How to to make a gig free

kevinfuchtmann

Hello everybody,
By now I didn’t got a single sale but a couple of view on my gig yesterday.
I am offering translation, and since this is such a hugh market i want to offer translations under 100 for free, to stand out of the crowed and collect some first reviews. But i don’t know how to make a gig free of charge or if it’s even possible. I would be glad about any help

You can’t. i think 5$ is the lowest you can go.

And it’s not wise to offer services for free, you can start with lower prices, if you think that it will increase your chances. But there are many buyers who don’t trust first price offers. SO its up to you.

You can’t. i think 5$ is the lowest you can go.

And it’s not wise to offer services for free, you can start with lower prices, if you think that it will increase your chances. But there are many buyers who don’t trust first price offers. SO its up to you.

I read how people said something like “The next 10 orders are for free”. That just made me wonder

I read how people said something like “The next 10 orders are for free”. That just made me wonder

They probably send the others through the inbox - but Fiverr isn’t meant for that and you won’t get a review for them. I’m not sure if it’s totally okay with the TOS either.

You cannot make a Gig free - now, you can set up a Gig for the lowest price $5 and then perhaps put in the description that for a “limited time” you will add on 100 words or whatever extra that you will translate free…but, totally free nope.

Also, even if you were to do free work through the messaging system, the recipient cannot give you a review. They have to actually order and pay for a service in order to review that service.

It is best to not lower yourself to scraping the bottom of the barrel working for pennies as it does not encourage the right type of buyer here - you will find that you will be abused and even at times threatened to keep giving “free” stuff. Super low prices or saying you will work for free or give the next however many orders free is not a way to make your “stock value” rise here.

GG

No one grows a business by offering services for free. It’s a common myth. All it does is lead to people hustling for more free work and telling their friends and colleagues to go to you for free stuff.

The answer to your question is in the ToS. The “10… for free” thing you mentioned would just be complimentary things added onto an existing order, not a free order. And that is also a bad idea anyway.

No one grows a business by offering services for free. It’s a common myth. All it does is lead to people hustling for more free work and telling their friends and colleagues to go to you for free stuff.

The answer to your question is in the ToS. The “10… for free” thing you mentioned would just be complimentary things added onto an existing order, not a free order. And that is also a bad idea anyway.

No one grows a business by offering services for free.

On Fiverr, you’re right. In the real business world, you’re sort of right, but there would be ways of doing it.

No one grows a business by offering services for free.

On Fiverr, you’re right. In the real business world, you’re sort of right, but there would be ways of doing it.

For sure you’d have a lead generation process. And you wouldn’t be giving away the core work for free. I’m just taking about Fiverr.

I offer these words in a very friendly way… Please, please don’t try and offer services for free (you can’t anyway on Fiverr). This mindset simply devalues the skill and experience of the professional freelancers.

You will often see people quote the phrase “race to the bottom” - and that’s exactly what you will be contributing to by attempting to undercut sellers like me who have invested hundreds and hundreds of hours in building a reputation for reliability, accuracy and delivering work on time.

There is no shortcut to achieving sales. Our skills, etc have a value. Be proud of that value. As it happens, in my private life I choose to volunteer my proofreading and writing skills to a charity - but Fiverr is my way to earn a living.

I offer these words in a very friendly way… Please, please don’t try and offer services for free (you can’t anyway on Fiverr). This mindset simply devalues the skill and experience of the professional freelancers.

You will often see people quote the phrase “race to the bottom” - and that’s exactly what you will be contributing to by attempting to undercut sellers like me who have invested hundreds and hundreds of hours in building a reputation for reliability, accuracy and delivering work on time.

There is no shortcut to achieving sales. Our skills, etc have a value. Be proud of that value. As it happens, in my private life I choose to volunteer my proofreading and writing skills to a charity - but Fiverr is my way to earn a living.

I am volunteer as well. And guess what? Fiverr would be the only income i have as well. And thanks to the fact that i don’t see much help from Fiverr to grow. And due to the fact that top sellers are 100% listed first everywhere. I see little to no opportunity to get any sells

Archived