Buyer is trying to get away with my money

I got a work from a buyer 3 months ago and as I’m a writer, he ordered a gig for 1500 words. He didn’t want an article of straight 1500-words so he asked me to divide the work in different pieces of web content, which I agreed (we sellers compensate the num of words as per buyer’s needs).

On delivering the first half of the project, the buyer loved the work and was happy. The second half of the work was where all issues originated (or I may say he started creating issues). Firstly, he didn’t like the work whic is totally fine (we provide revisions for that) and I gave him another version.

Then he tried to get some work which was not even part of my gig and I refused straight forwardly about it. After that, for 3 times, he asked for different revisions in the form of 3 different work (with different titles, content structure and no. of words) and after that he refused to complete the order claiming that the work was not up to mark.

He wanted me to cancel the order which I am not agreeing to. He needs to pay me for the work. He is just trying to get away with the payment and got extra work as per the gig requirements.

I don’t know what to do. I am just keeping him in the loop of “I have declined your cancellation request” and he keeps on pushing the cancel button. Plus, recently he opened a dispute saying that i am not being responsive WHICH IS AGAIN A LIE.

Hi Meha,
I hope you are taking care of yourself well these days,
I have also faced this type of buyer 3 times. Once I got a violation strike the second time I also got violation strike for partial delivery. But the third time I was clever. I fought my case in Fiverr support court and got my money from Fiverr bank that they given me as compensation.
What did i learn from these three times?
Customer support can only help you with these reasons.
If the client is threatening you for negative feedback.
Or doing any Fiverr terms of services
Or have not a valid reason for cancellation.
You don’t need to contact customer support for now.
You should ask the buyer to ask you for further revisions.
As per Fiverr terms of services, the buyer can’t ask for cancellation with the reason of low-quality work but they can rate your service by stating how they were satisfied.
I see you are level 2 seller with enough positive feedback.
So just the declined the cancellation request and say you are agreeing for more revisions but these will be paid if you have not offered free revisions to him.
I hope he will go away.
And if still the order is canceled by customer support then you should reach the customer support and show that you have done the work with proof.
And the hope you will get your money from Fiverr bank.
Please notify us with your progress on this case so we can guide you further
Kindest Regards,
Ghazanfar

Hi Meha,

I hope you are taking care of yourself well these days,

I have also faced this type of buyer 3 times. Once I got a violation strike the second time I also got violation strike for partial delivery. But the third time I was clever. I fought my case in Fiverr support court and got my money from Fiverr bank that they given me as compensation.

What did i learn from these three times?

Customer support can only help you with these reasons.

If the client is threatening you for negative feedback.

Or doing any Fiverr terms of services

Or have not a valid reason for cancellation.

You don’t need to contact customer support for now.

You should ask the buyer to ask you for further revisions.

As per Fiverr terms of services, the buyer can’t ask for cancellation with the reason of low-quality work but they can rate your service by stating how they were satisfied.

I see you are level 2 seller with enough positive feedback.

So just the declined the cancellation request and say you are agreeing for more revisions but these will be paid if you have not offered free revisions to him.

I hope he will go away.

And if still the order is canceled by customer support then you should reach the customer support and show that you have done the work with proof.

And the hope you will get your money from Fiverr bank.

Please notify us with your progress on this case so we can guide you further

Kindest Regards,

Ghazanfar

I have provided him multiple revisions in the past (all for free) and to be honest I don’t want to give him further revisions. When I checked his profile there was this recent review from another seller that he is trying to get away with the money and wants more work done regardless of the gig.

Ok then now say him that you can’t offer more free revisions.And ask him to purchase other revisions.If he declines then you can also decline the cancellation request.
Take a screenshot of the other selller that you have mention with feedback and contact the customer support.And again never accept cancellation request and stand with your right before customer support

Firstly, I’m sorry you’re facing this buyer. You have done exactly the right thing by refusing to do any more work on this order. As sellers we absolutely MUST stand up to buyers who try to bully us into doing more work for free.

It sounds like you have done everything correctly, but for those new sellers who might be reading this and facing a similar situation now or in the future:

1. Always maintain a concise, professional tone in all communication. Never retaliate.

2. Ensure that you have carried out the work as per the gig / order description. If for example you promise 3 revisions but you only do 2, then you are at fault - not the buyer. Even if the buyer is a nightmare to work with.

3. If a buyer encourages you to cancel the order, so long as you have completed the agreed work to the expected standard - NEVER cancel. This is what the buyer wants so they get your work for free. Instead, notify Customer Support immediately.

From my own experience, and from what I read on these forums, so long as you meet the above criteria, Fiverr CS are very likely to rule in your favour.

Archived