Buyer Requests Responses are a problem

When you reply to a buyers request, some of the time you do know who you are replying to (but you have to know the trick!) But some of the time you do not know who you are replying to. So when the buyer says ‘i liked what you said’. you have to say ‘who are you?’ It is a pain. have i got this wrong - or is there anything tat Fiverr can do about it?

I have responded to over 1800 Buyer requests. I have many gigs and I can now respond to a buyer request for any one of them in less than 5 minutes and my response is very detailed and it relates to the request. If anyone wants to know my system, I suggest that you buy my gig.

• Like 1

How does Fiverr decide which Buyer Requests are made available to me?

How come after I clear all Buyer Requests by deleting or replying to them, that clicking on them again gets me a lot more?

Wouldn’t it be a good idea for Level 1 and 2 sellers to have a Buyer Request reply limit to be more than 10?

How can I get an analysis of Buyer Requests outside of the range of my usual gigs, so I can see what people want and respond with gigs to suit? Or do I just have to ‘suck it and see’?

I have a great system for managing Buyer Requests so I can answer them all professionally and personally in a few minutes - and keep the information if they respond - so I have responded to over 1800 Buyer requests.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I am getting quite frustrated by the Buyer Request limit of 10 a day.

I do understand that there needs to be a limit as some unprofessional people might abuse the Buyer Request system.

Fiverr is getting tougher and tougher as we get more sellers.   Furthermore, my gigs seem to get more and less prominence in a way that I do not understand!

I have done nearly 900 gigs.

One strategy is to respond to more Buyer Requests.  I have responded to nearly 3000 requests.  All my responses are professional and are only to requests where I know I can do a great gig.  I have an information system set up so I can respond usefully.

The limit of 10 means that I can only respond to about 50% of possible buyers any day.  I think the limit of 10 is too low.  I think level 1 or 2 two sellers could have a higher limit.  Maybe Fiverr could also monitor the Requests and if there are too many complaints about one responder, then they can ban that responder.

Kerry

Contractchecker

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am unwilling to invest in Fiverr while their silly punitive analytics based penalties apply.  I have been knocked back from 2 to 0 three times now - not my fault. Because of the reduction in marketing opportunities, it takes about 6 months to recover with the consequent loss of income.  But thanks anyway.  Kerry

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

I use Buyer Requests (I have to, because Fiverr plays with my advertising exposure and the stupid analytics penalties knock me out for about 6 months of every year!)  I have done nearly 900 gigs and sent nearly 3000 Buyer Request responses.

I would like to see far more features in the buyer request system.  It clearly has some programming faults.

1. Fiver seems to set whatever requests I get based on my gigs.  But I think it is only some of my gigs.  I would like to be able to set my key words.  I would like to know what the current system is actually doing.
  2. I would like to have some choice of the order that requests are sent.
  3. I think the limit of 10 is ridiculous - maybe we could make it higher for people on higher levels.  I respond to 10 nearly every day and then just delete the rest - silly.
  4. There appears to be a limit of 30 responses - is that right.  Where does it say that?
  5. There should be some oversight on Buyer Requests.  A lot of them threaten - and these should be deleted.  A lot of them suggest payment methods which are clearly outside the TOS - but Fiverr allows them.  A lot of them do not have enough information to quote and yet still people quote - showing the system is flawed.
  6. Some buyers suggest that you PM them - but you can't!!!
  7. There needs to be a system where you can ask the buyer for more information.
  8. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a fixed format for Buyer Requests - that might solve a lot of problems.

Fiverr is an excellent idea - but I think Buyer Requests needs some attention.

Kerry

• Like 23
  • Up 2

This is Bill from the “Fiverr Complaint Department.

Well, it’s not really a department. It’s mostly just me sitting in this one man office. And actually, I’m starting to suspect that this office is more of a closet. Surely they can’t think I need all those paper clips? 

Anyhoo, I’m sifting through the forum complaints - as I’m sure you know, the fastest way to ensure changes are implemented to fiverr is the Fiverr Forum (boy was I surprised to know that rant isn't code for "comedic tryout.") - anyway I think your complaint may qualify for the bimonthly complaint presentation

Yeah, that’s the protocol ‘round here. It breaks down like this:

Mondays: Weekly expectations and “new” projects. Also Tacos. Because Tuesdays can suck it, Gus. 

Tuesdays: Team exercises and trust building. 

I can’t even begin to tell you how many bruises I’ve nursed from some new kid not following the trust building exercises correctly. Like, I’m falling and your less than a foot away. 

Wednesdays: Streisand Wednesday. 

Thursdays: Project Pitch Prep Day. Also, Joe Pantoliano appreciation day. 

We really, really like Joe Pantoliano movies around here. Did you know the Seller Plus program is based entirely off a Joey Pants scene in the “Sopranos?” True story. 

Friday: Project pitches. Also, Every 8th Friday, Complaint Reviews. 

That’s where you come in. I can’t say for sure, but it looks like I’m leaning toward presenting your complaint. Honestly, I’m only allowed one. But hey, you’ve got a pretty good shot. It’s looking like a hot race between you and some voice over artist in Tahoe that decided to do all her orders as “Tony the Tiger,” and she wants the modification system overhauled. I guess she doesn’t think, “Theyrrrre Great!

To be fair, her Tony is spot on

In any event, I’m just whipping up your complaint into presentation format. I wanted to cover some fine points with you to make sure I’m really articulating your points. I think it’s best that we approach it like a real community bulletin board to make some “real world” points. See how this works:

1. Bulletin Boards could use some more red tape. 

You’d like a system, whereby managers, team leaders and administrators have to approve messages on the board. Maybe you’d like someone hired to be an official “thumbtack keeper.” Possibly a team. Maybe some sort of high end alarm system that notifies the bosses when someone tacks up material that you don’t like. Furthermore, you’re willing to wait until people no longer need your service, as they go through the approval process. 

2. You'd Like a Coat Checker for Your Coat Specifically 

You’d like a system that seemingly specifies what your interests are and anticipates what may or may not apply to you. I think you’re onto something here - having less options is sometimes better. Especially when you’re exclusively relying on those options. Which is how big businesses are made. 

3. You’d like Bulletin Board Participants to be Overwhelmed.  

Obviously having to vet and contact 100 potential services is easier than three. This vetting system will take much longer and result in more jobs for people as the market continues to split. Simple math really. 

4. You’d rather Contact them at Home than through the provided channels. 

Now this, this makes sense. People love direct contact, via solicitation. If it’s one thing customers love - it’s when you go around the contact info they designed for you - to contact them in alternate ways. It shows them dedication. 

Okay. Let me just get my ducks in a row and make this case in a solid, direct manner. Of course, it’s going to take a few months to get to it

Wouldn’t it be cool if we had a system where you could instantly issue this request? Like … a board or something? Where it didn’t require jumping hoops to get immediate responses? I’m sure that they’d get some strange complaints by doing it that way, but at least the legitimate ones would reach the intended audience quickly. This way, they wouldn’t have to pay for an entire department to facilitate and everyone would kind of, just muscle up and get through the muck themselves - which is what all of us are expected to do on some level. Better yet, we wouldn’t have to wait so long to get things done. I wish there was something like that. Some free thing that doesn’t need to be regulated to death … we’ll just use our collective will power and make decisions for ourselves.

Oh well. We’ll speak soon. 

Bill 

• Like 16
  • Confused 1

Wow Bill

Thank you for your forthrightness and openness.

Maybe instead of having an over view team, you allow people to complain about certain postings - with a codified reason.  Then we do all the work - not you!

It is not the coat checker so much.  Although that is true.  It is more that I think I do not get BR for some of my gigs.  My Fiverr business model is to have lots of gigs - the max number - and to get a small response to each one.  The Fiverr model seems more about people only having one or two gigs.  (Also that is one reason why the nasty analytics penalty impacts on me - get into trouble and I cannot advertise my services - only platform I know of where if you are naughty, you lose marketing abilities.  And I have never actually been naughty - just confused and badly used by Buyers)

Many buyers, even most, in my area do not describe what they want very well.  So you need to get clarification.  It amazes me that people can quote for a badly defined programing request - it is just a nonsense.

Thanks again

Kerry

PS Do you do other complaints as well?

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Buyers Request has needed attention for years and reporting rule breakers doesn't do much. I remember when it wasn't restricted to the gigs that were offered. As soon as the new changes were implemented, BR became unpredictable.

I personally, would have loved to see the planned job board that was promised way back when. And based on all the changes and news releases of late, I doubt Buyers Request will get the TLC it needs any time soon.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, contractchecker said:

I respond to many Buyer Requests - the maximum I can respond to in any day.

I find it totally amusing that people can respond and quote when the Buyer Request  information given is minimal.  Often the price should be volumes associated but no volumes are given,

In case if minimal details are given by buyer and you still wanna send an offer with price what you can do is to clearly mention that

"Your given information is not enough. I can guide you about quote and time once I'll have information at my end."

Some times clients are naive. They are genuine clients but they do not know the exact issue or how to present the problem. So as doers, it lies on us to communicate and grab maximum info.

• Like 10

I've wholeheartedly given up on buyer requests. I rely solely on buyers finding my gigs through search nowadays.

I only go onto the buyer request section to have a laugh these days as to the absurdity of the requests of some of these delusional buyers.

"Please send me 3 voiceover samples and a reading of the 5 minute sample text below. My script recording will be about an hour long and my budget is strictly $5. Don't send me your budget of anything higher or I will report you. Serious Sellers only please. I need this done by the end of the day."

"I would like a 70,000 word vampire-werewolf-zombie hybrid alpha omega erotic fanfic written with a budget of $50 done within a week. Please reply with the word "mustard" in your response so I know you've read the prompt and are taking things seriously."

• Like 12
  • Haha 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, izah_moh said:

Please reply with the word "mustard" in your response

Actually something I can understand. I only used Buyers Request a few times and 99% of the sellers send out copy-paste template messages that have nothing to do with your briefing. You are just flooded with spam. That's one of the ways you can actually do a quick check to see if someone sent out an unique offer based on your request. Of course I wouldn't recommend "mustard" :D. And of course this has nothing to do with their cheap behavior of wanting the world for $5. Buyers Request is nothing more than a Battle Royale Mode. Only no one wins in the end.

• Like 8

On 1/26/2022 at 3:07 AM, contractchecker said:

minimal

My  minimalist award winner of the day:

1201843143_Screenshot(681).thumb.png.1b67a883dda3e8bdac483f892f7ae3bd.png

Sure, I'm good, at anything, sign me up. That's actually better than many others, though, where you might get into big trouble, trying to find out specifics and getting the job done, or cancelling the potential order, within 24 hours.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

I gave up with buyer request the first months I have used fiverr, it is full of clowns and jesters who want 3 video editing for 5€ and are looking for a video editor with 5 years experience to align 10 clips.....
Full of delusional people asking the moon for 5€ with often, the famous: "IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE REQUIEREMENT DO NOT WASTE MY TIME".
Ok dude

Edited by psykkopatte
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Buyer request is a funny section where someone last week asked if a seller can write 500k words at 5$.

However, it doesn't mean that there aren't genuine buyers and real orders. I often get good orders from buyer request. 

I just got an order 'business agreement' draft write-up worth 100$ three days back. 

• Like 6

Interesting answers which I am generally in agreement with.

I would add that the requirement to send an example of your work in my case is ridiculous.  If I sent a sample of my work, in many cases, that tells them what to do and they do not need a gig!

There are also a lot which are people wanting to do their exams for them

And there are a lot whose suggested payment methods would be outside the TOS eg commission based

But the ones I really like are those that say  "tell me how to make money as such and such for $5".  If I knew how to make money at that, why would I tell them?  Of if I did tell them, I would charge thousands of dollars!!!

Lots of them say to PM me - when you do not have enough information to do so.

It would be a good idea if we could report them to Fiverr so the request could be deleted.  If someone has too many requests deleted, they could be banned.

• Like 6

On 1/27/2022 at 7:07 AM, izah_moh said:

Please reply with the word "mustard" in your response so I know you've read the prompt

Dang, that's funny and quite smart actually.

Maybe I'll use a similar line in my gig description since way too many people message me without reading the description.
I won't use "mustard" though (I don't like mustard...), since I'm from Japan I'd with something like "soy sauce."

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

On 1/27/2022 at 12:07 AM, izah_moh said:

"mustard"

I always find these so yucky and unprofessional. I’m not here to play find the word with you. Not to mention, this stipulation is never present if a project is interesting/worth working on. 

I’ve been dabbling in buyer requests a little bit. My favourite part about them is you can filter them by price (which doesn’t always work for me for some reason) but not by other parameters. 

So you’ll see a $300 project, look into it and it’s for 50 unique items. $4.8/per item. Days of work. Pure insanity. More expensive ones turn out to be more offensive when you take a closer look.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

I am finding the restriction on 10 Buyer Requests a day very bad.

I have done over 900 gigs

A month or so a go, my gigs more or less stopped.  I presume it was Fiverr rearranging search priorities.

My response has been to answer Buyer Requests - yes I know it is hard work!  I have responded to nearly 3700 Buyer Requests.  But I have no other options.

I have one gig where I have done over 200 responses - all satisfactory - and I am now at #400 on the list!!!

It would be good if I could request Fiverr to check my responses, agree that they were not spam or frivolous and then take away the limit of 10.

Or alternatively have no limit for everyone but have the option of reporting spam type responses - and if you get too many Fiverr can either restrict you or not allow you to respond.  That would work

Kerry

Contractchecker

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 2

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, contractchecker said:

Even better would be a search function on the name

You can even try search function of the browser itself. Like by pressing CTRL+F (CMD+F on MAC) and write whatever you want to search. Try if it helps. 

Good Luck! 🙂

• Like 4