Read the TOS for god sake!

mariayasir

It’s like they are not familiar with Forums, and we should thank to god that not all sellers know about Forum ( thats mean but…). Admins should decentralis some authorities to active, experienced user to merge this kind of queries they ask. Or maybe give them time ban. IDK but there are solutions on other platforms I never saw any kind of spamming on Microsoft forums. Even though they have a lot more of users there.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regulars can move these types of posts to the correct categories - ie “improve my gig” or whatever - but there are so many of them now, that it would take all day to move them all …

even though each of the categories has its very own description present there when we create a topic but who has the time to read right…smh

Forum are meant for this! Spamming is I think a normal thing across all platforms I guess.

For official Q/A we have FAQs.

Forum are meant for this! Spamming is I think a normal thing across all platforms I guess.

before, you were defending this spam now you are claiming that its unfamiliar…

You’d be surprised how many posters move their posts when reminded.

The forum is a mess at the moment - posting in the correct category would help sort it out.

Agreed.

I don’t understand why sellers would not use facebook and Instagram to make new friends, but instead they prefer posting useless topics here and start a bunch of pointless spam on the forum and you know what is more disappointing, posting in wrong category!

Miss Vicky is a treasured contributor to the forum but sooner or later it get’s to us. It used to be full of stimulating discussions a while back but it’s tedious now and has turned me into a grump I no longer recognize.

At one time this was high entertainment, due to the variety of characters that came here.

At one time this was high entertainment, due to the variety of characters that came here.

It still is, sometimes!

before, you were defending this spam now you are claiming that its unfamiliar…

I was not defending it. Just telling you what’s the truth. They don’t know what’s the purpose of forums that’s it. Never told that they are right or something.

Agreed.

I don’t understand why sellers would not use facebook and Instagram to make new friends, but instead they prefer posting useless topics here and start a bunch of pointless spam on the forum and you know what is more disappointing, posting in wrong category!

Agreed.

Last year some time we had an influx of of hundreds of posts asking where the terms of service were. Turned out someone was offering a “Fiverr Course” and this was one of the students’ homework tasks.

Now we have a continuing influx of people who seem to think that posting on the forum will get them sales. Which it doesn’t, but they won’t be told.

I would like very much for there to be an “already asked and answered a million times” category for all of those …

But you are so helpful, person…I like your way of helping style

Thank you. 😊

Don’t quit… 🙁

I have not quit quite completely, but nearly so. Anymore, I skim the titles of the threads and delete most of them. I have more productive things to do with my time.

In this case…I totally agree with you but your presence also help others… 🙂

I was kind of hoping to just get to know other sellers and show support here to everyone

When I first joined Fiverr in July of 2017, the Forum was more like that. But even then, the long time users said it was less—not as fun–as it once had been. In July of 2017, there was more camaraderie here, and I enjoyed it more.

Now the Forum seems to be a wasteland of new users and their posts which ask the same questions over and over. These people fail to seek to help themselves by looking up the answers using the search feature. After all, it is all explained on the Forum landing page. Most of the friendly interaction has left except for the emoji game.

except for the emoji game.

Ehh, thats the only thread I have ever muted lol

Agreed.

Last year some time we had an influx of of hundreds of posts asking where the terms of service were. Turned out someone was offering a “Fiverr Course” and this was one of the students’ homework tasks.

Now we have a continuing influx of people who seem to think that posting on the forum will get them sales. Which it doesn’t, but they won’t be told.

I would like very much for there to be an “already asked and answered a million times” category for all of those …

It wouldn’t do any good since they don’t read what’s already here. I think some ask the same things just to have something to make a post about.

except for the emoji game.

I mute “My Fiverr Gigs” because if I want a service I will search for it.

I mute “Improve My Gigs” because I have better things to do.

I do not always stop by the emoji game, but I enjoy reading it and trying to solve the puzzles. Once in awhile I play.

Hi,
Overall I like how the forum discussions is creating a bridge between the old and new sellers. But, I would also like to ask people to read the guidelines before creating a post here.
Fiverr should make changes as soon as possible. Sometimes people open an old thread and start commenting. It is sometimes annoying.

It wouldn’t do any good since they don’t read what’s already here. I think some ask the same things just to have something to make a post about.

… but then we could move all of those posts there and everyone could mute that category …which would be the point …

… but then we could move all of those posts there and everyone could mute that category …which would be the point …

Can’t we just remove them completely as soon as they pop up on the forum? Or have the forum auto-delete them? Actually your way sounds workable.

Ones that are:

1. How do I get my first sale
  2. Why don’t I get any sales
  3. How do I get on the first page?
  4. How do I become top rated/Pro seller?
  5. My account is restricted how long before it comes back?
  6. Can I ask for a review?

7.Can my sister/brother make an account from my computer, IP?

7. Why doesn’t anyone buy my gig?

I put an 8 not a 7 for that last one but it stays on 7 :woman_shrugging:

Auto removal would be best.

Mod removal is asking a bit much since @wp_kid seems to be only mod who visits regularly.

It would be nice to have a category for that kind of rubbish that doesn’t fit into the “new user intro” or “improve my gig” categories.

Auto removal would be best.

Mod removal is asking a bit much since @wp_kid seems to be only mod who visits regularly.

It would be nice to have a category for that kind of rubbish that doesn’t fit into the “new user intro” or “improve my gig” categories.

We could call it the Most Asked category.

Archived