Customer Support cancelled order after completion and 5-star review

judydesign

I recently had the worst experience on Fiverr. I completed an order of 90,000 words within 7 days for $500.
I started suspecting the buyer when he said I should deliver the work to his inbox and not the delivery page.
After delivery, the buyer said the work is good, gave me 5 star review. 2 days before the money should clear, he messaged me the order was full of errors, I should fix it. I asked him wherebtye errors were, he didn’t answer. I didn’t believe there were errors and still told him I would have them fixed just to make things good, before the time of giving him that, I got message that the order was cancelled by customer support.

He went ahead to cancel the order with the support of customer support, telling the customer support that there were errors in the work.
I contacted customer support , showed them screenshot evidences of the 5-star review, of the buyer saying the work is good, and him telling me to deliver my work to his inbox and not the delivery page.

Alas, the customer support were still supporting him. They have no consideration for sellers at all.

The work he gave me was to write series of stories with no specific topic. I contacted the buyer again and he said he gave it out to another freelancer, and this means he is going to get some other series of stories. I suspect he will get double work for the money.

this is very scary thing, yep its sometimes happens, i also faced that kind of issue with a buyer and it was worst experience for my rating and my gig was removed. some clever buyers do that kind of things for free work and fiverr customer support favor most time for buyers. Be aware and give your best work.

this is very scary thing, yep its sometimes happens, i also faced that kind of issue with a buyer and it was worst experience for my rating and my gig was removed. some clever buyers do that kind of things for free work and fiverr customer support favor most time for buyers. Be aware and give your best work.

It is sad to see that customer support has no protection at all for sellers.

• 1 year later...

I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you. When a buyer contacts you, but isn't clear about what they want, don't encourage them to order from you. If they are vague about the details, or can't tell you exactly what they want or what their goal is, working with them is going to be difficult. Some buyers may know what they are trying to achieve, but may not be able to explain it in the right terms. You can usually figure it out and suggest the right option for them. 

Archived