Gig analytics issue: causing data to not be shown (Still there and updating)

audioboon

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT IS A BUG ON THE ANALYTICS PAGE:

When they say it’s a “display issue” and that the’re “being calculated properly” I’m not sure that’s totally accurate. Maybe they’re being calculated/stored properly in one place (eg. table) but not calculated/stored properly in another place (eg. another table, the one it uses to show the figures on the analytics page. Maybe the process that runs to take the info from Table A, process it (eg. total it) and put it in Table B didn’t run properly (eg. didn’t run at all or the process might have crashed part way through?).

• Like 4

When they say it’s a “display issue” and that the’re “being calculated properly” I’m not sure that’s totally accurate. Maybe they’re being calculated/stored properly in one place (eg. table) but not calculated/stored properly in another place (eg. another table, the one it uses to show the figures on the analytics page. Maybe the process that runs to take the info from Table A, process it (eg. total it) and put it in Table B didn’t run properly (eg. didn’t run at all or the process might have crashed part way through?).

Where did they say it’s a display issue?

It’s done with code for each gig. Somewhere the code got broken. That happens quite a bit. They probably wanted to change something and in doing that messed up the code.

• Like 2

It’s done with code for each gig. Somewhere the code got broken. That happens quite a bit. They probably wanted to change something and in doing that messed up the code.

In the screenshot from the post you linked to:

where they said:

We are currently experiencing a display issue with gig impressions, views and clicks. The numbers are still being calculated properly, and we are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Screenshot_20200430-070419_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8750539dbd7d57d6d68f3cb017a58204.jpg

• Like 5

In the screenshot from the post you linked to:

where they said:

We are currently experiencing a display issue with gig impressions, views and clicks. The numbers are still being calculated properly, and we are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

That means they, the numbers, are not being displayed, nothing more. It says nothing about the reason for that but it’s due to a break in the code somewhere.

• Like 3

Display issues or not but my gigs are behaving like 0 0 0 0 are the real numbers. It all came crashing down on 28th, I believe. The day when we had messaging/delivery issues again. My stats were 1/3 of what they usually are on average on that day (which makes sense, I guess, the site was glitchy and down for some time); then zeroes after that.

I’m not complaining (yet) but display issues makes it sound like everything’s fine and gigs’ performance isn’t affected, just the stats. It’s not true for me personally.

• Like 7

Display issues or not but my gigs are behaving like 0 0 0 0 are the real numbers. It all came crashing down on 28th, I believe. The day when we had messaging/delivery issues again. My stats were 1/3 of what they usually are on average on that day (which makes sense, I guess, the site was glitchy and down for some time); then zeroes after that.

I’m not complaining (yet) but display issues makes it sound like everything’s fine and gigs’ performance isn’t affected, just the stats. It’s not true for me personally.

@lenasemenkova agreed. experiencing the same.

• Like 3

That means they, the numbers, are not being displayed, nothing more. It says nothing about the reason for that but it’s due to a break in the code somewhere.

That means they, the numbers, are not being displayed, nothing more

But that’s incorrect really since the numbers are being displayed. They’re just zero. So (most likely) they’re wrong in where it’s getting those numbers from (eg. they’re probably wrong in some table but might be right in some other table).

• Like 4

Have you checked with using an anonymous browser to see where your gigs are in the search and in the category?

• Like 5

That means they, the numbers, are not being displayed, nothing more

But that’s incorrect really since the numbers are being displayed. They’re just zero. So (most likely) they’re wrong in where it’s getting those numbers from (eg. they’re probably wrong in some table but might be right in some other table).

There is a code that tells the analytics page what the actual numbers are. It defaults to zero if there are no numbers given to it.

• Like 3

Have you checked with using an anonymous browser to see where your gigs are in the search and in the category?

Yeah. I’m somewhere in the middle of the page 1. Right where I usually am.

I usually check my views/clicks to see how well I’m doing at the moment comparing to a more busy period but I can’t do that now.

• Like 2

Yeah. I’m somewhere in the middle of the page 1. Right where I usually am.

I usually check my views/clicks to see how well I’m doing at the moment comparing to a more busy period but I can’t do that now.

I see your poster gig on the top line first page in the middle of the line, of “poster design” but then I’ve looked at it before so maybe that’s why. I checked your flyer gig and it was not on the first page of flyer design. If I get some time this evening I will check anonymously.

• Like 2

There is a code that tells the analytics page what the actual numbers are. It defaults to zero if there are no numbers given to it.

It might be that there’s somewhere/some table that stores them more detailed than what gets shown in the analytics page (where it’s totals for one day in the most detailed option). Maybe the process that runs that takes that other, more detailed info and puts them into what the analytics page sees (the totals no more detailed than a day) failed or didn’t run on some days. I assume they are then 0 in the database for the daily totals until they can recalculate (re-total) them.

• Like 2

It might be that there’s somewhere/some table that stores them more detailed than what gets shown in the analytics page (where it’s totals for one day in the most detailed option). Maybe the process that runs that takes that other, more detailed info and puts them into what the analytics page sees (the totals no more detailed than a day) failed or didn’t run on some days. I assume they are then 0 in the database for the daily totals until they can recalculate (re-total) them.

It’s a code problem somewhere. The code breaks all over the place at times. Hence all the bugs.

• Like 2

I see your poster gig on the top line first page in the middle of the line, of “poster design” but then I’ve looked at it before so maybe that’s why. I checked your flyer gig and it was not on the first page of flyer design. If I get some time this evening I will check anonymously.

My flyer gig is there for people who want to order double-sided designs. It’s rarely used so I wouldn’t be surprised it was somewhere near the bottom. I’m kind of shocked every time someone buys it instead of going for my main gig.

Thank you for checking. 🙂

• Like 1

My flyer gig is there for people who want to order double-sided designs. It’s rarely used so I wouldn’t be surprised it was somewhere near the bottom. I’m kind of shocked every time someone buys it instead of going for my main gig.

Thank you for checking. 🙂

I’m curious about what you mentioned.

My theory about where our gigs are placed is that for us, who have popular gigs, they are hand picked for their placements. The algorithm isn’t used for ours usually but at this time it is defaulted to.

I’m thinking that right now, with the stats broken, the agrorithm is the only thing that is choosing where to show our gigs.

• Like 4

I’m curious about what you mentioned.

My theory about where our gigs are placed is that for us, who have popular gigs, they are hand picked for their placements. The algorithm isn’t used for ours usually but at this time it is defaulted to.

I’m thinking that right now, with the stats broken, the agrorithm is the only thing that is choosing where to show our gigs.

The problem I have with this is when my gig goes dead, I usually can go and look at my stats. If they are 50-60% down compared to the week before, I think: “Great, I’ve been penalized for whatever or I’ve been moved to give someone time to shine” and move on with my day and go do something else.

Now my stats are zeroes (while fiverr tells me it’s a cosmetic issue and in reality, everything’s absolutely fine) while my gig’s the deadest it’s ever been and I can’t even check the stats by myself. It’s annoying.

the agrorithm is the only thing that is choosing where to show our gigs.

Huh. Now that’s scary but makes sense. I wouldn’t be surprised at this point.

• Like 2

The problem I have with this is when my gig goes dead, I usually can go and look at my stats. If they are 50-60% down compared to the week before, I think: “Great, I’ve been penalized for whatever or I’ve been moved to give someone time to shine” and move on with my day and go do something else.

Now my stats are zeroes (while fiverr tells me it’s a cosmetic issue and in reality, everything’s absolutely fine) while my gig’s the deadest it’s ever been and I can’t even check the stats by myself. It’s annoying.

the agrorithm is the only thing that is choosing where to show our gigs.

Huh. Now that’s scary but makes sense. I wouldn’t be surprised at this point.

my gig’s the deadest it’s ever been

that would prove my theory. I don’t know how or if yours are optimized or anything so it’s just a theory but I have a few reasons for it.

• Like 1

my gig’s the deadest it’s ever been

that would prove my theory. I don’t know how or if yours are optimized or anything so it’s just a theory but I have a few reasons for it.

There is also a “local sellers” filter that was added this week. Which, I suspect, would shave off some percentage of my US/Canada clients (great idea for an international platform, fiverr, thank you).

We’ll see how it goes when the stats come back.

There is also a “local sellers” filter that was added this week. Which, I suspect, would shave off some percentage of my US/Canada clients (great idea for an international platform, fiverr, thank you).

I’m in the U.S. and would have no problem ordering from you even knowing you aren’t nearby. We Americans won’t stop ordering when we see great gigs from other locations. It’s not like you are selling a writing service and are new for example which might be different in some cases. I would never screen only for U.S. designers.

• Like 4

I checked your gig using incognito mode in Chrome and it’s on the first page fifth line.

• Like 2

I checked your gig using incognito mode in Chrome and it’s on the first page fifth line.

Something apart from the gig’s position gets factored into this ‘cause my stats and my sales are a murder scene at this point. 🙂

I planned to unroll a brand new gig on Monday but it will probably have to wait until things get sorted out. As long as sorting it out won’t take them a month like it did with that mysterious funds earned/funds cleared issue a year ago.

Based on my experience with web projects, I sure hope it’s not the case when you’re being continuously told that there is a temporary issue with the database and then it turns out that the database went up in flames and is gone forever and the dev team is just searching for the right words to inform everyone.

Something apart from the gig’s position gets factored into this ‘cause my stats and my sales are a murder scene at this point. 🙂

I planned to unroll a brand new gig on Monday but it will probably have to wait until things get sorted out. As long as sorting it out won’t take them a month like it did with that mysterious funds earned/funds cleared issue a year ago.

Based on my experience with web projects, I sure hope it’s not the case when you’re being continuously told that there is a temporary issue with the database and then it turns out that the database went up in flames and is gone forever and the dev team is just searching for the right words to inform everyone.

@lenasemenkova I tried to use Tor Browser, which is an anonymous browser but it’s not working for me. Let me get some coffee in a bit and think this through more.

I’m sure this is temporary with the analytics page.

How you are on the first page and sales have stopped I don’t know.

My sales are the same as always.

It would help if a few others would check your gig placement as well.

Under poster design you are in row 6:

818872125_lenagig.thumb.GIF.a58f9752adc34dcb2be19c135393f828.GIF
lena gig687×788 162 KB
  • Like 1