Buyer asked for a service I don't provide. Not sure how to proceed

yogevsharabi

So I got an order for one of my gigs. The buyer wanted help with a certain issue they have with their project. This issue is not something I listed on my gig. I wrote to the buyer that I’m not an expert on the issue at hand, although as they already placed an order I could look at it and give a better opinion, although this wasn’t in the original gig description. I came up with a few alternative ways the buyer can fix their issue (on their own, so that I don’t actually have to be involved in the project).

The buyer hasn’t been online for the past few hours, and hasn’t responded as to what they want to do, and at this points there’s a couple of hours left for the gig. I’m not sure if they would like to cancel the gig (although that seems most likely), or they would accept my advice on alternative solutions (in which case I would mark the gig as “delivered”).

I would contact customer service, and let them know the buyer ordered a service you don’t provide, and is now unavailable, so you are unable to start - let alone complete the order.

Share the dialogue etc.

They will likely cancel it for you…

Sometimes if they cancel because buyer hasn’t submitted requirements, it doesn’t seem to effect completions… not always though!

I would contact customer service, and let them know the buyer ordered a service you don’t provide, and is now unavailable, so you are unable to start - let alone complete the order.

Share the dialogue etc.

They will likely cancel it for you…

Sometimes if they cancel because buyer hasn’t submitted requirements, it doesn’t seem to effect completions… not always though!

How do I contact customer service?

Archived