Is this an example of the future?

misscrystal

That’s not the future. That’s six months from now when the supermarkets run empty and everyone is on a new war footing. - At least, that’s the economic likelihood of things.

That said, it depends what you mean my ‘civilized world.’ There has never and can never be a complete collapse of civilization. There is only ever a shift from one power axis to another.

That’s not the future. That’s six months from now when the supermarkets run empty and everyone is on a new war footing. - At least, that’s the economic likelihood of things.

That said, it depends what you mean my ‘civilized world.’ There has never and can never be a complete collapse of civilization. There is only ever a shift from one power axis to another.

I feel threatened for real. Last night late at night I was in my living room, blinds closed on the big windows, and someone with a high powered flashlight was shining it all around the most remote window, top, bottom, sides, I could see the bright light beam coming through the blinds and curtains. They were seeing if there is an alarm system on the windows!

People are already looking to see what they can break into, including my home. So tonight I’m purchasing some window alarms.

That’s six months from now when the supermarkets run empty and everyone is on a new war footing.

It hasn’t yet sunk in completely just how dire things are about to get.

Apocalyptic.

Emergency room doctors here are starting to commit suicide.

I feel threatened for real. Last night late at night I was in my living room, blinds closed on the big windows, and someone with a high powered flashlight was shining it all around the most remote window, top, bottom, sides, I could see the bright light beam coming through the blinds and curtains. They were seeing if there is an alarm system on the windows!

People are already looking to see what they can break into, including my home. So tonight I’m purchasing some window alarms.

That’s six months from now when the supermarkets run empty and everyone is on a new war footing.

Apocalyptic.

So tonight I’m purchasing some window alarms.

You’d be better off with a big dog. People breaking into places don’t care about alarms because all they do is annoy people. However, as soon as they think they will be mauled by a savage rottweiler or pitbull, they will quickly make their exit.

So tonight I’m purchasing some window alarms.

You’d be better off with a big dog. People breaking into places don’t care about alarms because all they do is annoy people. However, as soon as they think they will be mauled by a savage rottweiler or pitbull, they will quickly make their exit.

I may get a monitoring service although that would require someone coming into my home to see what needs to be done and installing it.

So far it’s just me and my coven in here, alone, and we will try to keep it that way as long as we can.

The sheer volume in this country of abandoned decaying rotting buildings is astounding.

An additional horror to me is seeing people slogging through a jungle of poison ivy. You guys in other parts of the world are lucky it doesn’t grow there, only here. Poison ivy sent me to the emergency room one time when my arm swelled up beyond recognition with it.

I googled North Brother Island, which you shared in your video, and found this:

" It’s illegal to visit North Brother Island without permission from the city due to hazardous ruins and its status as a bird sanctuary."

It’s only one mile away from Manhattan, a convenient location for a millionaire or billionaire, or a real estate development of luxury homes.

But since the city owns it, they’d rather let the birds have it. SMH

Either way, nature is not going to win against humanity. Nature sends a little hurricane, we rebuild, nature sends an earthquake, we rebuild, nature kills with smallpox, we find a cure. Corona is nothing, Marcus Aurelius dealt with smallpox which was far worse. Malaria and yellow fever killed tens of thousands of laborers building the Panama Canal. AIDS was a huge killer until the development of drug cocktails.

I googled North Brother Island, which you shared in your video, and found this:

" It’s illegal to visit North Brother Island without permission from the city due to hazardous ruins and its status as a bird sanctuary."

It’s only one mile away from Manhattan, a convenient location for a millionaire or billionaire, or a real estate development of luxury homes.

But since the city owns it, they’d rather let the birds have it. SMH

Either way, nature is not going to win against humanity. Nature sends a little hurricane, we rebuild, nature sends an earthquake, we rebuild, nature kills with smallpox, we find a cure. Corona is nothing, Marcus Aurelius dealt with smallpox which was far worse. Malaria and yellow fever killed tens of thousands of laborers building the Panama Canal. AIDS was a huge killer until the development of drug cocktails.

That person who made the video is notorious for going places that are off limits and/or illegal to go to. I like that it’s undeveloped. You can tell no one goes there since there is no graffiti. It’s surprising.

I wouldn’t go into a place that housed typhoid and smallpox patients, even now. Not to mention breathing in all that dust and probably asbestos.

I may get a monitoring service although that would require someone coming into my home to see what needs to be done and installing it.

So far it’s just me and my coven in here, alone, and we will try to keep it that way as long as we can.

The sheer volume in this country of abandoned decaying rotting buildings is astounding.

An additional horror to me is seeing people slogging through a jungle of poison ivy. You guys in other parts of the world are lucky it doesn’t grow there, only here. Poison ivy sent me to the emergency room one time when my arm swelled up beyond recognition with it.

Nah. A rich woman who owns an entire apartment on the seafront near me has just done all that. One day there is a guy putting CCTV cameras up, then goes up a new monitored security sign. All that does is tell people she must have stuff worth stealing. i.e. Guess who gets looted first.

In times of crisis, the best thing to do is just make yourself look as poor and as unremarkable as possible.

Nah. A rich woman who owns an entire apartment on the seafront near me has just done all that. One day there is a guy putting CCTV cameras up, then goes up a new monitored security sign. All that does is tell people she must have stuff worth stealing. i.e. Guess who gets looted first.

In times of crisis, the best thing to do is just make yourself look as poor and as unremarkable as possible.

No one is off limits. Homeless people get their shoes stolen off their feet while they sleep. Drug addicts are a huge part of the problem. Everyone has at least a computer to steal.

No one is off limits. Homeless people get their shoes stolen off their feet while they sleep. Drug addicts are a huge part of the problem. Everyone has at least a computer to steal.

Asbestos removal is very expensive, that alone is a reason to abandon a place.

No one is off limits. Homeless people get their shoes stolen off their feet while they sleep. Drug addicts are a huge part of the problem.

True, but notice how they endure. They have next to nothing and yet they keep going. By the way, most homeless people sleep in communities of their own kind for self-protection. If you ever get a chance, read Mole People, it’s about the homeless who live in abandoned subway tunnels in NYC.

Asbestos removal is very expensive, that alone is a reason to abandon a place.

No one is off limits. Homeless people get their shoes stolen off their feet while they sleep. Drug addicts are a huge part of the problem.

True, but notice how they endure. They have next to nothing and yet they keep going. By the way, most homeless people sleep in communities of their own kind for self-protection. If you ever get a chance, read Mole People, it’s about the homeless who live in abandoned subway tunnels in NYC.

I’m familiar with the homeless around here somewhat due to feeding feral cats which live where the homeless people do. I’ve done a little work also to help them at times.

Drug addicts are a huge part of the problem.

Everyone is a drug addict. However, most people’s drug of choice is money. Drug addicts rarely kill themselves on purpose. However, people who suddenly wake up one day with nothing find it much harder to deal with the withdrawal.

I’d much prefer to surround myself with homeless people and junkies in a crisis than the well to do family next door.

Everyone is a drug addict. However, most people’s drug of choice is money. Drug addicts rarely kill themselves on purpose. However, people who suddenly wake up one day with nothing find it much harder to deal with the withdrawal.

I’d much prefer to surround myself with homeless people and junkies in a crisis than the well to do family next door.

Drug addicts rarely kill themselves on purpose.

Here they do. All the time. One jumped in front of an oncoming train here. They cycle in and out of rehab continually. And they are teens and in their early 20s here usually.

notice how they endure.

I have noticed that. Five years, ten years or more, and looking usually clean and healthy on top of that. Women don’t have an easy time of it. So when I see a woman who has been homeless for years I admire those survival skills that have kept her alive.

people who suddenly wake up one day with nothing find it much harder to deal with the withdrawal.

I’ve seen this. They suffer so terribly when they lose money, possessions, or anything. They can sometimes go to dangerous extremes over it.

I’ve had drivers run into and demolish my cars, some of them classics, so many times that the last time it happened I was numb to it. I’ve walked away with only a broken knuckle from a head on crash one time so I’m lucky to still be here to tell about it. The last time it happened I was broadsided and the car flew through the air a half city block and was bent almost double and I walked away without a scratch.

I never expect anything in life to be permanent.

Apocalyptic.

Apocalyptic.

Things may become more challenging in some areas and social categories, but I highly doubt that we’ll come anywhere near being “apocalyptic”. At worst, we’ll have more disagreements, and maybe a few temporary food shortages – nothing much different than national friction as we’ve known it. The world is not ending in war, famine, disaster, or plague. What we fear right now will be righted by those who are optimistic, determined, and care about others around them.

Archived