Seller Cancelling without Buyer OK

potentate2016

I fully understand that, but you don’t understand me at all. Let me explain.

1. They could have told me sooner, they waited six days, come on, there should be repercussions. I would never order a gig, and when it’s done not approve it, that is the same thing. When we come to an agreement, they and I must follow through.

2. If they do not follow through, I should have a right to rate them. How will other Buyers know how this Seller treated me if we can’t rate them. I don’t think we can make them finish, but if they do not follow through on a commitment, the Buyer should have the right to rate them. I no longer trust the rating system.

3. If you do not have an accurate rating system, then people will go to another platform.

If you don’t agree with this, you must be a Seller!

If they do not follow through, I should have a right to rate them.

If you pay you can rate them. If you get a refund you can’t.

I’ve had to cancel a few orders due to things the buyer did that were wrong. Should I give a refund and then get a bad review too, just because they did something wrong such as asking for things I don’t do?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldn’t there be a way for a Seller to cancel without the Buyer agree, that way the Buyer can leave a rating to let people know what happened?

I actually like this idea but perhaps something that isn’t a review - maybe an automatic “this order was cancelled by the buyer/seller/mutual agreement”

If a Seller cancels without you want to, why does the Buyer only get a credit? I would think they should get a refund, don’t you?

If you request a refund to payment source from support they will process it. It doesn’t happen automatically.

They could have told me sooner, they waited six days, come on, there should be repercussions.

This is true, cancelling when the order has gone two days late is not good. However, things happen in people’s lives. This is one downside to working with freelancers, if they are sick, their childminder cancels or some other (even minor) emergency comes up, then there isn’t another staff member that picks up the slack.

However, if a seller cancels often (more than 10% of orders), they will be demoted from their seller level. This is a pretty fair way to deal with it - everyone can have an off day or a problem.

I agree and I’m utterly baffled why he didn’t rationally suggest a customer service rating instead of crying “scam” because he didn’t get to change how Fiverr reviews work.

It’s actually a great idea but now it’s overshadowed by his irrational and rude behaviour.

I can see how that situation is upsetting.

However I’m not going to address parts if it’s correct from seller or not I will only answer your concerns.

1. If you are worried that seller can cancel his order without any repercussions without you leaving a review for a not completed job, then you are wrong. You can’t review seller because he didn’t complete work for you and only work can be rated. HOWEVER all cancellations affect sellers statistics, which affects their rating, they might loose their level and their gigs will be displayed lower in search after each cancellation. Isn’t that fair enough?
    If your seller made that choice then they already thought of all bad impacts on their account and still decided to cancel.
    No need to ask for a “revenge” review.

2. We can’t know why fiver decided to process cancellations as a credit. However you can reach out to CS and they will send your credit money from your account to your bank.

3. Ratings are not fake. Of course there are always will be someone who’s trying to cheat the system but fiverr is taking strict actions against those sellers and mostly sellers with no review will try to cheat system like that. Established sellers wouldn’t risk their accounts.

The last time I had to cancel an order, on my own initiative, was when the buyer was saying he wanted to lick my feet and other such things.

Should I give him a refund PLUS let him give me a 1 star review?

AND I still have that on my stats so I’m less than 100% thanks to that! 😠

The last time I had to cancel an order, on my own initiative, was when the buyer was saying he wanted to lick my feet and other such things.

AND I still have that on my stats so I’m less than 100% thanks to that! 😠

From OP’s POV, you should even tip him. 😬

I agree and I’m utterly baffled why he didn’t rationally suggest a customer service rating instead of crying “scam” because he didn’t get to change how Fiverr reviews work.

It’s actually a great idea but now it’s overshadowed by his irrational and rude behaviour.

I think the issue got confused somewhere - he wants the cancelling without the buyer’s approval to have a consequence. I think that could be seen as reasonable when the seller went 2 days late and then cancelled, it would seem without any real explanation. I understand things happen but the OP is thinking that there could be a visual note of this somehow on the seller’s profile. I see the possibility of that but also there are negatives.

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable idea though so I’m not sure why you were as harsh in your comment as you were. It was bound to bring a negative response from the OP, which it did and you then responded in kind.

Storm in a teacup really though.

I think the issue got confused somewhere - he wants the cancelling without the buyer’s approval to have a consequence. I think that could be seen as reasonable when the seller went 2 days late and then cancelled, it would seem without any real explanation. I understand things happen but the OP is thinking that there could be a visual note of this somehow on the seller’s profile. I see the possibility of that but also there are negatives.

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable idea though so I’m not sure why you were as harsh in your comment as you were. It was bound to bring a negative response from the OP, which it did and you then responded in kind.

it would seem without any real explanation.

Maybe there was one who knows. Maybe the seller had a valid reason. Buyers can be totally unreasonable, ask for things sellers don’t offer, be abusive, threatening, should we also have to tolerate abuse in the form of negative reviews or remarks they may continue the abuse with publicly?

Because he wasn’t just asking for a consequence. He was saying he should be able to prevent a seller from cancelling an order. He said that like 3 times. And he said Fiverr is a scam for not making that possible.

When I explained why that was incorrect and unethical he changed his story and called me a troll.

it would seem without any real explanation.

Maybe there was one who knows. Maybe the seller had a valid reason. Buyers can be totally unreasonable, ask for things sellers don’t offer, be abusive, threatening, should we also have to tolerate abuse in the form of negative reviews or remarks they may continue the abuse with publicly?

Yeah, maybe they did but the buyer has only got 5 star reviews from other sellers so there’s less reason to assume it is the buyer’s issue. I feel he would have mentioned it as an “excuse” if there was any at all.

We already have the deck stacked against us as it is with cancellations.

If a seller was two days late on my order I would be happy to get a refund and move on.

I’ve been the buyer in that situation, it’s frustrating as hell when you have arranged a project, waited for days and then get nothing and have to consider starting the whole process again.

Fiverr is really pushing promotion at the moment and sellers who turn buyers off the site affect us all negatively, even when the buyer isn’t blameless.

I would expect that there would be communication with me throughout the process as soon as I placed an order. If I didn’t get any type of info or customer service I would want a refund, so that’s why I only choose sellers I can be 100% sure of. If it came deadline time and there was no delivery I would be mad, but I would take back my money and put it behind me. I know the risks involved any time you hire someone.

The OP did not want to cancel even though it was two days late, and even though the seller refused to continue. He wanted to leave a bad review and get a refund also. AND he wanted her to first do the job.

I’ve been the buyer in that situation, it’s frustrating as hell when you have arranged a project, waited for days and then get nothing and have to consider starting the whole process again.

Fiverr is really pushing promotion at the moment and sellers who turn buyers off the site affect us all negatively, even when the buyer isn’t blameless.

And what about the sellers that had worked for who knows how long, and had delivered, only to know the buyer is cancelling the order?

Just saying…

And what about the sellers that had worked for who knows how long, and had delivered, only to know the buyer is cancelling the order?

Just saying…

Two wrongs don’t cancel each other out. Both are bad situations that we should seek solutions for.

I would expect that there would be communication with me throughout the process as soon as I placed an order. If I didn’t get any type of info or customer service I would want a refund, so that’s why I only choose sellers I can be 100% sure of. If it came deadline time and there was no delivery I would be mad, but I would take back my money and put it behind me. I know the risks involved any time you hire someone.

The OP did not want to cancel even though it was two days late, and even though the seller refused to continue. He wanted to leave a bad review and get a refund also. AND he wanted her to first do the job.

I would expect that there would be communication with me throughout the process as soon as I placed an order.

Most of my clients don’t seem to seek that and as a buyer, once I agree something, depending on the project, I don’t hassle them about it. In fact, as a seller I hate when buyers try to micromanage or expect me to be at their beck and call throughout.

that’s why I only choose sellers I can be 100% sure of.

Sellers are 100% until they aren’t. It’s not always possible to tell how an order will go.

If it came deadline time and there was no delivery I would be mad, but I would take back my money and put it behind me.

I don’t think anyone is considering making this a huuuge deal but it is an issue that is worth discussion on the forum made specifically for discussing such things.

I know the risks involved any time you hire someone.

Right, we all know things can go wrong but it doesn’t mean solutions, consequences and ideas shouldn’t be sought afterwards either.

I think wanting the job done is fair enough. Not wanting to have to start again with a new seller is also fair enough, what’s to say a similar thing won’t happen again? It’s frustrating and while it’s not my modus operandi to want to leave a revenge review, for some it would seem like justice.

Hi All, I had to leave as I was sstarting to behave badly, but I’m back. Lol

I just want to say a few things.

1. The reason given for cancelling was because of COVID-19 issue and its hard for her to get into work, and I understand the issue comes up. But 6 days later 2 days late? Not fair.
  2. I did contact the seller a couple of times during the first 4 days and they said all was good.
  3. I contacted the seller when they were late they ignored me the first day then cancelled the second day.
  4. I get along with sellers very well. Only have ever had one issue and I and the seller decided together to cancel and really it was not the seller’s fault, it was just too difficult, it happens.
  5. When I said a Seller should not be able to cancel by themselves, I explained wrong. What I meant to say was when the seller tries to cancel it should not look like it was mutual if its not. I tried to get ahold of CS but they were busy. I needed to agree to get the credit to move on to the next seller, in my OPINION, I had no choice. If there was no way for me to say i dont agree and cancel and it show on the sellers record. I don’t have to agree that would have been better. I truly believe buyers have the right to know a true score from all gigs agreed to. Now I know that’s just my opinion, but that is what a forum is for.
    I have had lots of good experiences on Fiverr. Just today I closed two gigs and I gave them both 5 and a long comment about the positives. I am pretty sure I have given mostly 5 and I am sure I have recived good ones as a buyer although I don’t know how to check that so I should be careful, lol

Anyway, I hope Fiverr could consider a remedy to this.
Thanks

I would expect that there would be communication with me throughout the process as soon as I placed an order.

Most of my clients don’t seem to seek that and as a buyer, once I agree something, depending on the project, I don’t hassle them about it. In fact, as a seller I hate when buyers try to micromanage or expect me to be at their beck and call throughout.

that’s why I only choose sellers I can be 100% sure of.

Sellers are 100% until they aren’t. It’s not always possible to tell how an order will go.

If it came deadline time and there was no delivery I would be mad, but I would take back my money and put it behind me.

I don’t think anyone is considering making this a huuuge deal but it is an issue that is worth discussion on the forum made specifically for discussing such things.

I know the risks involved any time you hire someone.

Right, we all know things can go wrong but it doesn’t mean solutions, consequences and ideas shouldn’t be sought afterwards either.

I think wanting the job done is fair enough. Not wanting to have to start again with a new seller is also fair enough, what’s to say a similar thing won’t happen again? It’s frustrating and while it’s not my modus operandi to want to leave a revenge review, for some it would seem like justice.

So you too would refuse to cancel even after two days late?

That’s what I don’t understand. It was the seller’s fault for not telling him sooner she couldn’t do the job and he’s right to be upset about it. I guess I want to put bad experiences behind me and move on in general.

That’s what I don’t understand. It was the seller’s fault for not telling him sooner she couldn’t do the job and he’s right to be upset about it. I guess I want to put bad experiences behind me and move on in general.

Good question, two answers.

1. I would if I thought she would finish in a couple of days as this cancellation cost me dearly.

2. I just did not want to agree to cancel, I thought if I did not agree then it may allow me t leave a comment, but I was wrong. I just wanted to be able to allow other buyers to know what this Seller did.

I know most Sellers won’t agree but as a Buyer, it’s how I feel.

Good question, two answers.

1. I would if I thought she would finish in a couple of days as this cancellation cost me dearly.

2. I just did not want to agree to cancel, I thought if I did not agree then it may allow me t leave a comment, but I was wrong. I just wanted to be able to allow other buyers to know what this Seller did.

I know most Sellers won’t agree but as a Buyer, it’s how I feel.

I thought if I did not agree then it may allow me t leave a comment, but I was wrong.

So how did it end up being cancelled if you didn’t agree to it?

Yes, I will put it behind me. I actually have some more work I have to do. I am going to take a look at Guru and Upwork as well. Never used them.

Yes, I will put it behind me. I actually have some more work I have to do. I am going to take a look at Guru and Upwork as well. Never used them.

I can tell that you are a nice person. She was wrong to do that. We have this situation discussed quite a bit on the forum, from buyers.

I thought if I did not agree then it may allow me t leave a comment, but I was wrong.

So how did it end up being cancelled if you didn’t agree to it?

I declined the first time but then found out I could not get my money back for the next person, so I had to accept it the second time. I tried to get ahold of CS but they are busy, 3 days later I still have not received a response from CS. So I’m my opinion I had to agree or I could not move on. I did not have enough money to test the system and pay twice.

Archived