Buyer accidentally gave less review for my order

fxmaker

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it still bothers me that we can think our transaction was smooth and awesome - and as a result BLINDLY give a 5 star review to a buyer… But a buyer - is given the ability to be dishonest in their reviews ie: not answer all or even one of these correctly…

• Communication With Seller
  • Service as Described
  • Buy Again or Recommend

… and give a surprise negative or less than stellar review when you have completed the first two exactly as described. Realistically I should never have less than 5 stars in either of the first two - yet I still get them at times - even while I did the job exactly as described - and our communication had been great! . “Buy again Or Recommend” is a matter of preference, so that one can easily vary.

Reality is that if a buyer lies on a review, there are no ramifications at all. They still look like a great buyer, based on our blind review - that appears on THEIR page, not ours.

So this “honest review” system is still not truly honest by any stretch of the imagination - particularly - not as it relates to buyers giving sellers reviews. Because buyers who have unreasonable and unrealistic expectations will give 1 star in all categories, because they aren’t happy that results didn’t fit their unrealistic expectations.

Yes, it still bothers me that we can think our transaction was smooth and awesome - and as a result BLINDLY give a 5 star review to a buyer… But a buyer - is given the ability to be dishonest in their reviews ie: not answer all or even one of these correctly…

• Communication With Seller
  • Service as Described
  • Buy Again or Recommend

… and give a surprise negative or less than stellar review when you have completed the first two exactly as described. Realistically I should never have less than 5 stars in either of the first two - yet I still get them at times - even while I did the job exactly as described - and our communication had been great! . “Buy again Or Recommend” is a matter of preference, so that one can easily vary.

Reality is that if a buyer lies on a review, there are no ramifications at all. They still look like a great buyer, based on our blind review - that appears on THEIR page, not ours.

So this “honest review” system is still not truly honest by any stretch of the imagination - particularly - not as it relates to buyers giving sellers reviews. Because buyers who have unreasonable and unrealistic expectations will give 1 star in all categories, because they aren’t happy that results didn’t fit their unrealistic expectations.

because they aren’t happy that results didn’t fit their unrealistic expectations.

My only one star review was from a woman I was trying to help who kept asking me over a period of a week why her friends and work colleagues would all start avoiding her and going the other way when they saw her, after she had raged at them and attacked them verbally the day before.

I was terribly naive at that time about what kind of mental disorders are out there and said that they avoided her because she raged at them.

Boom! One star lying dishonest raging review for me. :roll_eyes: And this was after she told me how happy she was with my services and results.

I could have confirmed her assessment that they were all terrible people and avoided it, or ideally not engaged with her at all.

because they aren’t happy that results didn’t fit their unrealistic expectations.

My only one star review was from a woman I was trying to help who kept asking me over a period of a week why her friends and work colleagues would all start avoiding her and going the other way when they saw her, after she had raged at them and attacked them verbally the day before.

I was terribly naive at that time about what kind of mental disorders are out there and said that they avoided her because she raged at them.

Boom! One star lying dishonest raging review for me. :roll_eyes: And this was after she told me how happy she was with my services and results.

I could have confirmed her assessment that they were all terrible people and avoided it, or ideally not engaged with her at all.

Oh boy! … ughhhh 😂 Yes, exactly the type of thing I am talking about!

I have had a few 1 stars also - and of those was a buyer who was super upset that her advertisement for sushi socks (white socks with a sushi pattern on them) 🤐 didn’t go over great with my audience… I was a fraud, a scam and a whole lot of other unsavory adjectives upon delivery - Although I had completed the task at hand exactly as described and we had stellar communication. At that point of time, we could offer no rebuttal, either!

Oh boy! … ughhhh 😂 Yes, exactly the type of thing I am talking about!

I have had a few 1 stars also - and of those was a buyer who was super upset that her advertisement for sushi socks (white socks with a sushi pattern on them) 🤐 didn’t go over great with my audience… I was a fraud, a scam and a whole lot of other unsavory adjectives upon delivery - Although I had completed the task at hand exactly as described and we had stellar communication. At that point of time, we could offer no rebuttal, either!

her advertisement for sushi socks (white socks with a sushi pattern on them) 🤐 didn’t go over great with my audience… I was a fraud, a scam and a whole lot of other unsavory adjectives upon delivery - Although I had completed the task at hand exactly as described and we had stellar communication.

You became a scapegoat, someone to blame. Nice to hear I’m not the only one who runs into these types now and then.

I had to delete one of my gigs that was attracting them in droves.

Unfortunately this can happen however- it has for me several times.

I would never have thought I would accidentally give the wrong review but I did and I see how people can do it. It’s really bad when you experience this. If I can do it anyone can.

What I was presented with after the delivery of my order was extremely confusing. I had no idea it was even a review.

I saw a box that said something like “would you like to comment?” I mindlessly put in a comment not realizing it was the actual review. The same with the stars. I put in the wrong amount of stars without realizing it or even that it was the final review.

I feel stupid and also misled by the way the review setup is presented.

My buyer gave me a bad review and I didn’t say anything to him and after 3 days he came back and told me that he contacted CS and updated my rating. It was the kindest thing that buyer did for me.

Focus on getting great reviews instead of trying to change existing ones.

Yea, That is the fact. Will work on improving ratings from future order. Hopefully fiverr responds with a positive attitude. I even attached a snippet of buyer saying he mistakenly gave less stars.

even attached a snippet of buyer saying he mistakenly gave less stars.

Did he leave a review and immediately wrote to you to say that that’s not a review he wanted to leave?

Or did he leave a review and you asked him about that review and he admitted that it was a wrong review?

My buyer gave me a bad review and I didn’t say anything to him and after 3 days he came back and told me that he contacted CS and updated my rating. It was the kindest thing that buyer did for me.

after 3 days he came back and told me that he contacted CS and updated my rating. It was the kindest thing that buyer did for me.

He deserves a place in heaven <3

even attached a snippet of buyer saying he mistakenly gave less stars.

Did he leave a review and immediately wrote to you to say that that’s not a review he wanted to leave?

Or did he leave a review and you asked him about that review and he admitted that it was a wrong review?

After he placed the review he came and said that he didn’t knew his review will be seen on my profile page. I guess he randomly selected the stars and didn’t knew that the review will be seen on my profile. I asked him why he gave poor review even after satisfying all his revisions and he said that it was an honest mistake and didn’t knew it as he was a new buyer. That is why I raised a claim on CS. Still I didn’t get any reply from CS. But it’s alright as @socialhonor mentioned I need to work on my future orders to raise the rating that I lost.

After he placed the review he came and said that he didn’t knew his review will be seen on my profile page. I guess he randomly selected the stars and didn’t knew that the review will be seen on my profile. I asked him why he gave poor review even after satisfying all his revisions and he said that it was an honest mistake and didn’t knew it as he was a new buyer. That is why I raised a claim on CS. Still I didn’t get any reply from CS. But it’s alright as @socialhonor mentioned I need to work on my future orders to raise the rating that I lost.

In the future, just be sure that the word “review” doesn’t even come out of your mouth (or font - in this case lol) - or inquire about a buyer’s feedback - because that can generate an immediate flag on your account. 😶

In the future, just be sure that the word “review” doesn’t even come out of your mouth (or font - in this case lol) - or inquire about a buyer’s feedback - because that can generate an immediate flag on your account. 😶

From future orders onwards my mouth will be zipped​:zipper_mouth_face: and I will just do my work no matter how bad they review me. I’ll give out my best in all my orders. Thank you for guiding me through this​:grin:❤️

Yeah, He said he contacted CS for Editing his previous rating.

He said he contacted CS for Editing his previous rating.

That’s excellent. But it bears repeating that it’s still risky and the outcome (warning or no warning) appears to depend on the mood any given CS agent is in.

He said he contacted CS for Editing his previous rating.

That’s excellent. But it bears repeating that it’s still risky and the outcome (warning or no warning) appears to depend on the mood any given CS agent is in.

I didn’t ask for changing the rating. I don’t think it’ll violate ToS. Is it??

What did you exactly write.

Could you share an image of your ticket?

From what I read on the forum, sellers can get a warning even if they themselves don’t ask or mention changing the review and the buyer tries to do it on their own volition.

But since your rating was changed and you got no warning, I’m assuming you got lucky and everything’s fine.

What did you exactly write.

Could you share an image of your ticket?

I didn’t ask for anything at all. 😂

This is the message from buyer after I gave my feedback to him.

IMG_20200417_160413.thumb.png.4fc9938cd14a4087e71e1a01ccaf5740.png
IMG_20200417_1604131080×351 33.6 KB

From what I read on the forum, sellers can get a warning even if they themselves don’t ask or mention changing the review and the buyer tries to do it on their own volition.

But since your rating was changed and you got no warning, I’m assuming you got lucky and everything’s fine.

I always try to keep ToS in mind while communicating with buyers. I try my best to be professional all the time which results in getting positive reviews.

Of course not. Read the ToS. I don’t understand why people ask questions here instead of looking it up themselves. You agree to the ToS when you sign up. Maybe read them?

The reason it’s not allowed is because it’s wildly unethical and would devalue the whole purpose of reviews.

If you rating isn’t high enough, do the work to raise it. Don’t ask for people to change their rating so you can get what you want. The rating system exists for a reason.

Oops, its hard.

Leave it, move forward.

IMG_20200417_160413.thumb.png.4332787fa2daec9ad089d578d30df876.png
IMG_20200417_1604131080×351 33.6 KB

IMG_20200417_160413.thumb.png.4332787fa2daec9ad089d578d30df876.png

Oh, my bad! I mistakenly understood as being you who contacted CS. 🙈

Anyway, you were lucky not getting warned after your buyer contacting CS asking them to change the review. It usually doesn’t happen. 🙂

31ae00d0aaa51060c23f57df8c224888297da36b_2_503x163.png.d6e0f83b61376c444b821e562842651e.png

31ae00d0aaa51060c23f57df8c224888297da36b_2_690x224.png.b5252e9c5bc92d5ca308998e6f15276d.png

Yaayyy, finally I managed myself to get into violation of ToS​:sweat_smile::rofl:

Will they forgive the violation or will it remain permanently on my account?

IMG_20200417_160413

Oh, my bad! I mistakenly understood as being you who contacted CS. 🙈

Anyway, you were lucky not getting warned after your buyer contacting CS asking them to change the review. It usually doesn’t happen. 🙂

Haha,

I’m aware of ToS and I was also shocked when I received this text?

Archived