you get an order, send the buyer a message to say something like “Thanks for your order. Please leave it with me to work on”.

• Always acknowledge every message, this gives confidence to the buyer. Even if it’s just a short reply to let the buyer know you’ve seen their message.

• While it’s ok to be enthusiastic about a client’s project, never be tempted to over promise anything. For example, if the client has bought a gig with a four day turnaround, don’t then promise you can do it in two days. Life happens, laptop power supplies break, etc.

• Always deliver what the client ordered, and don’t deviate from it. I say that because there was a forum post from a new seller, a writer, a couple of days back in which he outlined how he’d written a short story of 1800 words for a buyer, when they were only expecting 650 words. The seller thought he was doing his client a favour by writing more, but the seller was upset because it didn’t meet the original brief.

• When you deliver your order, always thank the buyer again for their order. I also sometimes write words like “it was pleasure to work with you” or “it was a really interesting project to work on”. Make the buyer feel a bit special.

• Also, if you’re new, even if you’ve developed a great report with your buyer, be aware that you should never ask the buyer to leave feedback. It’s against Fiverr’s terms of service and could lead to an account suspension.

Those are just some thoughts from me. I’ve been on Fiverr for seven years, and those little rules have worked well for me. It would be great to see what others suggest so that we can all learn and adapt ideas for our own little businesses.

Thank you for this informative comment.

Archived