How to prevent a Fraud Buyer?

nay2em2

Recently, I got some fraud buyers.
Today, one of the buyer force me to do extra work otherwise he will give bad reviews.
and some of them ask for a refund after delivering the task.

Also, some of the buyers placing the order without reading the gig description carefully and after a few times, they ask for cancelation.

Do you guys have any idea how to prevent them?
As you know Fiverr is always the buyer’s side.

If your buyer is threatening to leave a bad review unless you do extra work - then you need to report them to customer services immediately. CS should step in and resolve the problem. No amount of money is worth being abused by buyers.

If several buyers are placing orders but then expecting something different from you, I would politely suggest that your gig description isn’t clear enough. Every now and then we all get one or two people like this, but to get a few of them suggests that you aren’t selling yourself correctly - even though you’re obviously getting orders!

If your buyer is threatening to leave a bad review unless you do extra work - then you need to report them to customer services immediately. CS should step in and resolve the problem. No amount of money is worth being abused by buyers.

If several buyers are placing orders but then expecting something different from you, I would politely suggest that your gig description isn’t clear enough. Every now and then we all get one or two people like this, but to get a few of them suggests that you aren’t selling yourself correctly - even though you’re obviously getting orders!

Thanks for your advice.

I mentioned in my gig description “Contact me first before placing the order”. But they don’t read the full gig description, they just read the gig title and place the order without contacting me. Most of these buyers are new in Fiverr and don’t know how to use Fiverr properly. They just say Sorry and ask for the refund.

Thanks for your advice.

I mentioned in my gig description “Contact me first before placing the order”. But they don’t read the full gig description, they just read the gig title and place the order without contacting me. Most of these buyers are new in Fiverr and don’t know how to use Fiverr properly. They just say Sorry and ask for the refund.

As a Fiverr seller you have to do your best to protect yourself from refunds - and that starts by having a clear gig description / title, so people understand what they are buying.

In my experience, if your gig is very cheap, for example $5, people are more inclined to purchase it without taking the trouble to fully understand what they are buying - after all “it’s only $5”!

I found that when I stopped offering $5 gigs and doubled my minimum to $10, the quality of buyers improved. I still got nearly as many orders, but the buyers were more serious, and I made more money - and importantly had far less stress.

Although I do use the wording “If you are unsure about anything connected to this gig please contact me before ordering” - the reality is that most casual / cheap buyers won’t. The more serious buyers will.

Furthermore, as these forums demonstrate, some malicious buyers will simply purchase a cheap gig and demand extras not covered by the gig - knowing that most sellers will complete the work because they are terrified of poor feedback.

As a seller, you can’t control who buys your gig, but you can do a lot to manage the quality of buyers.

As a Fiverr seller you have to do your best to protect yourself from refunds - and that starts by having a clear gig description / title, so people understand what they are buying.

In my experience, if your gig is very cheap, for example $5, people are more inclined to purchase it without taking the trouble to fully understand what they are buying - after all “it’s only $5”!

I found that when I stopped offering $5 gigs and doubled my minimum to $10, the quality of buyers improved. I still got nearly as many orders, but the buyers were more serious, and I made more money - and importantly had far less stress.

Although I do use the wording “If you are unsure about anything connected to this gig please contact me before ordering” - the reality is that most casual / cheap buyers won’t. The more serious buyers will.

Furthermore, as these forums demonstrate, some malicious buyers will simply purchase a cheap gig and demand extras not covered by the gig - knowing that most sellers will complete the work because they are terrified of poor feedback.

As a seller, you can’t control who buys your gig, but you can do a lot to manage the quality of buyers.

Thank you so much for sharing your thought.

Recently, I got some fraud buyers.

Today, one of the buyer force me to do extra work otherwise he will give bad reviews.

and some of them ask for a refund after delivering the task.

Also, some of the buyers placing the order without reading the gig description carefully and after a few times, they ask for cancelation.

Do you guys have any idea how to prevent them?

As you know Fiverr is always the buyer’s side.

💡 Fiverr 101. Ugh! Don’t allow a Buyer to force you to do work that wasn’t agreed upon. If they tell you, if you don’t do XYZ or they’ll leave a scathing review. Well, that’s BLACKMAIL and it should never be tolerated.

💡 Fiverr 101. Ugh! Don’t allow a Buyer to force you to do work that wasn’t agreed upon. If they tell you, if you don’t do XYZ or they’ll leave a scathing review. Well, that’s BLACKMAIL and it should never be tolerated.

Yes, I just canceled the order. After cancellation, he claim all of my 5 star reviews (500+) are fake and he will submit a bad review in private review section.!

Thank you so much for sharing your thought.

Edit the screenshot to remove (blur) the Buyer’s name.

Naming and shaming is not allowed on this forum.

Share the screenshots with Customer Support just in case the Buyer contacts them. This way they will have your side of the story on record.

You can also the Buyer from communicating with you.

Share the screenshots with Customer Support just in case the Buyer contacts them. This way they will have your side of the story on record.

You can also the Buyer from communicating with you.

Thanks for letting me know. I didn’t knew this role.

Archived