Safety of my money (as buyer)

egrafika

Hello!

I am about to make biggeer purchase ~150$. Let’s say I choose one of freelancers - he seems to be skilled and able to do the work.

However he fails - not due to bad will, not enought resources etc. Simply he is not skilled enought to complete the task. And now:

Job is partly done, but not completed. Or done, but in so low quality, so there is no use of it. So I am not willing to pay money to freelancer.

Is it all right?

Do not misuderstand me - I am more than willing to pay & tip for good job. However in this case I have particullar dead-line and if product turns out to be low quality - I will lose much more money than 150$ on gig.

• Like 2

Hello!

I am about to make biggeer purchase ~150$. Let’s say I choose one of freelancers - he seems to be skilled and able to do the work.

However he fails - not due to bad will, not enought resources etc. Simply he is not skilled enought to complete the task. And now:

Job is partly done, but not completed. Or done, but in so low quality, so there is no use of it. So I am not willing to pay money to freelancer.

Is it all right?

Do not misuderstand me - I am more than willing to pay & tip for good job. However in this case I have particullar dead-line and if product turns out to be low quality - I will lose much more money than 150$ on gig.

but in so low quality

It’s very subjective.

Your money are protected and your seller doesn’t get paid until the order marked as complete.

But as per fiverr TOS (that you signed) orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on quality of work or your satisfaction. Orders can be cancelled only if your seller didn’t deliver what he promised in his gig (for example: he had 5 pages of website included but he built only 4.)

You can’t come to a bakery and ask them to bake you a wholemeal avocado bread (that you never tried and is something new) create a recipe, spend their time on it but you’ll pay them only if you bite it and only if you like it.

(Because you know it might be a quality avocado bread but for some reason you decide you can’t use).

So things or services very rarely cancelled and refunded based on a subjective quality/satisfaction.

• Like 2

What you could do is ask for the milestones feature to be used or order it in smaller sections (split the project into more than one order, then you can see what the quality is like on the first order before continuing). And/or maybe ask for a sample.

• Like 1

If you have concerns about finding the right seller to work with, this is what I would do.

Firstly, while it’s nice to give new sellers an opportunity, on this occasion (you have a deadline, you a looking for quality and you are investing a lot of money), I would only work with 5 star sellers who have proved themselves over time by satisfactorily completing a number of jobs. In other words look for sellers with 5 star feedback who’ve been on Fiverr for say two years or more and who have completed 30+ jobs.

Secondly, pick say 10 of those sellers who appear to meet your brief and send them a concise message outlining your task. Try and point to similar websites as examples, so the seller has a visual idea of what you are looking for. Also outline your deadline and approximate budget, and anything that might be unusual about your project.

Thirdly, wait for responses. Do some sellers ignore you? Do some sellers send a one sentence generic response that means nothing? Do some sellers clearly acknowledge your brief and maybe make one or two positive suggestions about improvements? You get the idea…

What I’m getting at is: do your homework buy finding sellers who look like they can do the job based on their Fiverr description and feedback. And then see how they communicate with you. Only work with sellers who communicate effectively. This is the best way to ensure that you are investing your money, time and trust wisely.

• Like 2