READ, People! Be original!

helenabester

Here’s a fine example of what I meant by power play, fresh…right out the BR section

208089451_Screenshotfrom2020-04-2216-24-52.thumb.png.8f63e850cc650bb9239a659dcc4406ac.png
Screenshot from 2020-04-22 16-24-521239×274 32.7 KB

They want someone to do quite a bit of work via Team Viewer so you can guide and they can learn themselves on how to do it. Their budget? $6

But…please “edit the words “ultimate” when contacting me, as I do not reply to people who do not read and waist time with senseless questions”

That’s what get to me, when a time waster doesn’t want to have their time wasted

Edit: You can’t make these things up

1261947636_Screenshotfrom2020-04-2216-37-34.thumb.png.dcada06a80a48f3c0fda308b187e7f34.png
Screenshot from 2020-04-22 16-37-341240×210 31.9 KB

To be considered to work for what they think will take 30 minutes and earn $5 you MUST type Wasik at the top of your proposal. But fear not cause “if this will go to done perfectly you will be hired again and again for more works”

• Like 17

Here’s a fine example of what I meant by power play, fresh…right out the BR section

They want someone to do quite a bit of work via Team Viewer so you can guide and they can learn themselves on how to do it. Their budget? $6

But…please “edit the words “ultimate” when contacting me, as I do not reply to people who do not read and waist time with senseless questions”

That’s what get to me, when a time waster doesn’t want to have their time wasted

Edit: You can’t make these things up

To be considered to work for what they think will take 30 minutes and earn $5 you MUST type Wasik at the top of your proposal. But fear not cause “if this will go to done perfectly you will be hired again and again for more works”

After going through budgets/demands like this on that other site we don’t talk about, I asked my friend who was an experienced freelancer there how he managed to find work. He told me: “Don’t worry, these are not the actual prices, these are invitations to haggle. You name your price when you apply”.

I assumed BR worked the same way. But apparently, it’s just a never-ending festival of human delusion in there. These screenshots (and many similar ones that I’ve seen posted before) are mind-boggling.

PS Magic hidden words are a big turn-off when it comes to project descriptions.

• Like 17

After going through budgets/demands like this on that other site we don’t talk about, I asked my friend who was an experienced freelancer there how he managed to find work. He told me: “Don’t worry, these are not the actual prices, these are invitations to haggle. You name your price when you apply”.

I assumed BR worked the same way. But apparently, it’s just a never-ending festival of human delusion in there. These screenshots (and many similar ones that I’ve seen posted before) are mind-boggling.

PS Magic hidden words are a big turn-off when it comes to project descriptions.

Maybe I’m too close minded when it comes to this, but: If you want to haggle, I immediately tell you to go elsewhere.

I still go to the buyer’s request section cause you can definitely find good projects there, but you do have to filter a lot of those requests.

I might just do a quarantine scrapbook of all the “great opportunities” you can’t miss there

• Like 16

I actually do create original offers. I have a template though that contains things I always say. The greeting, the conclusion and what I will offer for what price. The paragraph immediately after “Hi, I’m Joshua” is personalized every single time. I edit it to fit the request the rest will be constant stuff like, let’s talk more about this project before you place your order… Etc. I have had all 6 of my clients from buyer requests but I haven’t had much luck in the past few days.

• Like 12

Earlier today I sent an offer to a buyer request. He literally messaged me saying thanks for being the only one who actually read and submitted a real response. He accepted the offer and I did the $5 logo design for him. He then thanked me again, left a $15 tip, and gave me 5 stars. His review for me was “Finally someone with personality and a willingness to put in work” or something along those lines. It just surprises me how much it pays off to actually read and submit a valid response to these requests, especially in the logo industry with a bunch of generic answers just trying to be first.

• Like 13

Maybe I’m too close minded when it comes to this, but: If you want to haggle, I immediately tell you to go elsewhere.

I still go to the buyer’s request section cause you can definitely find good projects there, but you do have to filter a lot of those requests.

I might just do a quarantine scrapbook of all the “great opportunities” you can’t miss there

It will be funny and a great post!

• Like 11

Earlier today I sent an offer to a buyer request. He literally messaged me saying thanks for being the only one who actually read and submitted a real response. He accepted the offer and I did the $5 logo design for him. He then thanked me again, left a $15 tip, and gave me 5 stars. His review for me was “Finally someone with personality and a willingness to put in work” or something along those lines. It just surprises me how much it pays off to actually read and submit a valid response to these requests, especially in the logo industry with a bunch of generic answers just trying to be first.

I am proud of you!! Finally, someone who understands.

• Like 12

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, helenabester said:

I am a seller here on Fiverr, but I posted a buyers request yesterday to help one of my clients to get his project done.

Sellers!

29 replies to my request - and NOT one original response. I explicitly stated 2-3 things I need - NO ONE addressed that. Instead, I received paste-and-copy ‘ads’ most not even relevant to my request.

So - stop complaining, please. You’ll never get orders if you don’t READ, get personal with the buyer AND TELL him what YOU can do to get the job done.

READ the request, and don’t reply if you can’t really provide the service! You are wasting the buyer’s time and your own, for that matter.

If you are a match for the request, write a personal note (A NEW ONE EVERY TIME).

“Hi, I see you are looking for XX and XX. I believe I am the best person for the job because I can XX, YYY, and ZZZ.”

If the buyer asked you to include a keyword to see if you read his request - well, duh! Include it! Only 3 of the 29 requests I received added my keyword - a few brownie points there, I suppose.

There are many threads here on this forum about buyer requests and ‘how can I get more orders.’ Well, here’s a place to start.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. 

• Like 12

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, helenabester said:

I am a seller here on Fiverr, but I posted a buyers request yesterday to help one of my clients to get his project done.

Sellers!

29 replies to my request - and NOT one original response. I explicitly stated 2-3 things I need - NO ONE addressed that. Instead, I received paste-and-copy ‘ads’ most not even relevant to my request.

So - stop complaining, please. You’ll never get orders if you don’t READ, get personal with the buyer AND TELL him what YOU can do to get the job done.

READ the request, and don’t reply if you can’t really provide the service! You are wasting the buyer’s time and your own, for that matter.

If you are a match for the request, write a personal note (A NEW ONE EVERY TIME).

“Hi, I see you are looking for XX and XX. I believe I am the best person for the job because I can XX, YYY, and ZZZ.”

If the buyer asked you to include a keyword to see if you read his request - well, duh! Include it! Only 3 of the 29 requests I received added my keyword - a few brownie points there, I suppose.

There are many threads here on this forum about buyer requests and ‘how can I get more orders.’ Well, here’s a place to start.

Thanks for sharing with us

• Like 8