Privacy violation

gretagrassmann

Hi. I’ve been asked a portrait of a girl, but I have the impression that the buyer is not in a close relationship with her (at least not nowadays). Can I draw it even if maybe the buyer doesn’t have the consent from the girl? Thanks for the help, I’m new here!

Can I draw it even if maybe the buyer doesn’t have the consent from the girl?

I don’t see why not, unless there is something improper about how he wants her portrayed or it is requested to be done in a way somehow unflattering or fake. If it seems like it was taken, the photo he provides, without her awareness, such as peeping in a window, then I would say no don’t do it.

Ultimately it’s up to you.

It’s his responsibility to do with that photo he has or the portrait only legal proper things, not yours to monitor that.

Can I draw it even if maybe the buyer doesn’t have the consent from the girl?

I don’t see why not, unless there is something improper about how he wants her portrayed or it is requested to be done in a way somehow unflattering or fake. If it seems like it was taken, the photo he provides, without her awareness, such as peeping in a window, then I would say no don’t do it.

Ultimately it’s up to you.

It’s his responsibility to do with that photo he has or the portrait only legal proper things, not yours to monitor that.

It’s a normal photo, nothing strange. Thank you for your opinion, it was reassuring

Archived