Question and / or suggestion about gigs in category page

fherking

Is there a section for random sellers in section page?

For example, i signed up two days ago and there are 13000 people offering the same as me…

When I enter as a buyer, is there a chance of my gig appearing or the user must scroll all the way to the last page?

If not randomly appearing:

Could be a good idea to have two sections in global gigs offering page:

Have a section for best rated, pro, …
And a section of random sellers not having a lot of buyers or sellers who are new…

… so in the end we equally have a chance to get work done.

If Fiverr did that you probably wouldn’t get any sales at all.

Why would any buyer search that way?

Your problem is that you have too many competitors. The solution to that is to make something that has high demand but low competition.

High competition is a flawed business model and instead of thinking about Fiverr could mitigate that, create something that buyers want.

If Fiverr did that you probably wouldn’t get any sales at all.

Why would any buyer search that way?

Your problem is that you have too many competitors. The solution to that is to make something that has high demand but low competition.

High competition is a flawed business model and instead of thinking about Fiverr could mitigate that, create something that buyers want.

First : Im not angry, this is the way I talk, sorry if it seems :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I explain myself in poorly manners and poorly words most of the time… but ill try to write the best I can (sorry for the typos but i had a hard work day and its very late where I live, and I dont fell like puttin every apostrophe)

INEQUALITY of oportunity are the words I try to discuss

Example:

Would you choose a computer from a local store being better, cheaper and well supported but being the seller unkown or new to the market , or you would buy an ibm?

… of course an IBM because you`re not going to go to every computer seller in the city to find THAT seller …

Problem:

Lets get to the point:Im talking about this page :

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/music-audio/mixing-mastering?source=entire_marketplace_link&filter=auto

As I see they are these categories:

NONE and defaults to recomended.

lets draw a line here for clarity

As I see fiver there should have those options instead:

1) A random selection of sellers with an average threshold (determined by fiver) of this parameters:

• Ratings by customers satisfaction
  • Possitive Sold gigs ( in a period , for example last 2 months)

this way potential NEW buyers doesn’t get always the same offers from the same people so there is a good distribution of possible new customers between them all.

2) A random selection from people whith low number but quality selling gigs last month (or average over a couple of months) and people new to the market as is my case and the case of lot of people I saw in the forums.

In this way potentially NEW customers can get to KNOW new sellers / sellers with low gigs WITHOUT digging trough all the pages or using the filtering system.

Is the first impression what I think needs to be changed:

Giving oportunities for new / low sellers with good quality to be seen the first time a customer enters.

That is a good logic, keep being a sheep , while the wolves eats us one by one.

But maybe fiverr is for another thing and not what I think its for… 😇

Thanks nevertheless

For example, i signed up two days ago and there are 13000 people offering the same as me…

When I enter as a buyer, is there a chance of my gig appearing or the user must scroll all the way to the last page?

If not randomly appearing:

Could be a good idea to have two sections in global gigs offering page:

Have a section for best rated, pro, …

And a section of random sellers not having a lot of buyers or sellers who are new…

… so in the end we equally have a chance to get work done.

There’s an option on the gig search page to sort by “Newest Arrivals”. When I did that your gig showed on the second page of that when looking at your subcategory.

Archived