A short automated message can make a huge difference

startselect

It can be a problem to deal with customers that type words that trigger fiverr alarms yet they still send the It can be annoying to deal with customers that type words that trigger fiverr alarms yet they still send the messages. I have noticed that when this happens it seems like the message will not be delivered to me until someone at fiverr approves it. I have had sellers tell me they send me information and I’m not able to see it probably because of that.

I think fiverr would save everyone a lot of unnecessary hassles if they create a message in the order page that could be similar to this:

“Please do not send any messages containing words or information that trigger fiverr alarms. This can get your account in trouble and you will slow down the process of the transaction”

It seems like currently the buyers just see this as a warning and they still send messages containing words that trigger the alarms because they are not using them in a way that they consider to be malicious, so they still send the message. An example is when someone types “I will pay for more gigs in the future if this goes well” there is nothing malicious in that message but the system still sends the alarm.

Fiverr needs to either disable the option to send the message anyways or at least have a clear message for every single order that is placed at the site. It’s obvious that a lot of people never read the TOS.

How about we get enough people on board with this idea to see if fiverr implements it soon.

Most of the time they are using the “P” word (PayPal)… Often thinking I have received payment directly, or asking if I will use their paypal shipping address… Obviously we don’t have access to this…

There is a warning that pops up after typing the restricted word… But as madmoo stated… People don’t read.

calocedrus said: There is a warning that pops up after typing the restricted word... But as madmoo stated... People don't read.

I think, that a lot of people do read but refuse to take in/ think.

On more than one occasion, I have found that people try to work around the 'red warnings' in order to ask my mail. I have let them down on each occasion. I have reported such practices once, by clicking 'report' on a username. But I think it was a pity that when clicking 'report' there was not an actual form to report the situation at hand. The conversation I blocked at that time was in a language other than English. Fiverr may not have understood what was going on.

Archived