Buyer with 2 accounts

coerdelion

Some advice please.

Conversation with buyer, resulting in an offer …

Next thing, she messages through a different account saying she doesn’t see the offer.

Pointed out to her she has 2 accounts and this is against TOS … and she’s said she’ll sort that out.

No obvious orders on either account.

Thought about it for a few minutes … and then withdrew the offer. Now she’s asking why …

Give her the benefit of the doubt … or not … ?

Some advice please.

Conversation with buyer, resulting in an offer …

Next thing, she messages through a different account saying she doesn’t see the offer.

Pointed out to her she has 2 accounts and this is against TOS … and she’s said she’ll sort that out.

No obvious orders on either account.

Thought about it for a few minutes … and then withdrew the offer. Now she’s asking why …

Not. Chances are, you will end up regretting it. The only time I have had a buyer use 2 accounts and I was aware of the fact, it resulted in a chargeback.

It could be an innocent case of someone losing their password. However, one red flag usually leads to another.

I wasn’t even aware buyers weren’t allowed to have multiple accounts. I’m so used to that. And to one account being used by a “team” of 30 people. And to random people showing up in my inbox and asking for files I delivered to another user claiming to be the same user or a friend/relative of the said user.

If you sense something sketchy and can avoid that, it’s probably for the best to do so.

Just had a look through TOS and more than one buyer account is not specifically forbidden … however, since accounts can be used for buying and selling, I think, probably, err on the side of caution.

Told the buyer I can’t work with her.

I have encountered that same issue…

When they discuss the project with one account & then place the order with another and then they ask me follow the inbox communication to find the details… 😐

One person has forgotten the password so he created a new account to get some changes done on a previous design… I spent about good 1-2 hours finding the source file by his old account name with the jpeg he gave me…(just imaging when you have to go through almost 2000+ folders… ) 😱

I have had about 10- 12 such buyers but never had a problem…

Archived