Seller Cancelling without Buyer OK

potentate2016

I have a very important Gig to have completed. I found a Seller and approved the quote. It was supposed to be done in 4 days. There were 2 days late and then canceled the gig. I did not want to cancel, but I could not get my money back to hire another person unless I agreed to a cancellation. I think that was a scam, this Seller cost me time and a lot of money. Fiverr would not answer my requests and I could not even rate the Seller. To make it worse, Fiverr would not give me back my money only credit and it was a lot of money. My questions are…

1. Why do we have to agree to a cancelation? I told the Seller no but she still made me agree to cancel. Shouldn’t there be a way for a Seller to cancel without the Buyer agree, that way the Buyer can leave a rating to let people know what happened? Now I see that all the great rates are fake because if you are mistreated you don’t even get the chance to rate the Seller!

2. If a Seller cancels without you want to, why does the Buyer only get a credit? I would think they should get a refund, don’t you?

3. Why can’t we rate a Seller that agrees to a job, waits until the gig should be delivered then cancels. A Buyer should get a chance to let people know. How can a Buyer trust the ratings if we can’t rate a Seller when they don’t deliver?

I have a new understanding of Fiverr and the fake rating system. I see that the rating system is not fair and I see that it is rigged. I have also seen that the seller’s trade ratings on Facebook now. I do like Fiverr but this is the first time I have seen the scam and the more I look and research the more I see. I think if Fiverr does not make it fairer, in the long run they will lose the trust of the Buyer and they will not continue to be a profitable organization. Do you have any feedback on those questions anyone?

Thanks,
Upset Buyer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can’t force a seller to complete an order, regardless of your circumstances. How is that a scam? Do you really want to work for someone who can’t do the job anyway? They would just do a garbage job to get the order over with.

No one owes you an order just because you didn’t build contingency for your important task. If it is this critical and you have this little time, don’t do it on Fiverr. While the seller was very inconsiderate, that doesn’t mean you should be able to force him to do the job…

Can you force a store to let you buy something? No. Nothing changes that.

You can’t force a seller to complete an order, regardless of your circumstances. How is that a scam? Do you really want to work for someone who can’t do the job anyway? They would just do a garbage job to get the order over with.

No one owes you an order just because you didn’t build contingency for your important task. If it is this critical and you have this little time, don’t do it on Fiverr. While the seller was very inconsiderate, that doesn’t mean you should be able to force him to do the job…

Can you force a store to let you buy something? No. Nothing changes that.

I fully understand that, but you don’t understand me at all. Let me explain.

1. They could have told me sooner, they waited six days, come on, there should be repercussions. I would never order a gig, and when it’s done not approve it, that is the same thing. When we come to an agreement, they and I must follow through.

2. If they do not follow through, I should have a right to rate them. How will other Buyers know how this Seller treated me if we can’t rate them. I don’t think we can make them finish, but if they do not follow through on a commitment, the Buyer should have the right to rate them. I no longer trust the rating system.

3. If you do not have an accurate rating system, then people will go to another platform.

If you don’t agree with this, you must be a Seller!

1. They could have told me sooner, they waited six days, come on, there should be repercussions. I would never order a gig, and when it’s done not approve it, that is the same thing. When we come to an agreement, they and I must follow through.

2. If they do not follow through, I should have a right to rate them. How will other Buyers know how this Seller treated me if we can’t rate them. I don’t think we can make them finish, but if they do not follow through on a commitment, the Buyer should have the right to rate them. I no longer trust the rating system.

3. If you do not have an accurate rating system, then people will go to another platform.

In my defense as a Seller. I’m also a Buyer of Voice-over work for specific projects.

Many Sellers here are also Buyers.

None of what you said changes the fact that you can’t force someone to sell something/work for you.

“You must be a seller” No I just know that serfdom is kinda illegal.

Also, the star ratings are for completed jobs, not for interactions with the seller. You think it’s a scam that you aren’t able to give a star rating for a project that was never even done? That makes no sense at all.

If I may ask, what sort of work did you need completed?

Have you looked for alternate Sellers who could complete your order and do it quickly to meet your deadline?

Have you reached out to them?

Thank you for asking. Yes I did and I found someone. But to be honest it will cost me due to my boss being pretty upset with me.

I do liuke Fiverr, I am just trying to bring a point that I found to be unfair. When you are spending a couple hundred dollers on a gig, you want some kind of protection and I now see there is less protection then I thought. I do not mean to be down on Fiverr. I just think it could be better.

Thanks for asking!

Thank you for asking. Yes I did and I found someone. But to be honest it will cost me due to my boss being pretty upset with me.

I do liuke Fiverr, I am just trying to bring a point that I found to be unfair. When you are spending a couple hundred dollers on a gig, you want some kind of protection and I now see there is less protection then I thought. I do not mean to be down on Fiverr. I just think it could be better.

Thanks for asking!

Just so you know, there are countless forum threads about Fiverr being unfair to Sellers as well.

It all depends on your perspective and experience.

None of what you said changes the fact that you can’t force someone to sell something/work for you.

“You must be a seller” No I just know that serfdom is kinda illegal.

Also, the star ratings are for completed jobs, not for interactions with the seller. You think it’s a scam that you aren’t able to give a star rating for a project that was never even done? That makes no sense at all.

I guess what I am saying is that the star rating should be for more then compleated projects. As a matter of fact the Seller did compleate it they failed! They gave nothing.

I will only say this one more time to youy. I am not trying to make some one do anything, I just want to be able to let buyers know that a seller did not follow through on what they say they would. We should have the right to do that.

Just so you know, there are countless forum threads about Fiverr being unfair to Sellers as well.

It all depends on your perspective and experience.

I know I have seen that. If a Buyer is unfair to a seller, the Seller should have the right to rate them as well, if the agreement was made. I should be held responsable as a Buyer thats for sure!

I know I have seen that. If a Buyer is unfair to a seller, the Seller should have the right to rate them as well, if the agreement was made. I should be held responsable as a Buyer thats for sure!

I had a Buyer cancel an order on me just today. I accepted it, because I know they were operating on a limited budget due to the current crisis.

It happens. But I also received 5 orders just today so that made up for the loss…

I just move on from such things.

I have a very important Gig to have completed. I found a Seller and approved the quote. It was supposed to be done in 4 days. There were 2 days late and then canceled the gig. I did not want to cancel, but I could not get my money back to hire another person unless I agreed to a cancellation. I think that was a scam, this Seller cost me time and a lot of money. Fiverr would not answer my requests and I could not even rate the Seller. To make it worse, Fiverr would not give me back my money only credit and it was a lot of money. My questions are…

1. Why do we have to agree to a cancelation? I told the Seller no but she still made me agree to cancel. Shouldn’t there be a way for a Seller to cancel without the Buyer agree, that way the Buyer can leave a rating to let people know what happened? Now I see that all the great rates are fake because if you are mistreated you don’t even get the chance to rate the Seller!

2. If a Seller cancels without you want to, why does the Buyer only get a credit? I would think they should get a refund, don’t you?

3. Why can’t we rate a Seller that agrees to a job, waits until the gig should be delivered then cancels. A Buyer should get a chance to let people know. How can a Buyer trust the ratings if we can’t rate a Seller when they don’t deliver?

I have a new understanding of Fiverr and the fake rating system. I see that the rating system is not fair and I see that it is rigged. I have also seen that the seller’s trade ratings on Facebook now. I do like Fiverr but this is the first time I have seen the scam and the more I look and research the more I see. I think if Fiverr does not make it fairer, in the long run they will lose the trust of the Buyer and they will not continue to be a profitable organization. Do you have any feedback on those questions anyone?

Thanks,

Upset Buyer

1. Why do we have to agree to a cancelation?

No user, be it seller or buyer, is forced to agree to a cancellation.

Shouldn’t there be a way for a Seller to cancel without the Buyer agree,

Yes, the seller can get the order cancelled via CS.

that way the Buyer can leave a rating to let people know what happened?

No. Once the order is cancelled, there’s no way for the buyer to leave a review.

Now I see that all the great rates are fake because if you are mistreated you don’t even get the chance to rate the Seller!

Your premise is false and so is your conclusion. For a sample, enough is a button: All my reviews are great and none of my orders have been cancelled.

1. If a Seller cancels without you want to, why does the Buyer only get a credit? I would think they should get a refund, don’t you?

You should carefully read Fiverr’s TOS: Fiverr’s Terms of Service

I have also seen that the seller’s trade ratings on Facebook now.

If you have proof, you can report those sellers directly to CS. Here’s the link where you can place place the ticket to report them Fiverr Customer Support, or you could mail them at support@fiverr.com

Thanks,

Upset Buyer

Why do we have to agree to a cancelation?

Actually yes, I missed this part… your acceptance is voluntary. You could have declined.

1. Why do we have to agree to a cancelation?

No user, be it seller or buyer, is forced to agree to a cancellation.

Shouldn’t there be a way for a Seller to cancel without the Buyer agree,

Yes, the seller can get the order cancelled via CS.

that way the Buyer can leave a rating to let people know what happened?

No. Once the order is cancelled, there’s no way for the buyer to leave a review.

Now I see that all the great rates are fake because if you are mistreated you don’t even get the chance to rate the Seller!

Your premise is false and so is your conclusion. For a sample, enough is a button: All my reviews are great and none of my orders have been cancelled.

1. If a Seller cancels without you want to, why does the Buyer only get a credit? I would think they should get a refund, don’t you?

You should carefully read Fiverr’s TOS: Fiverr’s Terms of Service

I have also seen that the seller’s trade ratings on Facebook now.

If you have proof, you can report those sellers directly to CS. Here’s the link where you can place place the ticket to report them Fiverr Customer Support, or you could mail them at support@fiverr.com

Thanks for your feedback. I respect your ideas. I feel that this issue would be supported by what side of the coin you’re on. Most Sellers would want to rate a person who agrees to a gig, waits until two days after delivery day, and then cancels. Buy as a Seller I can see why you may think this is ok. I hope at least my post is read by some Buyers so they know what could happen to them.

I don’t think many people rely heavily on TOS, but I could be wrong.

Why do we have to agree to a cancelation?

Actually yes, I missed this part… your acceptance is voluntary. You could have declined.

Then your money is held up for I dont know how long and then you cant finish. Again you may agree to this kind of a system, but I assure you most buyers would not.

He’s now saying that he just wanted to advise buyers of this seller’s behaviour, but his whole post and the title “Seller cancelling without buyer ok” says something quite different.

I feel like if you’re going to change your story and try to make it look like I misunderstood, maybe there shouldn’t be evidence that that didn’t actually happen? 😂

Humanissocial are you just trying to disprove me or are you trying to help. I am just sharing a experince and giving my opinion. i dont think i am unreasonable.

I think it’s funny that instead of rebutting my argument you’re calling me a troll.

If you want to falsely suggest I misunderstood something and try to make look Fiverr look bad for absurd, easily refutable reasons, you shouldn’t be surprised if people reject that.

I feel like I’m talking to a 12 year old. I’m starting to wonder if maybe the buyer cancelled the order because you’re unhinged and irrational.

Think what you will.

I disagree. Her point is not to share or help but to discredit how I feel. That is the definition of a TROLL

I’m not discrediting how you feel. Every single thing I have said to you is a correction of a false claim. Every single thing.

Facts are not feelings.

If you don’t want me to correct you then don’t say things that aren’t true. Easy!

Thanks for your feedback. I respect your ideas. I feel that this issue would be supported by what side of the coin you’re on. Most Sellers would want to rate a person who agrees to a gig, waits until two days after delivery day, and then cancels. Buy as a Seller I can see why you may think this is ok. I hope at least my post is read by some Buyers so they know what could happen to them.

I don’t think many people rely heavily on TOS, but I could be wrong.

Most Sellers would want to rate a person who agrees to a gig, waits until two days after delivery day, and then cancels.

There are countless of sellers that have had horrible experiences with their buyers and cannot have their review on them posted because the buyer didn’t review the seller.

Buy as a Seller I can see why you may think this is ok.

I will appreciate not to put words on my mouth that I haven’t said.

Again, you jump too quickly into conclusions parting from false premises.

Thanks,

Upset Buyer

Shouldn’t there be a way for a Seller to cancel without the Buyer agree, that way the Buyer can leave a rating to let people know what happened?

I actually like this idea but perhaps something that isn’t a review - maybe an automatic “this order was cancelled by the buyer/seller/mutual agreement”

If a Seller cancels without you want to, why does the Buyer only get a credit? I would think they should get a refund, don’t you?

If you request a refund to payment source from support they will process it. It doesn’t happen automatically.

They could have told me sooner, they waited six days, come on, there should be repercussions.

This is true, cancelling when the order has gone two days late is not good. However, things happen in people’s lives. This is one downside to working with freelancers, if they are sick, their childminder cancels or some other (even minor) emergency comes up, then there isn’t another staff member that picks up the slack.

However, if a seller cancels often (more than 10% of orders), they will be demoted from their seller level. This is a pretty fair way to deal with it - everyone can have an off day or a problem.

Most Sellers would want to rate a person who agrees to a gig, waits until two days after delivery day, and then cancels.

There are countless of sellers that have had horrible experiences with their buyers and cannot have their review on them posted because the buyer didn’t review the seller.

Buy as a Seller I can see why you may think this is ok.

I will appreciate not to put words on my mouth that I haven’t said.

Again, you jump too quickly into conclusions parting from false premises.

And no one deserves that, especially not you. You’re one of the most rational, supportive voices here!

I’m seeing a pattern. We’re by default bad guys if we refute something he says. He’s by default a victim when we refute his claims.

Archived