Read the TOS for god sake!

mariayasir

Hi,

Overall I like how the forum discussions is creating a bridge between the old and new sellers. But, I would also like to ask people to read the guidelines before creating a post here.

Fiverr should make changes as soon as possible. Sometimes people open an old thread and start commenting. It is sometimes annoying.

Sometimes people open an old thread and start commenting. It is sometimes annoying.

Agreed ! Besides, I don’t know if the changes would make any difference. Because, even though when you are creating a topic, and its similar to the already created ones, then the suggestions pop up on the right side of the screen but people do not bother looking at that, instead they prefer creating a post as if its a facebook feed or what.

As being said by @coerdelion that there should be a specific category for the “already asked, discussed and answered about a million times”

Already asked, discussed and answered about a million times …

so that we could simply just mute it and be less annoyed.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having spent all day yesterday asking people to put their posts in the right category and to use the search bar … today the forum is again full of “how mek sells” and other repeat flotsam …

We need a method of dealing with this - and some motivation to do it!

And, yes, I have bumped this thread so it’s right up there at the top with no excuse to miss it …

Having spent all day yesterday asking people to put their posts in the right category and to use the search bar … today the forum is again full of “how mek sells” and other repeat flotsam …

We need a method of dealing with this - and some motivation to do it!

And, yes, I have bumped this thread so it’s right up there at the top with no excuse to miss it …

Having spent all day yesterday asking people to put their posts in the right category and to use the search bar …

I did that for a long time in hopes of the newbies taking a hint and beginning to be responsible Forum users and not lazy ones looking to be spoon-fed the answers. I gave up.

I read 1/20 of the posts I used to and posted the same fraction of time compared to what I used to. Formerly I was one of the forum members that welcomed every new member with a unique gif. I answered many, many questions, and enjoyed many conversations.

I feel like Fiverr has cut the number of active mods and depends on the regular Forum users to answer the questions and flag the posts if need be. (Did you know the Forum is listed under “support” in the app?) No wonder so many come here thinking we can take care of their problems, but we can not.

Many things that should be flagged sit there for hours to a day before I have flagged them. Inexperienced users are giving other inexperienced users bad advice that could get them in trouble. It is sad to see this Forum dying and becoming a wasteland of the repeated questions, bad advice, and unanswered posts.

As I said, it is sad, unfortunate, and disheartening.

Couldn’t agree more, Miss Vicky … there was a time when I was able to move stuff. Unfortunately, no more … that will teach me to spend two weeks sulking!

Yes, I think wp_kid does an ace job, but it would be better if he had some help. Quite a lot of help.

I don’t want to give up … but, like you, I now pick and choose the posts answered. So many posts are from people who will fail here before they’ve even started because they’re not willing to do anything for themselves …

Couldn’t agree more, Miss Vicky … there was a time when I was able to move stuff. Unfortunately, no more … that will teach me to spend two weeks sulking!

Yes, I think wp_kid does an ace job, but it would be better if he had some help. Quite a lot of help.

I don’t want to give up … but, like you, I now pick and choose the posts answered. So many posts are from people who will fail here before they’ve even started because they’re not willing to do anything for themselves …

So many posts are from people who will fail here before they’ve even started because they’re not willing to do anything for themselves …

True! Such sellers want a quick and easy way to make money, as demonstrated by their laziness in wanting to be given all of the answers instead of working to find them. Freelancing is not easy, and at some point, such sellers will need to buck up and learn to work, or they will disappear.

So many posts are from people who will fail here before they’ve even started because they’re not willing to do anything for themselves …

True! Such sellers want a quick and easy way to make money, as demonstrated by their laziness in wanting to be given all of the answers instead of working to find them. Freelancing is not easy, and at some point, such sellers will need to buck up and learn to work, or they will disappear.

buck up and learn to work, or they will disappear.

The sooner the better … 🕳️

I don’t really care about questions that repeats all the time, because if you know what you looking for and are smart enough you will dig the forum and find your answer.

What I don’t like is just a lot of tutorials that most of them are made with little to no effort, small knowledge and experience on subject.

Like really there are thousands of tutorials about buyer requests, so why you create another one with same tips.

But there are some great ones, like I read about two months ago about niche research and what should concern you when choosing niche for fiverr gig. It really improved my performance on Fiverr.

Tutorials like this one (unique and giving value) are very rare on forum though, most of tutorials here are copying, pasting and changing words to make it your own.

Just found that topic that helped me very much:

When it comes to building up a business everything is about finding a profitable niche which is big enough to generate revenue for you and small enough that it’s too small for bigger players. The key is a low market entry barrier, little competition and high revenue potential. You can apply this to Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Airbnb and in our case to Fiverr. The key features which describe the niche potential: CompetitionRevenue PotentialMarket Entry BarrierHowever, how do you get these feat…

P.S. that’s really sad it have only 20+ likes, its really a gold mine

When I first joined the Forum I remember their were at least 4 mods that were here and all were very visable with their interactions with the users. I guess I got spoiled.

I don’t really care about questions that repeats all the time, because if you know what you looking for and are smart enough you will dig the forum and find your answer.

What I don’t like is just a lot of tutorials that most of them are made with little to no effort, small knowledge and experience on subject.

Like really there are thousands of tutorials about buyer requests, so why you create another one with same tips.

But there are some great ones, like I read about two months ago about niche research and what should concern you when choosing niche for fiverr gig. It really improved my performance on Fiverr.

Tutorials like this one (unique and giving value) are very rare on forum though, most of tutorials here are copying, pasting and changing words to make it your own.

When it comes to building up a business everything is about finding a profitable niche which is big enough to generate revenue for you and small enough that it’s too small for bigger players. The key is a low market entry barrier, little competition and high revenue potential. You can apply this to Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Airbnb and in our case to Fiverr. The key features which describe the niche potential: CompetitionRevenue PotentialMarket Entry BarrierHowever, how do you get these feat…

That is because half of the views must have not bothered to read just as they ignored the terms of service. What I have observed is that mostly the newbies like to create topics, be it copy and paste or poor grammer, but would not put in a little effort of reading something big that takes a minimum of 5-10 mints. 70% of them would join the platform just by hearing about its benefits and start asking for ‘new-seller-tips’ then rant about minor troubles they face which, honestly, they could easily tackle if only they sucked in some knowledge on their own.

Thanks. I am proud for your feedback. I wrote that article as I offered a gig for finding good niches on fiverr. i offered a report with some data analytics. I even started a blog on the topic. Nobody ordered the gig. So I removed it.

I remember that was actually a bit disappointed that I just got not that many likes, although I put so much effort into it.

I am happy that I could help you.

Archived