Withdrawing funds!

vitobuchicchio

A bit of general advice based on my own experience…

All the withdrawal methods such as PayPal, bank transfer, etc have different exchange rates / transfer fees - and this can make a big difference to the amount you receive.

For example, I’m based in the UK and I used PayPal to withdraw about $2,000 from Fiverr. I lost nearly 9% of my earnings (that’s after the 20% Fiverr commission) - which is a massive amount. It came as a shock!

My advice to everyone is to compare both the transfer fees AND exchange rates for your country before making a withdrawal. It can be very confusing, but if I had taken 10 minutes to compare rates - then I might not have lost $180.

A bit of general advice based on my own experience…

All the withdrawal methods such as PayPal, bank transfer, etc have different exchange rates / transfer fees - and this can make a big difference to the amount you receive.

For example, I’m based in the UK and I used PayPal to withdraw about $2,000 from Fiverr. I lost nearly 9% of my earnings (that’s after the 20% Fiverr commission) - which is a massive amount. It came as a shock!

My advice to everyone is to compare both the transfer fees AND exchange rates for your country before making a withdrawal. It can be very confusing, but if I had taken 10 minutes to compare rates - then I might not have lost $180.

thank you very much, I will lose a few minutes to read the various percentages there are

Archived