Inappropriate Buyer Name Troll - Please Help

michaelfink

Hey guys, I’ve used Fiverr since 2014 and this is the first time I’ve ever experienced something like this. I’ve included pictures of the situation and I just don’t know what to do anymore, I’m stressed and exasperated and need advice. I don’t want this to affect my account status as I have 5 stars over the course of 6 years. Thanks.

Mod Note: Screenshot removed. Please remove the username before reposting.

As others have said, just cancel the order. If you’ve got the option of having Fiverr CS do it for you, then go for that - you’ve got more chance of it not affecting your order completion rate. Otherwise, do a mutual cancellation, and accept your gigs might drop off a bit for a few days.

Ultimately, nobody gets to force you to do work you don’t want to do. That’s kind of the end of the discussion, so the buyer choosing not to ‘accept’ your cancellation is a moot point - if you’re not comfortable doing the work, you just cancel. The buyer will be annoyed, but that’s the reality of having a name like that I’m afraid, I can’t imagine this is the first time they’ve had an issue.

You won’t get a negative review, because when the order is cancelled, the buyer can’t leave you a review, so try not to worry about it.

Archived