Tips on Buyer Requests as a new seller

marinm_services

Really good sellers rarely go on the buyer requests, since they get organic orders. Most buyer requests are so bad anyway that the only strategy that makes sense is the shotgun approach, and for that to work it has to be a copy and paste job. You can’t expect anyone to spend a lot of time replying to buyer requests when they are mostly priced at $5 or $10. It eats into the bottom line.

Those results are entirely expected.

I agree, i’m new on fiverr and i noticed that most of buyers requests are simply ridiculous, (kind of offering 5$ and one day for creating a website), i know CMS can make life easier but for websites, there are lot of metrics to take in consideration to make a good website.

It’s like they are here to make jokes

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Fiverr Community!

I recently just made a offer where i asked people to make a Blog Article for me though there was one small catch. I was only going to accept a genuine request from a Newbie Seller ( who was new to the platform) . The results i would say were shocking, but they really were not. I was expecting Newbies to show themselves better than the others. I think i was expecting too much from them. I left it there for 3 hours and in the end ended up with 146 Offers. I took a look at all of them and i split experienced sellers from New sellers.

I found A LOT of common mistakes from New sellers, but surprisingly included experienced ones. After reading all of them it felt like i was reading bot messages. It looked like I was looking at Copy Pasted content. Out of all 107 New posts only 13 were genuine with a lot of detail and with responses to what i asked for. This is a big problem to me, since people who are asking to get hired aren’t even dedicated to what they’re doing.

Here i am right now just wanting to give some Tips to any new Seller on this Platform

• Read the Buyer Request before making an offer, as a really common mistake i found by new sellers I didn’t even see any words i used on Request which most likely means they haven’t read it and just Copied a pre-made Request.
  • Show yourself and what you offer in detail. The chances of you get chosen out of 150 people its never going to be 1/150, rather it will heavily depend on what you have to offer at a better price than others
  • Don’t Beg for the job, REALLY serious thing, not everyone but a couple of people started begging, not only on the Offer but even on personal DM’s. This is the worst thing you can do and you will probably get ignored or have your chances to be chosen go to 0.
  • Don’t make offers that you can’t take / aren’t your specialty. Buyer offers are shown after the Gig you have. This will not always mean that you will get something you can do. Sometimes you will get something on a language you don’t speak or get something which is close to what you do, but its got its own differences. Stay away from these offers, since as a new buyer you can only make 10 offers per day!

Don’t make offers that you can’t take / aren’t your specialty. Buyer offers are shown after the Gig you have. This will not always mean that you will get something you can do. Sometimes you will get something on a language you don’t speak or get something which is close to what you do, but its got its own differences. Stay away from these offers, since as a new buyer you can only make 10 offers per day!

As a new seller I’m following all of those points, but it bugs me that I generally only see 15 buyer requests a day, and at max two seem to be the kind of thing I can do. 😦

I wish there was a way to request a new buyer request, but at least none I see are from sellers.

FYI I am in the photo editing category.

@marinm_services Thanks for detailed information.
I have been on fiverr for a month now, I do exactly same thing, read, understand, type the offer and send.

But I have got only 1 order till now after 120 requests and that order is extending day by day as requirement was simple but client is asking for more and more work.

What do you have to say on this? Thanks

@marinm_services Thanks for detailed information.

I have been on fiverr for a month now, I do exactly same thing, read, understand, type the offer and send.

But I have got only 1 order till now after 120 requests and that order is extending day by day as requirement was simple but client is asking for more and more work.

What do you have to say on this? Thanks

Usually for every 10 buyer requests i do i get 2-4 people to message me back.

You need to be careful while accepting offers though, i usually try to not make mistakes while accepting orders, but recently i found a bad apple which completely ruined my chances of doing anymore buying request.

Though i still have around 9 more people who want to buy my services and 1 ongoing Gig.

It is kind of hard to get seen by Requesters, but if you do a great job at convincing then you will be able to get accepted a lot more times.

Usually for every 10 buyer requests i do i get 2-4 people to message me back.

You need to be careful while accepting offers though, i usually try to not make mistakes while accepting orders, but recently i found a bad apple which completely ruined my chances of doing anymore buying request.

Though i still have around 9 more people who want to buy my services and 1 ongoing Gig.

It is kind of hard to get seen by Requesters, but if you do a great job at convincing then you will be able to get accepted a lot more times.

The rate will depend on how strict you are. Atm, I get maybe 50%+ of the buyer requests I submit - but that’s because I only apply very rarely to projects I think would be a great fit. Most days there isn’t a single buyer request worth my time. Maybe 1 every couple of months or so.

Really good sellers rarely go on the buyer requests, since they get organic orders. Most buyer requests are so bad anyway that the only strategy that makes sense is the shotgun approach, and for that to work it has to be a copy and paste job. You can’t expect anyone to spend a lot of time replying to buyer requests when they are mostly priced at $5 or $10. It eats into the bottom line.

Those results are entirely expected.

I perfectly agree with you, some buyers come up with a request of $5 for a book of 50,000 words, and it won’t be professional to take a whole lot of time to responding to their requests, as a newbie we try as much as we can to get good offers that will boost our profile, so you don’t expect someone to spend over 20 mins composing a request for an exotic $5 book when there are several requests on the queue.

While I understand the idea behind buyer requests (“I need something done and there are no gigs specifically for it”), I still feel they undermine the entire idea behind Fiverr. If I wanted to be bidding on projects, there are a lot of freelance platforms with better conditions, lower fees, etc.

The idea behind Fiverr, and its differentiating factor, is to be a storefront, where you can show your services and get contacted directly by potential clients. Buyer requests go against that completely. It’s not coherent with the design philosophy of the platform itself.

And it’s even worse - they seem to generate a lot of problems. Sellers posting there offering services, bottom of the barrel prices, the worst sellers lining up to reply with copy paste jobs to every single request… It paints a very unprofessional picture of the platform for any new buyer that doesn’t know any better.

Finally, and worst of all, it doesn’t even make sense for the majority of services. If you want to order a pizza, you don’t go on an app and post a request for a pizza. You go on an app, you check the different pizza places offering their services, and order from one of them.

@visualstudios

I go there so I use my 10 of the day, but it is usually to help. Like if someone posts he needs Word to PDF fast I send him a link that shows how to do that or PDF to Word I send a link on online PDF free transform services if someone needs bitmap to vector I send them tutorial how to put the bitmap in free Inkscape program and convert image into the vector by tracing. et etc.

But every now and then I see the “fishers” looking to exploit people, like this one guy today asking he needs UI design but he demands that as part of the testing we provide him with two samples of finished work before he places an order. For 5$. I could not resist and I responded with my offer priced 400$ and:

Hello. I will be happy to participate in your testing game. Please consider my offer. You pay as per my offer and I deliver the test results. OK? Just because Fiverr is filled with unskilled persons that do not give you the right to diminish them/us. Take your time and study portfolios and descriptions and select people who are close to delivering what you need, don’t fish for desperate souls.

Hello Fiverr Community!

I recently just made a offer where i asked people to make a Blog Article for me though there was one small catch. I was only going to accept a genuine request from a Newbie Seller ( who was new to the platform) . The results i would say were shocking, but they really were not. I was expecting Newbies to show themselves better than the others. I think i was expecting too much from them. I left it there for 3 hours and in the end ended up with 146 Offers. I took a look at all of them and i split experienced sellers from New sellers.

I found A LOT of common mistakes from New sellers, but surprisingly included experienced ones. After reading all of them it felt like i was reading bot messages. It looked like I was looking at Copy Pasted content. Out of all 107 New posts only 13 were genuine with a lot of detail and with responses to what i asked for. This is a big problem to me, since people who are asking to get hired aren’t even dedicated to what they’re doing.

Here i am right now just wanting to give some Tips to any new Seller on this Platform

• Read the Buyer Request before making an offer, as a really common mistake i found by new sellers I didn’t even see any words i used on Request which most likely means they haven’t read it and just Copied a pre-made Request.
  • Show yourself and what you offer in detail. The chances of you get chosen out of 150 people its never going to be 1/150, rather it will heavily depend on what you have to offer at a better price than others
  • Don’t Beg for the job, REALLY serious thing, not everyone but a couple of people started begging, not only on the Offer but even on personal DM’s. This is the worst thing you can do and you will probably get ignored or have your chances to be chosen go to 0.
  • Don’t make offers that you can’t take / aren’t your specialty. Buyer offers are shown after the Gig you have. This will not always mean that you will get something you can do. Sometimes you will get something on a language you don’t speak or get something which is close to what you do, but its got its own differences. Stay away from these offers, since as a new buyer you can only make 10 offers per day!

Helpful article… great.

Saying that, it is funny, but you should look at some more serious buyer requests 🙂

If the buyer is serious he will look for the seller, reduce the selection by checking some options on the top of the page and then study the portfolio of few selected. That is how one seriously search for something important and serious as the company logo. You do not go on the “market” with a sign “Me need logo” and hope someone hits you with pineapple with USB and your AI files in it with the perfect logo.

#justsaying

Hello Fiverr Community!

Really helpful, Thanks.

Hello Fiverr Community!
I am new here and offerring graphic designing services in begining i have made only two gigs but will make more soon.
I have question about buyer request as i see buyer request fills in seconds so how in this short period of time we can write an offer and not use pretype templete please help me.
If i click the buyer request and then start typing at which number my request will be sent to buyer as many seller will use templete i will go to end or at what time i have click to type an offer as menetion above
Need guidness about that.
Thanks

Hello Fiverr Community!

I am new here and offerring graphic designing services in begining i have made only two gigs but will make more soon.

I have question about buyer request as i see buyer request fills in seconds so how in this short period of time we can write an offer and not use pretype templete please help me.

If i click the buyer request and then start typing at which number my request will be sent to buyer as many seller will use templete i will go to end or at what time i have click to type an offer as menetion above

Need guidness about that.

Thanks

Re-read the thread from the beginning. Buyer requests are not worth you time. Don’t worry too much about them, it’s not productive. Go there and bid on just the ones where you think you can do a great job and the value makes sense, etc. It will be one or two per day max.

Archived