Getting that one bad review

I am a seller at Fiverr for quiet a long time, not a very frequent seller but I sell my work whenever I get time off my studies.Till today I was able to maintain a 5star rating so far. And I won’t lie it wasn’t easy. I go an extra mile for my customers satisfaction and I’ve never had a communication gap with any one of them.
But all of that goes in vein with just that one bad review. Someone left me a 3star without any justification and all my days work seems to have fallen back. I don’t know when I can go back to 5star again. I contacted him to see if I could fix the things he still did not like but haven’t got any response yet. I was feeling demotivated so I wanted to see if writing in the forum could help me vent out my feelings.
Share with me your stories of “that one bad review” and how you handled it.

I am a seller at Fiverr for quiet a long time, not a very frequent seller but I sell my work whenever I get time off my studies.Till today I was able to maintain a 5star rating so far. And I won’t lie it wasn’t easy. I go an extra mile for my customers satisfaction and I’ve never had a communication gap with any one of them.

But all of that goes in vein with just that one bad review. Someone left me a 3star without any justification and all my days work seems to have fallen back. I don’t know when I can go back to 5star again. I contacted him to see if I could fix the things he still did not like but haven’t got any response yet. I was feeling demotivated so I wanted to see if writing in the forum could help me vent out my feelings.

I contacted him to see if I could fix the things

You will also end Up getting a Warning from Fiverr for that.

There is nothing much you do about the bad review, when ever a review is done, Good or bad just live with it

I feel for you. The good sellers on Fiverr do go the extra mile for clients. Assuming your gig description is accurate, assuming the buyer read the gig description fully, and assuming you carried out the work as per the gig description - then nothing should have gone wrong. If the buyer was unhappy, they should have made contact to give you the opportunity to amend the delivery before leaving feedback. Just as importantly, that ‘paper trail’ of communication also allows you to demonstrate to Fiverr customer support if a client is being unfair towards you.

However, as many of us longtime sellers know - sadly there are a handful of buyers who just don’t care. They don’t stop to think about the impact of their poor feedback. In fact, there are a handful of idiots who get pleasure from leaving poor feedback when it’s not justified. I shouldn’t, but I also take personally if a client isn’t happy. But sadly on here, it is going to happen every now and then.

On a positive note though, most buyers are good people and your feedback will correct itself over time with more sales and more positive feedback.

I contacted him to see if I could fix the things he still did not like but haven’t got any response yet.

Since the review says “it was fine” they seem happy with it anyway. Contacting a buyer about a review can risk a warning.

I think someone said 3 stars and above for a rating are considered good by Fiverr. Though if a seller’s average rating in the last 60 days goes below 4.7 it can lead to demotions/prevent promotions. I think ability to send offers to BR is also based on rating (whether it’s 90% positive). Maybe it’s just best to accept lower ratings/take into account whatever is written, unless it was something totally against the TOS where CS could do something about it (without risking a warning to the seller for asking).

I feel for you. The good sellers on Fiverr do go the extra mile for clients. Assuming your gig description is accurate, assuming the buyer read the gig description fully, and assuming you carried out the work as per the gig description - then nothing should have gone wrong. If the buyer was unhappy, they should have made contact to give you the opportunity to amend the delivery before leaving feedback. Just as importantly, that ‘paper trail’ of communication also allows you to demonstrate to Fiverr customer support if a client is being unfair towards you.

However, as many of us longtime sellers know - sadly there are a handful of buyers who just don’t care. They don’t stop to think about the impact of their poor feedback. In fact, there are a handful of idiots who get pleasure from leaving poor feedback when it’s not justified. I shouldn’t, but I also take personally if a client isn’t happy. But sadly on here, it is going to happen every now and then.

On a positive note though, most buyers are good people and your feedback will correct itself over time with more sales and more positive feedback.

Yes I do agree most buyers are good people. I’ll seek for more works in future to fix my ratings again 😃

I contacted him to see if I could fix the things he still did not like but haven’t got any response yet.

Since the review says “it was fine” they seem happy with it anyway. Contacting a buyer about a review can risk a warning.

I think someone said 3 stars and above for a rating are considered good by Fiverr. Though if a seller’s average rating in the last 60 days goes below 4.7 it can lead to demotions/prevent promotions. I think ability to send offers to BR is also based on rating (whether it’s 90% positive). Maybe it’s just best to accept lower ratings/take into account whatever is written, unless it was something totally against the TOS where CS could do something about it (without risking a warning to the seller for asking).

I had no idea about the warning or else I would have just accepted the 3star anyways.

Archived