The buyer has get the order for free because of Fiverr

Hi there ! I am Wp Designer Buddy and I have a very bad experience on Fiverr. One of my buyer was tried to fake a refund.

• It was a whmcs web design order.

First he placed the order, Asked me to add produtcs for me… as he asked I did it. He took 2 days to review the website. After two days I saw he applied a cancellation, When I asked him why? what’s wrong ?
He simple said that I have delete the website and there is nothing …and I never delivered the order.

Well yah ! After this I contact fiverr, I told everything and in reply Fiverr support said that “Fiverr has no option to demand of any buyer to accept the delivery if they are not satisfied with it. In such situations, it is the best option to continue communicating with your buyer and try to find a mutual solution. Feel free to ask them for a list of the changes they need in the order. so that you can make a successful delivery. I also suggest you explain clearly to them what causes the errors.”

After this Fiverr refund the buyer, Downgrade my ratings, downgrade my profile … and When I check back the website after 3 days, wow it’s there, The buyer was using the website… THE WEBSITE THAT I HAVE DESIGNED FOR HIM AND FIVERR HAS REFUND HIM

This is just WOW. I am leaving fiverr … Not because of the buyer… I am leaving fiverr beacuse of FIVERR 1 side SUPPORT …

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to encourage you to contact customer support again. In my experience CS have only ever been fair and helpful in resolving problems - if you can present them with facts. Gathering facts starts from the moment a buyer starts communicating with you.

If you can demonstrate that the site you were paid to work on is the site that is now active - then that is solid evidence that will work in your favour. For example, CS will need to see source files included in your communication with the buyer. If there is no traceable work (because it was all done ‘in the cloud’ for example) - then there is little CS can do.

Although I work in a different industry (mine is proofreading), if a client wants me to work on a document in the cloud (for example Google Docs) - I insist that the client sends me a copy of their document as part of the order. And when I deliver the order, I send a copy of my revisions as part of the delivery. In other words, although I carry out the work in the cloud, I have before and after evidence should there be a problem.

I don’t want to come across as patronising, because I really feel for you, but as sellers we have to take on much of the responsibility for protecting ourselves. If you don’t have any evidence that the site that is now online is your work, then CS have nothing to base a decision on in order to rule in your favour.

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to encourage you to contact customer support again. In my experience CS have only ever been fair and helpful in resolving problems - if you can present them with facts. Gathering facts starts from the moment a buyer starts communicating with you.

If you can demonstrate that the site you were paid to work on is the site that is now active - then that is solid evidence that will work in your favour. For example, CS will need to see source files included in your communication with the buyer. If there is no traceable work (because it was all done ‘in the cloud’ for example) - then there is little CS can do.

Although I work in a different industry (mine is proofreading), if a client wants me to work on a document in the cloud (for example Google Docs) - I insist that the client sends me a copy of their document as part of the order. And when I deliver the order, I send a copy of my revisions as part of the delivery. In other words, although I carry out the work in the cloud, I have before and after evidence should there be a problem.

I don’t want to come across as patronising, because I really feel for you, but as sellers we have to take on much of the responsibility for protecting ourselves. If you don’t have any evidence that the site that is now online is your work, then CS have nothing to base a decision on in order to rule in your favour.

I can understand your points but see as it was a whmcs theme design, The buyer can download it. After all it was on his server.

Eg: I create the website on yourdomain.com, Then the buyer download my design and delete everything from his server. Now there is nothing on yourdomain.com but if he want he can use my design on any other domain such as MyNewDomain .com mynewwebsite .com

In this situation all I have scrennshot of my work and the buyer comments and revisons on the website, The buyer has also ask me for guience such as how to add produtcs in his website, How he can login… It clearly shows that the buyer was using the website…but after a faw days he said that there is nothing, so tell me is this situation still need proof ???

This is from Fiverr support :
As they said they cant demand the buyer to accpect the order and yes that’s right. They should never do this…but why they can to cancel and refund the order without knowing the truth, without seeing the situation…

Hi there,

I understand your trouble with the order FO4150D7457C8. I will share some information with you that might help.

We are reviewing the behavior of the buyer.

Fiverr has no option to demand of any buyer to accept the delivery if they are not satisfied with it. In such situations, it is the best option to continue communicating with your buyer and try to find a mutual solution. Feel free to ask them for a list of the changes they need in the order. so that you can make a successful delivery. I also suggest you explain clearly to them what causes the errors.

One of the possibilities is that you make a custom offer that would comprise of the necessary work if it is not in the scope of the original order. You may discuss this proposal with your buyer.

*Whenever you feel that you cannot carry on with your buyer you are encouraged to ask for mutual order cancellation via Resolution Center located on the Order Page. Please, bear in mind that when orders get canceled, buyers are not allowed to use any of the delivered materials. Feedback can be left only for a completed order.

I am here anytime you have uncertainties or issues.

Have a brilliant day!

IF YOU ARE A SELLER ON FIVERR, DON’T EVEN THINK THAT FIVERR IS GOING TO HELP YOU. IF SOMEONE SCAMS YOU, THEN IT MEANS IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT. CAUSE SCAMERS WILL SCAM, ITS THEIR JOB, THEY ARE JUST DOING THEIR JOB. IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT, YOU DIDN’T USE YOUR MIND, YOU ARE THE BAD GUY. AS A SELLER IF YOU GET SCAMED ON FIVERR, AND AS IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT THEREFORE FIVERR WILL DOWNGRAD YOUR RATINGS AND YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANYTHING.

Kamal hea yar…

IF YOU ARE A SELLER ON FIVERR, DON’T EVEN THINK THAT FIVERR IS GOING TO HELP YOU. IF SOMEONE SCAMS YOU, THEN IT MEANS IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT. CAUSE SCAMERS WILL SCAM, ITS THEIR JOB, THEY ARE JUST DOING THEIR JOB. IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT, YOU DIDN’T USE YOUR MIND, YOU ARE THE BAD GUY. AS A SELLER IF YOU GET SCAMED ON FIVERR, AND AS IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT THEREFORE FIVERR WILL DOWNGRAD YOUR RATINGS AND YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANYTHING.

Kamal hea yar…

That’s your opinion. But it’s not my experience.

We all approach situations differently, but the moment a client asks for additional work outside the agreed scope of the project - you put the brakes on. You message your client explaining it’s not part of the brief, that they can either pay extra for the work, or should there be a problem, then you will approach CS.

What you don’t do is give in to the bully as you will end up working hard for no extra money, and that is time you could be investing in another paying project.

Kamal hea yar…

What you need to do now is to open new ticket with CS and send them screenshots of the website and links to the website that your client is using stating that CS cancelled your order but your client is still using your work.

And after that ask them to contact buyer to stop using and take down their website as he didn’t pay for your services and has no right To use it. Al copyrights belong to you.

Secondly, contact their hosting provider and tell them that your client is in copyright infringement and you want them to block his website. You will have to send them screenshots of cancelled order and that he didn’t pay you.

When working on a project like this it is vital that you include indisputable proof of the work you have done within your delivery. By not doing so, the buyer was able to make wild accusations against you and get the cancellation. Support can only go on what they can see has been done, they can’t assume you are telling the truth.
I don’t work in the same field but when I edit a client’s website text etc directly on site, I will save a copy before and after to show the work. It takes time but it is valid proof so you cannot be taken advantage of. You can’t expect support to just take your word for things.

When working on a project like this it is vital that you include indisputable proof of the work you have done within your delivery. By not doing so, the buyer was able to make wild accusations against you and get the cancellation. Support can only go on what they can see has been done, they can’t assume you are telling the truth.

I don’t work in the same field but when I edit a client’s website text etc directly on site, I will save a copy before and after to show the work. It takes time but it is valid proof so you cannot be taken advantage of. You can’t expect support to just take your word for things.

Just want to say this is spot on. You need evidence in order to be successful with CS. You also need to present your evidence in a very clear, simple to understand way.

Thank you everyone for replying to me. Finally I have a kinda Good news, Fiverr has gave me a compensation of $300. I said “KINDA GOOD NEWS” because my ratings are down and they said they can’t do anything with it.

Anyway “it’s what it is” and I am really very happy because you guys replied to me and your replies really helped me a lot. Thanks again.

What you need to do now is to open new ticket with CS and send them screenshots of the website and links to the website that your client is using stating that CS cancelled your order but your client is still using your work.

And after that ask them to contact buyer to stop using and take down their website as he didn’t pay for your services and has no right To use it. Al copyrights belong to you.

Secondly, contact their hosting provider and tell them that your client is in copyright infringement and you want them to block his website. You will have to send them screenshots of cancelled order and that he didn’t pay you.

Hi there ! Thanks for your reply !

I had contact to the hosting provider with some proofs and the hosting provider said that they will send a notification to the user to remove the copyright content from his hosting account within 3 days, and if he dont remove the copyright content they will suspend his hosting account.

Thank you everyone for replying to me. Finally I have a kinda Good news, Fiverr has gave me a compensation of $300. I said “KINDA GOOD NEWS” because my ratings are down and they said they can’t do anything with it.

Anyway “it’s what it is” and I am really very happy because you guys replied to me and your replies really helped me a lot. Thanks again.

Wow, that’s great… congrats 😇

Archived