Customer service is ignoring my requests and deleting them

salomer

I am having a troublesome issues with Customer service.

A little while ago, I accidentally delivered an order to a loyal customer of mine while I meant to only send the first couple translations (without actually delivering). My customer had not seen the mistake and she would have been fine with it as we have a long standing business relations, she trusts me to deliver anyway. I realized my mistake and immediately contacted Customer service explaining that I had accidentally partially delivered and that even though she’d be fine with it, it was not fair to my customer. I asked Customer service if they could reset the order, or cancel it, etc. ANything to make it right.

Not only was Customer Service not helpful at all since they only said they could not do anything, they issue me a warning for rules violation. So my honesty and genuine concern got me punished. Understandbly I believe, I was irritated at the injustice and I sent another request to Customer service explaining the situation and how Customer service had been unhelpful and unfair. I didn’t specifically target an agent, I think they follow unfair guidelines, but I wanted this unfairness to be addressed. The SAME agent read the request and closed it without any response. Seems slightly impartial, now, does it?

I let it go.

A couple weeks ago or so, another buyer (whom I’ve never done business with) asked me to cancel a sizable order 24h before delivery because he didn’t need it anymore (the delivery was 6 days so he really waited last minute). I had already started working on the order but I don’t want unsatisfied customers and I don’t want bad reviews, so I agreed. I immediately contacted customer service. They didn’t respond. A little over 24h later I sent another request because the order was about to be marked late, and I didn’t want to a) lose money b) have a cancellation AND on top of that c) have a late delivery. No response. But I later saw that this second request had been read, and closed. Without action. The first request was still open.

Now it’s been 3 days, the order is still there and of course marked late and will be very late soon enough. My first request has simply DISAPPEARED, an agent deleted it, and the second one is still marked solved even though nothing has been done. Yesterday I could not even sent a request to ask what was going on and it said the order number was wrong… Today I could, but I am sensing nothing will be done.

Am i being punished for trying to rightfully report that Customer service was unhelpful and unfair? Is the same agent opening and closing my requests ? (The second request does not bear the name of the same agent though). Can Customer service agents leave some kind of comments on a buyer’s account so that the buyer gets no help from Customer service? Am I being paranoid? I really don’t know, but my requests had always been opened and answered quickly. Having one request completely disappear, and the second one marked solved artificially makes me really worried.

HAs anyone experienced this??
What should I do?
Thank you!

Right now the best advice (imo) is not to draw CS attention unless there’s no other alternative. Your experience is a perfect example of why.

When you’ve done the work, you should deliver. Not wanting the order any more isn’t really a good reason for cancelling at the last minute. Let the buyer sort it out with CS if appropriate.

Right now the best advice (imo) is not to draw CS attention unless there’s no other alternative. Your experience is a perfect example of why.

When you’ve done the work, you should deliver. Not wanting the order any more isn’t really a good reason for cancelling at the last minute. Let the buyer sort it out with CS if appropriate.

Thank you for your input. I am guessing you have a very good point.

It feels like a very unfair system for sellers, but at least I am now warned.

Actually, CS used to be the very best - everything you could want and more …

Since around the beginning of the year things have changed. No idea why - quite possibly a management change … but best advice now is avoid them unless you absolutely have to contact them …

I don’t have time to read all of this but I also noticed problem with CS recently.

I need to cancel order because buyer is not responding to me for few days and I don’t have all information necessary to complete the order, when I asked CS to cancel order they didn’t reply and close my request.

For they defense they always were helpful to me before.

I am having a troublesome issues with Customer service.

A little while ago, I accidentally delivered an order to a loyal customer of mine while I meant to only send the first couple translations (without actually delivering). My customer had not seen the mistake and she would have been fine with it as we have a long standing business relations, she trusts me to deliver anyway. I realized my mistake and immediately contacted Customer service explaining that I had accidentally partially delivered and that even though she’d be fine with it, it was not fair to my customer. I asked Customer service if they could reset the order, or cancel it, etc. ANything to make it right.

Not only was Customer Service not helpful at all since they only said they could not do anything, they issue me a warning for rules violation. So my honesty and genuine concern got me punished. Understandbly I believe, I was irritated at the injustice and I sent another request to Customer service explaining the situation and how Customer service had been unhelpful and unfair. I didn’t specifically target an agent, I think they follow unfair guidelines, but I wanted this unfairness to be addressed. The SAME agent read the request and closed it without any response. Seems slightly impartial, now, does it?

I let it go.

A couple weeks ago or so, another buyer (whom I’ve never done business with) asked me to cancel a sizable order 24h before delivery because he didn’t need it anymore (the delivery was 6 days so he really waited last minute). I had already started working on the order but I don’t want unsatisfied customers and I don’t want bad reviews, so I agreed. I immediately contacted customer service. They didn’t respond. A little over 24h later I sent another request because the order was about to be marked late, and I didn’t want to a) lose money b) have a cancellation AND on top of that c) have a late delivery. No response. But I later saw that this second request had been read, and closed. Without action. The first request was still open.

Now it’s been 3 days, the order is still there and of course marked late and will be very late soon enough. My first request has simply DISAPPEARED, an agent deleted it, and the second one is still marked solved even though nothing has been done. Yesterday I could not even sent a request to ask what was going on and it said the order number was wrong… Today I could, but I am sensing nothing will be done.

Am i being punished for trying to rightfully report that Customer service was unhelpful and unfair? Is the same agent opening and closing my requests ? (The second request does not bear the name of the same agent though). Can Customer service agents leave some kind of comments on a buyer’s account so that the buyer gets no help from Customer service? Am I being paranoid? I really don’t know, but my requests had always been opened and answered quickly. Having one request completely disappear, and the second one marked solved artificially makes me really worried.

HAs anyone experienced this??

What should I do?

Thank you!

Now it’s been 3 days, the order is still there and of course marked late and will be very late soon enough.

Not sure what to advise about CS but the Buyer is now able to click “Cancel” themselves and it will leave a 1-star review. I would take the hit to Completion rate at this point, rather than leave it up to chance.

Archived