Advice about changes after approving work..:

mrflux001

Hi all. Just wanted some advice. So an artist on fiverr has done some amazing illustrative work for me and done lots of changes which I was very grateful for.

One of the last changes she made unbeknownst to me, adjusted something else on the image which I did not notice until I approved the work and left feedback.

Now she’s not responding to me to just make this most minor of changes, which would literally take seconds.

Is there anyway I can escalate it so Fiverr can maybe contact her themselves?

It depends. Once an order is closed and rated, the seller is under no obligation to do any further work. Personally, I delete all files, since the order is concluded and I need the space. If she did delete the design files, she cannot do any changes even if she wants to.

When you confirm the order as complete, you are agreeing that it is final and you require no further changes. Keep trying to contact them, but you’ve played yourself.

Hello,

I m sorry that you faced that problem. Usually every seller asnwer later on messages and make that minor changes.

How much time has past from last seller answer?

Did seller have some limits in GIG revsisions, when you purchase it?

Hello, I approved the work 2 days ago and messaged her yesterday about it.

She’s actually just messaged me back 10 minutes ago to say that she cannot make any changes because I approved the work.

I made the point that the change I’m asking to be rectified is something that shouldn’t have even been a change because it was initially correct and at some point during the final revisions she’s moved it accidentally and I didn’t notice.

Again, she said that she cannot modify it!

She did have a limit on revisions but she used the chat a lot to send updates and amendments so there were not that many official revisions. The main issue was a communication barrier as she did not do things I requested or explained so I kept having to reiterate amendments a lot.

Like I said, I’m appreciative that she did make more changes that she had to but for the sake of a whole picture she’s unwilling to change this final little thing! (Moving a 3 letter word about 2cm’s up).

Ah, rant over. Just thought common sense would prevail. May just have to put it down to a bad experience.

The short answer is no you can’t do anything about it to force the situation. You’ve already approved the work, and that will be the first thing that Fiverr Customer Support will notice.

It’s strange though, as most good sellers will only want to help their buyers, particularly if it’s a minor revision that would take minutes (I hesitate to repeat seconds). As a Fiverr seller, trust me, nothing only ever takes seconds.

I’m not suggesting this is the case with you, but some sellers who’ve been faced with a nightmare client will begrudgingly complete the work, wait for the order to complete and then never deal with that buyer again.

Or, maybe the seller is having a break for a few hours or days. It happens and it is allowed - after all, you approved the order, and as far as your seller is concerned the job is complete and you are happy.

My advice. See if the seller responds. If they don’t, then let it go. Or be kind to them, and offer a tip for a job well done - or place a small order to cover their time.

It depends. Once an order is closed and rated, the seller is under no obligation to do any further work. Personally, I delete all files, since the order is concluded and I need the space. If she did delete the design files, she cannot do any changes even if she wants to.

When you confirm the order as complete, you are agreeing that it is final and you require no further changes. Keep trying to contact them, but you’ve played yourself.

Visual studios - I get all that. I’m not naive, but for what is the most minor amendment, and for just the sake of general customer rapport for further gigs, it’s just left a sour taste.

Visual studios - I get all that. I’m not naive, but for what is the most minor amendment, and for just the sake of general customer rapport for further gigs, it’s just left a sour taste.

Yeah, that’s why I think it’s either one of two options:

1 - She deleted the files thinking it was done, so she can’t change it.

2 - She doesn’t want any rapport for further gigs because she did not like the experience.

She’s actually just messaged me back 10 minutes ago to say that she cannot make any changes because I approved the work.

I made the point that the change I’m asking to be rectified is something that shouldn’t have even been a change because it was initially correct and at some point during the final revisions she’s moved it accidentally and I didn’t notice.

She did have a limit on revisions but she used the chat a lot to send updates and amendments so there were not that many official revisions. The main issue was a communication barrier as she did not do things I requested or explained so I kept having to reiterate amendments a lot.

Like I said, I’m appreciative that she did make more changes that she had to but for the sake of a whole picture she’s unwilling to change this final little thing! (Moving a 3 letter word about 2cm’s up).

Ah, rant over. Just thought common sense would prevail. May just have to put it down to a bad experience.

Sadly, it sounds like a lesson learnt. Only ever approve work once you’re happy with it. However, the seller does sound a bit pedantic - unless they’ve had a bit of a nightmare experience and are now just breathing a sigh of relief.

Sadly, it sounds like a lesson learnt. Only ever approve work once you’re happy with it. However, the seller does sound a bit pedantic - unless they’ve had a bit of a nightmare experience and are now just breathing a sigh of relief.

You’re probably both right, maybe I was too intense on detail but she missed that many things out from what I shown her on the base image that I kept having to point out where she went wrong and what’s been missed. Maybe she didn’t like that - I don’t know. I guess if that qualifies as a bad customer experience for her then so be it but it’s just a shame as it was supposed to be a present for my brother to frame which has gone to waste.

Thanks anyway guys.

Be sure to blackball me for any gigs 😂

She did have a limit on revisions but she used the chat a lot to send updates and amendments so there were not that many official revisions.

Fiverr can’t force any seller to work with you. If I had done several extra revisions for you and I found out you were trying to get one more by complaining on a technicality, I’d definitely not provide more. I’d rather cancel the order.

There can be a lot of things happening here. It is easy for you to say that the revision is minor. However, if that is the case, why not fix the problem yourself or seek out a $5 seller who can?

If you have requested lots of minor revisions that exceed how many your seller offers, it may be that they think now the entire process is going to start over. i.e. As soon as they provide this one last revision, there will be another, then another.

It is unusual for a seller to deny such a request. However, it seems like they may have had a negative experience here.

You’re probably both right, maybe I was too intense on detail but she missed that many things out from what I shown her on the base image that I kept having to point out where she went wrong and what’s been missed. Maybe she didn’t like that - I don’t know. I guess if that qualifies as a bad customer experience for her then so be it but it’s just a shame as it was supposed to be a present for my brother to frame which has gone to waste.

Thanks anyway guys.

I guess if that qualifies as a bad customer experience for her then so be it but it’s just a shame as it was supposed to be a present for my brother to frame which has gone to waste.

Now, I’m confused. If it’s such a small detail (a few seconds to move 3 letters up a few centimetres) why would it go to waste? Isn’t it still good, just not perfect?

Thanks anyway guys.

Ha, most people on these forums genuinely only try and help and offer a sounding board without being judgemental. After all, none of us here no what took place in your conversations with the seller. It’s a shame it didn’t work out - particularly as it was a gift for a loved one.

Oh. First I am sorry for that bad experience. mm. Your side is really Fair enough. I also think that seller must do that work. Because we need to help each other and after that, we take value for our skills.

However, I think Fiverr can not help you. Because already you accept work. If that seller sends you source files so, you can edit it giving that source file to her again. If she rejects again sadly you need to do it sending another designer. That is a simple and final way to do your work. There is no way to do your work.

If a seller accepts to do your design using inbox chat. You are lucky.

Another way is to contact the new designer again. I think Fiverr CS can not help you this time.

Seller did that work and you accepted it.

But however morally, I think the seller must do your work. Because It is just a mistake.

All-time not work for money. 👍

Oh. First I am sorry for that bad experience. mm. Your side is really Fair enough. I also think that seller must do that work. Because we need to help each other and after that, we take value for our skills.

However, I think Fiverr can not help you. Because already you accept work. If that seller sends you source files so, you can edit it giving that source file to her again. If she rejects again sadly you need to do it sending another designer. That is a simple and final way to do your work. There is no way to do your work.

If a seller accepts to do your design using inbox chat. You are lucky.

Another way is to contact the new designer again. I think Fiverr CS can not help you this time.

Seller did that work and you accepted it.

But however morally, I think the seller must do your work. Because It is just a mistake.

All-time not work for money. 👍

There are so many things wrong with this post, I don’t know where to start.

There are so many things wrong with this post, I don’t know where to start.

Visual - so the work is of someone who had some face tattoos. one of the tattoos is below his eye instead of on his eye lid / as his eye lid is closed on the picture). It’s a very obvious mistake to people who are fans I.e my brother.

I’m aware that you’re only getting my side of the situation and equally appreciate that the seller is well within her rights to say no. I get it. I was just wondering if fiverr could give her a nudge.

But nevermind, it’s probably not appropriate given the responses here.

Thanks all.

Visual - so the work is of someone who had some face tattoos. one of the tattoos is below his eye instead of on his eye lid / as his eye lid is closed on the picture). It’s a very obvious mistake to people who are fans I.e my brother.

I’m aware that you’re only getting my side of the situation and equally appreciate that the seller is well within her rights to say no. I get it. I was just wondering if fiverr could give her a nudge.

But nevermind, it’s probably not appropriate given the responses here.

Thanks all.

But if it’s that crucial, how didn’t you notice the mistake when approving the latest round of revisions?

She did have a limit on revisions but she used the chat a lot to send updates and amendments so there were not that many official revisions.

Fiverr can’t force any seller to work with you. If I had done several extra revisions for you and I found out you were trying to get one more by complaining on a technicality, I’d definitely not provide more. I’d rather cancel the order.

There can be a lot of things happening here. It is easy for you to say that the revision is minor. However, if that is the case, why not fix the problem yourself or seek out a $5 seller who can?

If you have requested lots of minor revisions that exceed how many your seller offers, it may be that they think now the entire process is going to start over. i.e. As soon as they provide this one last revision, there will be another, then another.

It is unusual for a seller to deny such a request. However, it seems like they may have had a negative experience here.

Cyaxrex - ok you’re coming at me like the big bad buyer, chill. I’m actually a nice guy, but on the contrary I could have cancelled the order and requested a refund after the first draft or two that she sent, as the seller was simply not doing what I asked. Instead I persevered and she persevered simultaneously and I thought we found common ground. The chat was normal throughout. Nothing in her responses give me the impression that she actually hated the experience, which is what I’m alluding to now given everyone’s comments.

Cyaxrex - ok you’re coming at me like the big bad buyer, chill. I’m actually a nice guy, but on the contrary I could have cancelled the order and requested a refund after the first draft or two that she sent, as the seller was simply not doing what I asked. Instead I persevered and she persevered simultaneously and I thought we found common ground. The chat was normal throughout. Nothing in her responses give me the impression that she actually hated the experience, which is what I’m alluding to now given everyone’s comments.

Nothing in her responses give me the impression that she actually hated the experience, which is what I’m alluding to now given everyone’s comments.

Of course it didn’t. Sellers have a lot to lose. I’ve worked with absolutely detestable clients, and had to pretend everything was ok - because either a cancelation or a bad review are bad outcomes for me. Not saying that this was the case, but sellers can’t afford to be direct due to the way the system works.

From your point of view, a cancelation means you lose nothing. From a sellers point of view, they lose money, all the hours of work they put into it, and on top of that they can get demoted and lose future business. Same with a bad review - getting one as a buyer is irrelevant, getting one as a seller is very bad.

But if it’s that crucial, how didn’t you notice the mistake when approving the latest round of revisions?

Visual - The final revisions were regards skin tone so the tattoo kinda’ disappeared from my thoughts. I made a mistake and that’s pretty much it.

Nothing in her responses give me the impression that she actually hated the experience, which is what I’m alluding to now given everyone’s comments.

Of course it didn’t. Sellers have a lot to lose. I’ve worked with absolutely detestable clients, and had to pretend everything was ok - because either a cancelation or a bad review are bad outcomes for me. Not saying that this was the case, but sellers can’t afford to be direct due to the way the system works.

From your point of view, a cancelation means you lose nothing. From a sellers point of view, they lose money, all the hours of work they put into it, and on top of that they can get demoted and lose future business. Same with a bad review - getting one as a buyer is irrelevant, getting one as a seller is very bad.

Visual - yeah i appreciate that. Personally I’d rather deal head on with someone creatively but i understand the rules around conduct etc.

Visual - yeah i appreciate that. Personally I’d rather deal head on with someone creatively but i understand the rules around conduct etc.

Oh, me too - I enjoy working with clients outside the platform much more. Dealing with direct clients is much better. First of all, I get paid upfront. Second of all, if they are being unreasonable or insulting I can tell them to **** off. Here I can’t do that, and am under constant pressure to keep stats.

Archived