My gig has disappeared :"Gig description might be misleading or unclear"

carineb

Hello,
I haven’t been here for a long time. I hope everyone is safe!

After minor modifications on a gig description, my gig has disappeared from Fiverr.
When I contacted Fiverr support the first time, I got an automatic message saying, “Looks like your Gig is active but needs further review from our side to appear in search results.”
There are more than 200 positive reviews on this gig!

I sent a message to Fiverr telling them that 200 reviews should be enough …

I have just received this message:
Misleading/unclear description
We noticed that your Gig description might be misleading or unclear. For your Gig to succeed, please make sure your Gig description is written in clear language and is well-defined. If you require any information from your buyer to start working on the order, you should list it clearly in the buyer instructions/requirements area. For more information on creating your Gig, see: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/creating-your-gig-policy

Under the gig description it’s written in red: * Your Gig description needs to be revised."

I really don’t know what is the problem.
Could you help me, please?

Here is the gig description:
N°1 FRENCH NATIVE Amazon translator and copywriter on Fiverr

👉 I translate and localize your listing into proper french to rank your product on the French marketplace.

Looking for a high-quality translation?
French native living in France
+400 highly satisfied customers
Professional translator specialized on Amazon listing translation that SELLS
French Grammar Fiverr skill test
Manual translation and localization to adapt your listing to the French market

📃 This gig includes:

• 1 title
  • 5 bullet points
  • 1 product description or EBC content
    I will deliver a Word file

Optional gig-extra:
SEO keyword research
Search terms for AMZ Backend
HTML description
1-day delivery (extra cost)

I have already translated +1000 product descriptions:

• pet supplies
  • sports and outdoors
  • baby
  • automotive
  • beauty and personal care
  • electronics
  • health
  • home and kitchen
  • luggage

Boost your sales on Amazon France. Order Now!

Thank you for your help!

Hello,

After minor modifications on a gig description, my gig has disappeared from Fiverr.

When I contacted Fiverr support the first time, I got an automatic message saying, “Looks like your Gig is active but needs further review from our side to appear in search results.”

We noticed that your Gig description might be misleading or unclear. For your Gig to succeed, please make sure your Gig description is written in clear language and is well-defined. If you require any information from your buyer to start working on the order, you should list it clearly in the buyer instructions/requirements area. For more information on creating your Gig, see: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/creating-your-gig-policy

Under the gig description it’s written in red: * Your Gig description needs to be revised."

👉 I translate and localize your listing into proper french to rank your product on the French marketplace.

📃 This gig includes:

• 1 title
  • 5 bullet points

Optional gig-extra:

SEO keyword research

HTML description

• pet supplies
  • sports and outdoors
  • baby
  • automotive
  • electronics
  • health
  • home and kitchen
  • luggage

Thank you for your help!

Hello, I’m hesitant to offer suggestions because none of us know with certainty what the problem they are having with it is, the same as you.

My observations:

You have many different symbols which in my opinion aren’t needed.

You have four different sets of lists. There isn’t much actual content. There is only one real sentence.

I like your description but they may want it to be more like content, like a flowing description instead of being only lists.

This part can be removed completely (I like it but can see why fiverr might not)

• pet supplies
  • sports and outdoors
  • baby
  • automotive
  • electronics
  • health
  • home and kitchen
  • luggage

Whether I’m right or wrong who knows? I find your description very complete and detailed but they might want only one or two lists and more sentences.

Hello,

📃 This gig includes:

• 1 title
  • 5 bullet points

Optional gig-extra:

SEO keyword research

HTML description

• pet supplies
  • sports and outdoors
  • baby
  • automotive
  • electronics
  • health
  • home and kitchen
  • luggage

Thank you for your help!

It might be the above.

Hello, I’m hesitant to offer suggestions because none of us know with certainty what the problem they are having with it is, the same as you.

My observations:

You have many different symbols which in my opinion aren’t needed.

You have four different sets of lists. There isn’t much actual content. There is only one real sentence.

I like your description but they may want it to be more like content, like a flowing description instead of being only lists.

This part can be removed completely (I like it but can see why fiverr might not)

• pet supplies
  • sports and outdoors
  • baby
  • automotive
  • electronics
  • health
  • home and kitchen
  • luggage

Whether I’m right or wrong who knows? I find your description very complete and detailed but they might want only one or two lists and more sentences.

I have just received a new message from Fiverr support (after I sent then a message asking clarification about the issue):

"Hello Carine,

I’m XXXX and I’ll be assisting you today. Please edit your Gig at this point and make sure that you have clearly explain what exactly is the service you offered about and re-submit a gig to be reviewed.

Thank you for your understanding."

Not very helpful!

I have just received a new message from Fiverr support (after I sent then a message asking clarification about the issue):

"Hello Carine,

I’m XXXX and I’ll be assisting you today. Please edit your Gig at this point and make sure that you have clearly explain what exactly is the service you offered about and re-submit a gig to be reviewed.

Thank you for your understanding."

Not very helpful!

It has to be specific as far as what you are offering.

So something written like: I will translate 1000 words of English into French.

It might be the above.

I will remove “n°1”

About the different sets of lists, I have changed the text a few months ago. My previous description was full of sentences. I put lists after seeing the descriptions of several “Top Rated sellers” Amazon listing copywriters. Many of them have many lists and have only one or two sentences.

I don’t think that’s a problem.

I will remove “n°1”

About the different sets of lists, I have changed the text a few months ago. My previous description was full of sentences. I put lists after seeing the descriptions of several “Top Rated sellers” Amazon listing copywriters. Many of them have many lists and have only one or two sentences.

I don’t think that’s a problem.

Ok then put in a sentence such as I will translate your Amazon listing into French, or something like that. I see you already have that. I’m at a loss then about what they want.

It might be the above.

181799_2.png lloydsolutions:

It might be the above.

Hi @carineb, long time no see you!

I agree with @lloydsolutions this might be the issue (I’m not sure if for the same reason, though).

Although it’s a translation gig, you’re selling yourself as a translator and as a copywriter.

It has to be specific as far as what you are offering.

Good idea! But I don’t think that it’s the reason why they ask me to change the description.

I have 3 different Packages: 300 / 450 / 600 words.

I have just checked 10 gig descriptions (European Amazon listing translators). Only one of them has written this detail in his description. Other translators have only written the detail in the package description.

words.png.9149b713d2d5e47e3d80734d4fc4b429.png

Good idea! But I don’t think that it’s the reason why they ask me to change the description.

I have 3 different Packages: 300 / 450 / 600 words.

I have just checked 10 gig descriptions (European Amazon listing translators). Only one of them has written this detail in his description. Other translators have only written the detail in the package description.

words

Fiverr doesn’t have rules that apply to everyone as I found out. I have a gig where they made me put in language that no other gigs have.

So you can’t judge by what other gigs have. What they are allowed may be very different from what you are allowed. Not fair but that’s how it is.

Fiverr doesn’t have rules that apply to everyone as I found out. I have a gig where they made me put in language that no other gigs have.

So you can’t judge by what other gigs have. What they are allowed may be very different from what you are allowed. Not fair but that’s how it is.

You are right!

I will edit the gig description and cross the fingers!

When I changed my description a few days ago, I got several error messages about the description (after clicking “Save”).

I noticed that my description had disappeared (there was only the 1st line left in the description field) and the character counter was: 62/1200 while my description has almost 1150 characters.

I feel like there was a technical issue.

You are right!

I will edit the gig description and cross the fingers!

When I changed my description a few days ago, I got several error messages about the description (after clicking “Save”).

I noticed that my description had disappeared (there was only the 1st line left in the description field) and the character counter was: 62/1200 while my description has almost 1150 characters.

I feel like there was a technical issue.

I have edited my gig.

I think that the request allowed me to improve the description. If I were a client, I would buy it 😆

Waiting for the approval!

Please let us know what happens, thanks.

They have rejected the modification twice! 🥴

I have 5 different gig extras. For 1 of these gig extras, the prices were not the same on my description and in the table (it’s my mistake, I decided to put the same price for all the packages, but I haven’t changed it in the table!).

I also noticed that the dropdown list for the extra-time was on “select”.

Very weird. So I changed it to “none” for all of my extra gigs.

They have just rejected my gig again despite these 2 modifications.

The message is: “Please add any extra charges as Gig Extras.”

All the extra listed on my description are also on the extra table, but the dropdown list is still on “select”, as if I had not put “None” before the modification. Looks like there is an issue.

I will remove all extra gigs to avoid a third rejection!

I have 5 different gig extras. For 1 of these gig extras, the prices were not the same on my description and in the table (it’s my mistake, I decided to put the same price for all the packages, but I haven’t changed it in the table!).

All the extra listed on my description are also on the extra table, but the dropdown list is still on “select”, as if I had not put “None” before the modification. Looks like there is an issue.

i know this is no help but you should calm down take a break for today and start fresh tomorrow. it happens lot of time that i was trying to solve a problem whole night but couldn’t, then got a sleep wake up with a calm mind when find the problem in seconds and thought to my self…this was it?

Next what you can do is that you already know see some of your competitors and get a clear idea

If you can take a screenshot of the entire gig with description and extras it would help to post that here.

i know this is no help but you should calm down take a break for today and start fresh tomorrow. it happens lot of time that i was trying to solve a problem whole night but couldn’t, then got a sleep wake up with a calm mind when find the problem in seconds and thought to my self…this was it?

Next what you can do is that you already know see some of your competitors and get a clear idea

Thank you for your support!

Don’t worry, I am really calm. I am having a break under the sun on my balcony 🌞

They tell me that there is a problem with the extra gigs. I have the solution: no extra gig (very few people buy them. So, that’s not a problem for me if I don’t show these extra gigs).

If you have your extras listed in the gig description take that out. It’s not needed to put the extras in the description. This is what they seem to be telling you.

If you have your extras listed in the gig description take that out. It’s not needed to put the extras in the description. This is what they seem to be telling you.

If you have your extras listed in the gig description take that out

That’s what I did but I think that they didn’t ask me to remove them because they said: “please ADD an extra charges…”.

Good news! They have just accepted the modification 😄

A quick check here may be helpful to you: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/creating-a-gig

Edit: Just seen that the problem is solved but will leave this here as it may be helpful to someone else who reads this topic.

Here is a screenshot of the extra gig page (before I remove all these extra gigs).

It seems that there is a problem with the “additional time” dropdown list. Even if I select “none”, I see “select” when they reject the gig and ask me to modify it.

1785083796_2-extracharges1.PNG.3efef4234c4a7bac345e7ebb81340893.PNG
2-extra charges1865×613 34.5 KB

Hello,

📃 This gig includes:

• 1 title
  • 5 bullet points

Optional gig-extra:

SEO keyword research

HTML description

• pet supplies
  • sports and outdoors
  • baby
  • automotive
  • electronics
  • health
  • home and kitchen
  • luggage

Thank you for your help!

As @lloydsolutions mentioned, This N°1 thing is the only suspicious thing I see on your description for it to be denied and that does make sense. You can’t say you’re the No 1, or you are the best. Other than that, It’s a pretty good eye catching description actually.

I think sellers can put this kind of points without any problem as long as they are not false information. Cause in my gigs, I use this kind of statement too and they are running without any problem.

I have already translated +1000 product descriptions

If you have your extras listed in the gig description take that out

That’s what I did but I think that they didn’t ask me to remove them because they said: “please ADD an extra charges…”.

Good news! They have just accepted the modification 😄

Ah great to know that .

Archived