I think I'm promoting my gigs in the wrong places

albertocortes93

Hi people! 🙂 I started working on Fiverr since August 2019, and in around 3 months I got to Level One Seller, now I’m getting close to Level Two.

But honestly, no customer has ever purchased a single order from the offers I send on the “Buyers Requests” option. All of the customer I’ve had, are people who were looking for a service, found my profile and sent me a message. Which is great, don’t get me wrong.

The thing is that, I don’t know where to promote my gigs. I’m part of those “Freelancers Facebook groups”, but there are not customers there, just freelancers (although it helps with impressions and clicks).

But I can’t promote my gigs using a Facebook page or Linked/Instagram profile, because if my current employers find that out, I will be in troubles… because they don’t understand we can have a regular job and be a freelancer using our free time.

So, where and how can I promote my gigs without been seen by my employeers. How do I get more sales?

Does it exist marketing forums out there?

Hope you can help me. Thank you very much 🙂

Hi people! 🙂 I started working on Fiverr since August 2019, and in around 3 months I got to Level One Seller, now I’m getting close to Level Two.

But honestly, no customer has ever purchased a single order from the offers I send on the “Buyers Requests” option. All of the customer I’ve had, are people who were looking for a service, found my profile and sent me a message. Which is great, don’t get me wrong.

The thing is that, I don’t know where to promote my gigs. I’m part of those “Freelancers Facebook groups”, but there are not customers there, just freelancers (although it helps with impressions and clicks).

But I can’t promote my gigs using a Facebook page or Linked/Instagram profile, because if my current employers find that out, I will be in troubles… because they don’t understand we can have a regular job and be a freelancer using our free time.

So, where and how can I promote my gigs without been seen by my employeers. How do I get more sales?

no customer has ever purchased a single order from the offers I send on the “Buyers Requests” option

Check for tips on the forum about writing Buyer requests. Many people send awful responses to buyer requests without knowing.

I’m part of those “Freelancers Facebook groups”, but there are not customers there, just freelancers

I am glad you realize this.

although it helps with impressions and clicks

Impressions come from when someone searches in fiverr and you show up in search results.

Clicks come from when someone clicks on those results.

Views are click + any other time someone lands on one of your gigs.

Getting any of these from people who are not going to buy are worthless, it doesn’t help at all. Getting hundreds of views and no orders is actually probably a BAD thing.

where and how can I promote my gigs without been seen by my employeers

So far you have only looked for buyers in the places where sellers go. Find out where people who are likely to need your services are and post useful information and advice there. Don’t just spam places with your gig link - that’s not promotion and it won’t get you orders.

no customer has ever purchased a single order from the offers I send on the “Buyers Requests” option

Check for tips on the forum about writing Buyer requests. Many people send awful responses to buyer requests without knowing.

I’m part of those “Freelancers Facebook groups”, but there are not customers there, just freelancers

I am glad you realize this.

although it helps with impressions and clicks

Impressions come from when someone searches in fiverr and you show up in search results.

Clicks come from when someone clicks on those results.

Views are click + any other time someone lands on one of your gigs.

Getting any of these from people who are not going to buy are worthless, it doesn’t help at all. Getting hundreds of views and no orders is actually probably a BAD thing.

where and how can I promote my gigs without been seen by my employeers

So far you have only looked for buyers in the places where sellers go. Find out where people who are likely to need your services are and post useful information and advice there. Don’t just spam places with your gig link - that’s not promotion and it won’t get you orders.

Thanks for sharing! 🙂 That’s actually something that I’m trying to find. The only thing I can think of, are Facebook groups… and I don’t want to spend more time with Freelancers groups. But I don’t know what other places I can find people besides these Facebook groups

@eoinfinnegan is exactly right. you need to think about places where potential buyers might be hanging out.

Those Fiverr Gig Promotion groups on Facebook are complete garbage. Nobody in there is going to spend a dime and everyone is desperate to get clicks on their link.

Back to the Facebook thing…imagine you edit photos. Instead of spamming Photo Editor or Fiverr Gig Promotion groups with your link, try looking for niche photography groups and start genuinely interacting with it’s members and make it known you have editing skills (you might be surprised at some of the leads you can get this way without ever having to paste your gig link!).

Thanks for sharing! 🙂 That’s actually something that I’m trying to find. The only thing I can think of, are Facebook groups… and I don’t want to spend more time with Freelancers groups. But I don’t know what other places I can find people besides these Facebook groups

Ok, answer these for yourself, whatever type of service you offer.

1. Who are my potential clients? ie, offline businesses, online only businesses, other freelancers, bloggers, individuals, etc - figure out who is most likely to buy your services.
  2. What type of websites do these people visit?
  3. Of these websites, which ones can I contribute to positively to show my expertise?
  • also consider different Q and A sites where you can submit answers to common questions people would have about the type of thing you offer.

All of the customer I’ve had, are people who were looking for a service, found my profile and sent me a message.

Yes, that’s precisely how Fiverr should work. To get a list of people looking to hire or to advertise directly to clients, you don’t need it, or to pay 20%.

The issue is that you’re looking at it the wrong way. It isn’t about where you promote, but how.

No one gets sales by posting their gig everywhere or repeatedly. They get sales organically though their insights. Research social media lead generation. You’re trying to get business without understanding the fundamentals.

@eoinfinnegan is exactly right. you need to think about places where potential buyers might be hanging out.

Those Fiverr Gig Promotion groups on Facebook are complete garbage. Nobody in there is going to spend a dime and everyone is desperate to get clicks on their link.

Back to the Facebook thing…imagine you edit photos. Instead of spamming Photo Editor or Fiverr Gig Promotion groups with your link, try looking for niche photography groups and start genuinely interacting with it’s members and make it known you have editing skills (you might be surprised at some of the leads you can get this way without ever having to paste your gig link!).

You know, I will really try this because I want to test it and it’s something I haven’t tried… Because here’s the thing, I have always thought (example)… A lawyer providing his/her services joins a Lawyers Facebook group and starts interacting with people, I don’t know how effective that’s going to be, because he/she is going to find other Lawyers… So, his/her clients the only thing they have in common is the problem that this lawyer can fix, but are different people coming from different places… so, how do we know where is these people together… Same for graphic design, Marketing, video editing, etc.

I’m really sorry if I’m being too blind or if I’m not understanding how to do it… You know, in some cases we don’t see a solution until someone point it out. Thanks for your help

The issue is that you’re looking at it the wrong way. It isn’t about where you promote, but how.

No one gets sales by posting their gig everywhere or repeatedly. They get sales organically though their insights. Research social media lead generation. You’re trying to get business without understanding the fundamentals.

Thanks for your help 🙂 that’s why I’m here, to understand how to do it… because maybe I’m just block on how I should do it while trying to keep it low profile so my employeers can’t find out I’m working with side projects

You know, I will really try this because I want to test it and it’s something I haven’t tried… Because here’s the thing, I have always thought (example)… A lawyer providing his/her services joins a Lawyers Facebook group and starts interacting with people, I don’t know how effective that’s going to be, because he/she is going to find other Lawyers… So, his/her clients the only thing they have in common is the problem that this lawyer can fix, but are different people coming from different places… so, how do we know where is these people together… Same for graphic design, Marketing, video editing, etc.

I’m really sorry if I’m being too blind or if I’m not understanding how to do it… You know, in some cases we don’t see a solution until someone point it out. Thanks for your help

A lawyer providing his/her services joins a Lawyers Facebook group and starts interacting with people, I don’t know how effective that’s going to be

It won’t be effective at all. A lawyer needs clients. People who need lawyers don’t join lawyer Facebook groups. Those groups usually only contain other desperate newbie lawyers who don’t know how to find clients either. If you want new clients, go where the clients are.

so, how do we know where is these people together

Who are your target customers? What do they need? Where to they hang out? Go where THOSE types of people reside.

A lawyer providing his/her services joins a Lawyers Facebook group and starts interacting with people, I don’t know how effective that’s going to be

It won’t be effective at all. A lawyer needs clients. People who need lawyers don’t join lawyer Facebook groups. Those groups usually only contain other desperate newbie lawyers who don’t know how to find clients either. If you want new clients, go where the clients are.

so, how do we know where is these people together

Who are your target customers? What do they need? Where to they hang out? Go where THOSE types of people reside.

Go where THOSE types of people reside.

You are completely right, and this is what I don’t know how to find. I can create a buyer persona for my ideal buyer… and I only have an idea where I could find them, but I’m not sure and I think it’s not enough

Go where THOSE types of people reside.

You are completely right, and this is what I don’t know how to find. I can create a buyer persona for my ideal buyer… and I only have an idea where I could find them, but I’m not sure and I think it’s not enough

Once you know an understand your ideal buyer, you’ll know where they hang out, and you can go to those places and interact with them.

I posted this as a Request on the Buyer’s Request section. But I would like to post it here as well. Is there anyone here who would like to help me defined my buyer persona and help me find out where people hang out online? Please let me know so we can negotiate

Hello, I will be happy to help you brainstorm.

Archived