What should I do? It's making me uncomfortable

Guest fibocci

Guest fibocci

So, a buyer messages me about working on a project, and is asking for a sample before placing an order. I point out to my live portfolio, but they say they feel uncomfortable with placing an order before they see their product, and I basically explained that work doesn’t start before the order is placed. Then they show me an example of what they’re looking for with a fiverr-res url. It seemed extremely similar to the references pictures they’ve sent before (as in, implying that the other person has already started on the project), and it had someone’s email attached to the watermark.

And now I asked them whether that person has started the work before the order was placed, and now I get a lengthy message saying that they want a business partner and that this person is “truly trying to make money and do a successful business transaction” and how they don’t feel comfortable paying before seeing their product, which basically seemed passive-aggressive.
I then reinforced my previous question and stated that since their mind seems set on the person who’s already done work for them, I encouraged them to make their own choice and that my time is important as well.

Guest fibocci
On 4/26/2020 at 11:41 AM, coerdelion said:

Just say no - there are so many red flags on this one. Report, block

So my gut feeling was correct. Done and done.

For context, this was a user from a Buyer’s Request.

fishysense.jpg.1c5a44ea69ac43471b2da6fa280f921b.jpg

fishysense2.jpg.5ec4bba4f7389545ed0e5f1582e9cb50.jpg

So, a buyer messages me about working on a project, and is asking for a sample before placing an order. I point out to my live portfolio, but they say they feel uncomfortable with placing an order before they see their product, and I basically explained that work doesn’t start before the order is placed. Then they show me an example of what they’re looking for with a fiverr-res url. It seemed extremely similar to the references pictures they’ve sent before (as in, implying that the other person has already started on the project), and it had someone’s email attached to the watermark.

And now I asked them whether that person has started the work before the order was placed, and now I get a lengthy message saying that they want a business partner and that this person is “truly trying to make money and do a successful business transaction” and how they don’t feel comfortable paying before seeing their product, which basically seemed passive-aggressive.

I then reinforced my previous question and stated that since their mind seems set on the person who’s already done work for them, I encouraged them to make their own choice and that my time is important as well.

stay good you dontworry

@roshantech_007 There is no need to quote the initial post in your reply. Take some time to look around and find out how the forum works.

I just had an idiot in my inbox like this. They rambled on in several messages explaining what they want. Then they hit me with "and it’s 1/3 of the price now and the rest when the work is finished?"

My answer was no. Then I got the usual "will no one think of the children" sob story about how they have had bad experiences on Fiverr before, Will be ordering regularly, and only want to pay in full when they have had any changes they need making to the finished product attended to. - I.e. They want unlimited revisions.

Naturally, I slammed the door on their face.

Any buyer like this is not a buyer, they are not even a good scammer. Just say no and report them for behaving inappropriately. That way, they can’t message you again.

Guest fibocci

I just had an idiot in my inbox like this. They rambled on in several messages explaining what they want. Then they hit me with "and it’s 1/3 of the price now and the rest when the work is finished?"

My answer was no. Then I got the usual "will no one think of the children" sob story about how they have had bad experiences on Fiverr before, Will be ordering regularly, and only want to pay in full when they have had any changes they need making to the finished product attended to. - I.e. They want unlimited revisions.

Naturally, I slammed the door on their face.

Any buyer like this is not a buyer, they are not even a good scammer. Just say no and report them for behaving inappropriately. That way, they can’t message you again.

“One-third of the price now”? 😂

What sort of abysmal wiring in their brain would enable them to even type in such a thing?

Guest fibocci

Now I have learnt a very good lesson. If I hadnt seen this post and the discussions below, I would have easily sent such a sample, if asked for. I would just remove the details of the previous client, and send the rest, as a sample work.

I have just learnt. Thanks

It is very easy to work for someone for free before you even know it, believe it or not.

Archived