Motivational Tips For New Sellers in Hard Times

I disagree, phrasing is everything.

Set a high number of revisions, like 10-15. And in your description simply say that you always work to fulfill your buyer’s needs, or something like that. That way, you got a limit in case the buyer is just trying to get work for free. And if they run out of revisions, kindly offer them to purchase more.

No need to risk it. No one likes to do endless revisions or get your order canceled after so much hard work just because your gig says so.

Well I dont keep the chance of getting my order cancelled. This is because I work for them and show them my initial designs before the order is created. Once they like - we both go ahead with creating and finalizing the order. Now you may say “Why should I work for them prior to order created” right? Well for me Either I will win something or I will learn something. I take all these challenges as Experiences. So for me its fine if they dont like my designs at least I am learning something new! And this is how I am moving ahead. You may not prefer to give unlimited revisions; so do others as well. BUT for me its really fruitful and I am getting more jobs. Just because I am giving unlimited revisions; same buyers are returning to me and giving multiple orders. You can check my profile and reviews about this.

I am repeating again - these are my real-life personal tips actually helping to grow. You are free to disagree with that its your choice totally BUT for me its fruitful. Because I am a new seller and I think new sellers should not be so much calculative about giving revisions at the initial stage. Because this is the only thing you can offer uniquely to your buyers to trust yourself as a newbie. If you dont do so; others will take your opportunity leaving you behind! Thats what I think. Now the choice is yours. Thanks for your comment tho! Happy Freelancing! 🙂

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I dont keep the chance of getting my order cancelled. This is because I work for them and show them my initial designs before the order is created. Once they like - we both go ahead with creating and finalizing the order. Now you may say “Why should I work for them prior to order created” right? Well for me Either I will win something or I will learn something. I take all these challenges as Experiences. So for me its fine if they dont like my designs at least I am learning something new! And this is how I am moving ahead. You may not prefer to give unlimited revisions; so do others as well. BUT for me its really fruitful and I am getting more jobs. Just because I am giving unlimited revisions; same buyers are returning to me and giving multiple orders. You can check my profile and reviews about this.

I am repeating again - these are my real-life personal tips actually helping to grow. You are free to disagree with that its your choice totally BUT for me its fruitful. Because I am a new seller and I think new sellers should not be so much calculative about giving revisions at the initial stage. Because this is the only thing you can offer uniquely to your buyers to trust yourself as a newbie. If you dont do so; others will take your opportunity leaving you behind! Thats what I think. Now the choice is yours. Thanks for your comment tho! Happy Freelancing! 🙂

Sorry, I did not mean to annoy you, nor I wouldn’t call it calculative. I was simply stating my opinion. Also I am not talking about clients contacting you before ordering. That’s nice but you can’t force them to either.

I’ve read lots of horror stories about fiverr before joining, and after joining. Someone here was complaining about a client requesting revisions over and over again, and he had unlimited revisions set in their gig so everyone said he had to provide them. Imagine having unlimited revisions for $5 and being stuck with a client like this 😕

If it worked for you, that’s great I’d rather not have to worry about getting a nightmare client early on. I am happy to provide revisions, just not endless ones 🙂

Sorry, I did not mean to annoy you, nor I wouldn’t call it calculative. I was simply stating my opinion. Also I am not talking about clients contacting you before ordering. That’s nice but you can’t force them to either.

I’ve read lots of horror stories about fiverr before joining, and after joining. Someone here was complaining about a client requesting revisions over and over again, and he had unlimited revisions set in their gig so everyone said he had to provide them. Imagine having unlimited revisions for $5 and being stuck with a client like this 😕

If it worked for you, that’s great I’d rather not have to worry about getting a nightmare client early on. I am happy to provide revisions, just not endless ones :slight_smile:

Hey dont be sorry! I am not annoyed at all dear, did I sound rude? Lol :smiley: You know I also went through a same case which was a job for only $5 and the buyer was really not liking whatever I was doing for him. To be very honest with you; I was REALLY REALLY ANGRY AND FED UP at that time trust me! Its really not easy to bear such thing for $5 only I know 😕

It took me 3 days to complete that order can you imagine? My nights were sleepless :frowning_face:

But then I ended up with a very beautiful review from that client with 5star rating too. I just forgot all my sorrows and felt like all my hard work paid off. I regained my strength and energy. So I feel like thats how things work may be. Patience is the main key here. I may also have to face some nightmares too just the way you described lol 😃

It’s totally unpredictable when your buyer responses to your queries and offers! But you should keep trying your best in every single way. I have come across many of my friends who just get frustrated for not having a single reply even after sending 200+ requests. Let me remind you, you are not the only one who is suffering this - there are many more like you. But you need to keep our boat sailing that’s how you win!

These days its tough to compete because every day thousands of new sellers are joining Fiverr and trying to bring out the best in them. You need to make sure you differentiate yourself among them. I am giving some tips below to help achieve buyer responses.

• Read the buyer request carefully and respond accordingly; don’t just send templates.

• Due to COVID-19 maybe your buyers are not interested to respond to largely written offers; they are in hurry for work done. So be on-topic and straight to the point, no need to explain yourself in the offers - talk about the buyer’s problem and how you can give the solution.

• Refresh the “buyer request” page more often and try to send requests when you see a “zero” number of requests sent yet. Most of the sellers send requests when that job already got 50+ offers. The buyer may not go down to 50th number and chose you, right?

• If the buyer has mentioned his/her name; start the proposal by greeting with their name. This helps to catch the attention that you have read their job offer.

• You can mention shortly about the similar types of jobs that you have previously done so that the buyer regains more faith and trust in you to handover the job. But don’t fake yourself, be genuine and honest.

• Try to always give unlimited revisions and deal with them patiently, remember every order counts whether you get reviews or not. Don’t get upset if a buyer doesn’t leave a review 🙂 I have completed 5 jobs so far - but got only 3 reviews so its okay.

Hope these tips help you. Let me know if you achieve any success applying these tips. All the best! 🙂

Try to always give unlimited revisions

Currently I am in a situation that is so painful that I’ll never do this mistake again!

I sent a custom offer to a buyer, and did not limit the number of revisions. So, now he is playing a revision-revision game with me!

I won’t have mention it here if the so called revision was necessary! Almost each time he send back for a revision without any requirements or just asking to reverse a work that he made me done in previous revision. Even most of the times do not reply my messages. Though sometimes he reply a message, it was incomplete.

So, I strongly believe that we MUST limit the number of revisions in our gig and in custom offers.

Currently I am in a situation that is so painful that I’ll never do this mistake again!

I sent a custom offer to a buyer, and did not limit the number of revisions. So, now he is playing a revision-revision game with me!

I won’t have mention it here if the so called revision was necessary! Almost each time he send back for a revision without any requirements or just asking to reverse a work that he made me done in previous revision. Even most of the times do not reply my messages. Though sometimes he reply a message, it was incomplete.

So, I strongly believe that we MUST limit the number of revisions in our gig and in custom offers.

I am so sorry to hear about your experience! This is scary. Actually this “unlimited revisions” depend on the attitude and mentality of the buyers actually. We cant help to predict this at times 😦

I am so sorry to hear about your experience! This is scary. Actually this “unlimited revisions” depend on the attitude and mentality of the buyers actually. We cant help to predict this at times 😦

Unlimited revisions are always a bad choice. Always.

First of all, because that’s a lie - nothing is unlimited. Unlimited revisions means precisely that - the buyer is allowed to keep revising forever. We both know that this won’t happen - after a certain time, you’ll just cancel the order to be done with it. You won’t keep revising something for years. So it’s not unlimited.

Secondly, because it devalues your work. If you have to revise something 10 times, and each revision takes an hour, you just worked an extra 10 hours for nothing.

Thirdly, because it shows a lack of confidence. No good freelance designer / writer / programmer feels the need to revise their work 100 times. It will be good enough far before that, a couple of revisions should be enough.

Fourthly, because it attracts the worst buyers. A buyer that likes the concept of “unlimited revisions”, is a buyer that likes keep going back and forth for every minute detail or change of heart. It’s also a buyer that doesn’t value their time - I want my sellers to deliver something I can use in one or two revisions. If I have to revise it twenty times, I’m wasting my time. I would never buy anything from someone offering unlimited revisions.

Unlimited revisions are always a bad choice. Always.

First of all, because that’s a lie - nothing is unlimited. Unlimited revisions means precisely that - the buyer is allowed to keep revising forever. We both know that this won’t happen - after a certain time, you’ll just cancel the order to be done with it. You won’t keep revising something for years. So it’s not unlimited.

Secondly, because it devalues your work. If you have to revise something 10 times, and each revision takes an hour, you just worked an extra 10 hours for nothing.

Thirdly, because it shows a lack of confidence. No good freelance designer / writer / programmer feels the need to revise their work 100 times. It will be good enough far before that, a couple of revisions should be enough.

Fourthly, because it attracts the worst buyers. A buyer that likes the concept of “unlimited revisions”, is a buyer that likes keep going back and forth for every minute detail or change of heart. It’s also a buyer that doesn’t value their time - I want my sellers to deliver something I can use in one or two revisions. If I have to revise it twenty times, I’m wasting my time. I would never buy anything from someone offering unlimited revisions.

Thanks for your comment, logically you are totally right I dont deny on that. But this is my perception at least to gain some experience in the work field and its really hard to get first order in Fiverr without offering unlimited revisions as a newbie. So basically this is my suggestions for the new sellers here and not for the ones who are already top-rated. I am a new seller; it worked for me so I shared. 🙂

Thanks for your comment, logically you are totally right I dont deny on that. But this is my perception at least to gain some experience in the work field and its really hard to get first order in Fiverr without offering unlimited revisions as a newbie. So basically this is my suggestions for the new sellers here and not for the ones who are already top-rated. I am a new seller; it worked for me so I shared. 🙂

Since I created my Fiverr account, I never offered more than 2-3 revisions. I still got orders, even with 0 reviews, new profile, etc.

Getting orders when you’re new is always difficult, it’s a waiting game. You set up good gigs, and wait. Offering more revisions does not, in any way, increase the number of orders you get. Serious buyers don’t care. It can increase the number of bad buyers that are trying to take advantage, though. It’s always a bad idea.

Since I created my Fiverr account, I never offered more than 2-3 revisions. I still got orders, even with 0 reviews, new profile, etc.

Getting orders when you’re new is always difficult, it’s a waiting game. You set up good gigs, and wait. Offering more revisions does not, in any way, increase the number of orders you get. Serious buyers don’t care. It can increase the number of bad buyers that are trying to take advantage, though. It’s always a bad idea.

Your account is 2 years old; so comparatively it was much easier for you to get jobs in the marketplace that time. But if you compare now - the scenario is not same at all in this 2020 competitive world…

Your account is 2 years old; so comparatively it was much easier for you to get jobs in the marketplace that time. But if you compare now - the scenario is not same at all in this 2020 competitive world…

That’s not an excuse. If my account was from 2012, then sure. The marketplace was as competitive in 2018 as it is now. Fiverr didn’t change much in these past two years. Levels were the same, Pro was already a thing, same rules, etc. Do you really think 2018 was far less competitive? It wasn’t. When I started, there were already a lot of top rated sellers in my field, people with over 1k reviews, etc.

2 years is nothing, it’s pretty much a new account. Accounts with 6, 8 years? Those started when there was little competition.

That’s not an excuse. If my account was from 2012, then sure. The marketplace was as competitive in 2018 as it is now. Fiverr didn’t change much in these past two years. Levels were the same, Pro was already a thing, same rules, etc. Do you really think 2018 was far less competitive? It wasn’t. When I started, there were already a lot of top rated sellers in my field, people with over 1k reviews, etc.

2 years is nothing, it’s pretty much a new account. Accounts with 6, 8 years? Those started when there was little competition.

So you mean to say Fiverr is not changing its algorithm in the past 2 years??? Okay!

So you mean to say Fiverr is not changing its algorithm in the past 2 years??? Okay!

No, I did not say that. But you can’t say that either, nobody knows.

In any case, whatever changes they made, I highly doubt they changed the algorithm to show gigs with unlimited revisions on search first. That is simply not the case.

• 2 weeks later...

You are unlucky for getting the worst buyer. But you need to ensure the quality of work and try to understand him. I don’t prefer unlimited revision. just up to 5-10 revisions are enough to satisfy the professional buyer. otherwise, you will get bad experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s totally unpredictable when your buyer responses to your queries and offers! But you should keep trying your best in every single way. I have come across many of my friends who just get frustrated for not having a single reply even after sending 200+ requests. Let me remind you, you are not the only one who is suffering this - there are many more like you. But you need to keep our boat sailing that’s how you win!

These days its tough to compete because every day thousands of new sellers are joining Fiverr and trying to bring out the best in them. You need to make sure you differentiate yourself among them. I am giving some tips below to help achieve buyer responses.

• Read the buyer request carefully and respond accordingly; don’t just send templates.

• Due to COVID-19 maybe your buyers are not interested to respond to largely written offers; they are in hurry for work done. So be on-topic and straight to the point, no need to explain yourself in the offers - talk about the buyer’s problem and how you can give the solution.

• Refresh the “buyer request” page more often and try to send requests when you see a “zero” number of requests sent yet. Most of the sellers send requests when that job already got 50+ offers. The buyer may not go down to 50th number and chose you, right?

• If the buyer has mentioned his/her name; start the proposal by greeting with their name. This helps to catch the attention that you have read their job offer.

• You can mention shortly about the similar types of jobs that you have previously done so that the buyer regains more faith and trust in you to handover the job. But don’t fake yourself, be genuine and honest.

• Try to always give unlimited revisions and deal with them patiently, remember every order counts whether you get reviews or not. Don’t get upset if a buyer doesn’t leave a review 🙂 I have completed 5 jobs so far - but got only 3 reviews so its okay.

Hope these tips help you. Let me know if you achieve any success applying these tips. All the best! 🙂

give unlimited revision

Well, I decided to put myself in Buyer´s role and give a try for unlimited revisions with Seller offering professional background removal.

Recently I placed order for 40 images.

Result is misery, better said catastrophy. I have asked for revision 3 times and still did not get promised professional result. Me as a Buyer has no time to make unlimited revision requests. It is quite opposite experience.

My experience as Buyer is that I would rather place an order with reasonably limited revisions because I doubt the Seller with unlimited revisions is able to bring quality on time.

Enjoy one sample from delivery.

image.jpg.e6dbde2fadc3e9b958bc665cec8cfb8c.jpg
image750×600 79.5 KB

well thanks for the helpful information.i m a new seller. i am getting buyer request. but i didn’t get any order.i saw that so many seller sending offer at a time, seller approx. 20 to 30 in a second & after few minute it will be 50+ .so how can i get a job? will you advice me.

thank you.

well thanks for the helpful information.i m a new seller. i am getting buyer request. but i didn’t get any order.i saw that so many seller sending offer at a time, seller approx. 20 to 30 in a second & after few minute it will be 50+ .so how can i get a job? will you advice me.

thank you.

Hi, what you said is common and just like you, everyone needs jobs. This is the reason everyone sends requests. But this should not demotivate you. You should always read the requests properly and respond accordingly detailing the buyer that yes you have actually read their job posts and how can you best help them. Most of the time the numbers that you see are just templates send to buyers and which are not relevant. So when you send proper buyer requests, you have the higher chance to win that job. But yes that doesnt mean you should take that long to send a single request. Try to type faster but relevant requests and send everyday. Send 10 requests everyday dont miss any. And also try be online as long as possible in the whole day because buyers have the option to filter and search for only “online sellers” so you being online most of the time increases the chance for you to win a job. All the best! 🙂

Thanks Sabinasattar for your great advice. I will just add a little to that. Every new seller or beginner freelancer faces alot of discouraging moments. It could be inability to get orders, lack of traffic, no reviews, no earnings and worst of it, depression and discouragement. Almost every seller who has earned a dollar or more on fiverr passed through these bumps on the road to success. A wise man said, hard times never last but hard people do.
I joined fiverr around 2018, but it took me more than a year to even under the fiverr platform. It really sucked those years when I didn’t have one completed job or review. But one thing kept me going. It was my passion to add value and help others solve their problem. It wasn’t just money that kept me here. The hunger to help others with my skills and expertise encouraged me to stay and wait till I get my first order no matter how long it takes. While I was waiting for my first order to come, I upgraded my knowledge, sharpened my skills, and explored the world of possibilities towards scoring a 5-star job on fiverr. Eventually my patience and hard work paid off. I got my first order, completed the job and got a 5-star review in return. Winners never quit and quitters never win. If you are having a hard time getting orders or good reviews, please don’t give up. Don’t pack your bag yet. Prove to yourself that you can make it by staying until you win. In the mean time, get more knowledge relevant to your business. Improve your skills. Increase your visibility on fiverr through active participation in the fiverr forum. Share your gigs on your social networks. Sell yourself in your profile and use professional looking pictures. Don’t forget to pray. For by strength shall no one prevail. Stay safe you are next in line for a breakthrough. God bless you.

Thanks Sabinasattar for your great advice. I will just add a little to that. Every new seller or beginner freelancer faces alot of discouraging moments. It could be inability to get orders, lack of traffic, no reviews, no earnings and worst of it, depression and discouragement. Almost every seller who has earned a dollar or more on fiverr passed through these bumps on the road to success. A wise man said, hard times never last but hard people do.

I joined fiverr around 2018, but it took me more than a year to even under the fiverr platform. It really sucked those years when I didn’t have one completed job or review. But one thing kept me going. It was my passion to add value and help others solve their problem. It wasn’t just money that kept me here. The hunger to help others with my skills and expertise encouraged me to stay and wait till I get my first order no matter how long it takes. While I was waiting for my first order to come, I upgraded my knowledge, sharpened my skills, and explored the world of possibilities towards scoring a 5-star job on fiverr. Eventually my patience and hard work paid off. I got my first order, completed the job and got a 5-star review in return. Winners never quit and quitters never win. If you are having a hard time getting orders or good reviews, please don’t give up. Don’t pack your bag yet. Prove to yourself that you can make it by staying until you win. In the mean time, get more knowledge relevant to your business. Improve your skills. Increase your visibility on fiverr through active participation in the fiverr forum. Share your gigs on your social networks. Sell yourself in your profile and use professional looking pictures. Don’t forget to pray. For by strength shall no one prevail. Stay safe you are next in line for a breakthrough. God bless you.

Wow! Very well said. Thank you so much. All the best to you too! 🙂

Yes! You know I just delivered a work a day ago. I really gave a lot of revisions to the buyer and it was really painful at times but it was worth it cause after submitting my work he gave a very nice review with 5 star; so sometimes it really works 🙂

Mam can please guide me that how to name the packages… Do we need to name the three packages( basic, standard and premium) differently or can we give them all the same name?

Mam can please guide me that how to name the packages… Do we need to name the three packages( basic, standard and premium) differently or can we give them all the same name?

Hello, its up to you how attractive names you want to give. You can also keep them as basic, standard and premium as well. No issue on that 🙂

You are most welcome 🙂

i see your kind and thoughtful replies here so i hope that it isnt rude of me to ask you for advice.

i know lots of things and have lots of skills but feel paralysed by too many possible options.

i also feel that anything that is computer related, in this modern day, have thousands of people able to sell services in that area. for example software programming or even 3d modelling. i dont think im the best at any things.

i see that new people struggle here, even if they do have a great idea, for something they can focus on - doesn’t mean they will succeed.

i guess im having problems with knowing how and where to focus my attention and it helped me a little to write this comment.

i think i am asking for advice about finding something to be passionate about, that will be worth something to someone, and finding the energy to work hard.

thank you for listening 🙂

i see your kind and thoughtful replies here so i hope that it isnt rude of me to ask you for advice.

i know lots of things and have lots of skills but feel paralysed by too many possible options.

i also feel that anything that is computer related, in this modern day, have thousands of people able to sell services in that area. for example software programming or even 3d modelling. i dont think im the best at any things.

i see that new people struggle here, even if they do have a great idea, for something they can focus on - doesn’t mean they will succeed.

i guess im having problems with knowing how and where to focus my attention and it helped me a little to write this comment.

i think i am asking for advice about finding something to be passionate about, that will be worth something to someone, and finding the energy to work hard.

thank you for listening 🙂 Remember its okay to fall, everybody does! Get up and try again and again and again. Its just a matter of time and your true dedication, nothing else. All the best!

Hi there, thank you for your comment. Well yes we all are born with some talent which we must need to find out. I really believe all of us have something God-Gifted in us for sure! Its up to you how you figure that out. Try finding that first. Figure out what you are good at or at least figure out what interests you the most. Once you realize start developing that. Dont ever shy to learn from anyone; thats how you grow. try developing your skills there are MANY ways to do so. Watch youtube videos, search for other inline sources, do short courses and then go for it. Try to face and overcome ur weakness; not run from them. Its not necessary u will achieve success at the very beginning of anything that u start. Be prepared for the failure for numerous times and learn to stand up right away after you fall. The day u can develop that strong will-power in you is the day u will realize you are no more that person who was afraid of doing or trying something 🙂 Remember its okay to fall, everybody does! Get up and try again and again and again. Its just a matter of time and your true dedication, nothing else. All the best!

that was super nice, I think i needed to hear thank you. offers virtual hug

i feel like you commented on things i didn’t entirely say but somehow you knew and that was perfect for me, thank you!

im very grateful and believe you are a good person. best wishes.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite frankly, I think new sellers rely on the buyer’s request section way too much. If all you do all day is looking for requests you could answer, you’re wasting your time.

Just have a look at some of these requests. About 70 % offer way too little money for a way too short deadline and even then, the buyers are still most likely going with the cheapest seller they can find among the hundreds of responses they receive. It’s like throwing a bone into a cage full of starving dogs.

I personally have completed 520 orders in all my time on fiverr and only 2 (!) of them came from buyer’s requests back in the day when I just started out and thought it was a good idea to sell my soul to the buyer’s request section.

Don’t do it. It’s not sustainable. It’s not going to make you rich. If anything, you’re going to end up burning out.
Rather, look at your gigs and how you can improve them, look at the gigs of your competition and compare them, correct spelling errors. Do the tests fiverr offers for your categories. Diversify by looking at other niches and plattforms.

Don’t put your hopes into the buyer requests.

Quite frankly, I think new sellers rely on the buyer’s request section way too much. If all you do all day is looking for requests you could answer, you’re wasting your time.

Just have a look at some of these requests. About 70 % offer way too little money for a way too short deadline and even then, the buyers are still most likely going with the cheapest seller they can find among the hundreds of responses they receive. It’s like throwing a bone into a cage full of starving dogs.

I personally have completed 520 orders in all my time on fiverr and only 2 (!) of them came from buyer’s requests back in the day when I just started out and thought it was a good idea to sell my soul to the buyer’s request section.

Don’t do it. It’s not sustainable. It’s not going to make you rich. If anything, you’re going to end up burning out.

Rather, look at your gigs and how you can improve them, look at the gigs of your competition and compare them, correct spelling errors. Do the tests fiverr offers for your categories. Diversify by looking at other niches and plattforms.

Don’t put your hopes into the buyer requests.

Very well said and detailed explained. Its very true these days buyers are taking services for granted. This is ONLY because we sellers are offering our hard work at a very low rate just to win an order. I think this way they are devaluing their level of services for the long term 😦 I am facing such issues these days too. SIGH!

Archived