Motivational Tips For New Sellers in Hard Times

• 2 weeks later...

Quite frankly, I think new sellers rely on the buyer’s request section way too much. If all you do all day is looking for requests you could answer, you’re wasting your time.

Just have a look at some of these requests. About 70 % offer way too little money for a way too short deadline and even then, the buyers are still most likely going with the cheapest seller they can find among the hundreds of responses they receive. It’s like throwing a bone into a cage full of starving dogs.

I personally have completed 520 orders in all my time on fiverr and only 2 (!) of them came from buyer’s requests back in the day when I just started out and thought it was a good idea to sell my soul to the buyer’s request section.

Don’t do it. It’s not sustainable. It’s not going to make you rich. If anything, you’re going to end up burning out.
Rather, look at your gigs and how you can improve them, look at the gigs of your competition and compare them, correct spelling errors. Do the tests fiverr offers for your categories. Diversify by looking at other niches and plattforms.

Don’t put your hopes into the buyer requests.

• Like 22

Quite frankly, I think new sellers rely on the buyer’s request section way too much. If all you do all day is looking for requests you could answer, you’re wasting your time.

Just have a look at some of these requests. About 70 % offer way too little money for a way too short deadline and even then, the buyers are still most likely going with the cheapest seller they can find among the hundreds of responses they receive. It’s like throwing a bone into a cage full of starving dogs.

I personally have completed 520 orders in all my time on fiverr and only 2 (!) of them came from buyer’s requests back in the day when I just started out and thought it was a good idea to sell my soul to the buyer’s request section.

Don’t do it. It’s not sustainable. It’s not going to make you rich. If anything, you’re going to end up burning out.

Rather, look at your gigs and how you can improve them, look at the gigs of your competition and compare them, correct spelling errors. Do the tests fiverr offers for your categories. Diversify by looking at other niches and plattforms.

i agree 🙂

• Like 13

I have got your points. But I have a question and that is, If we take 2 mins minimum to read and write the description then it seems that 30-50 people already sent the request. so, will the buyer read my description on that lower position?

• Like 15

Very well said and detailed explained. Its very true these days buyers are taking services for granted. This is ONLY because we sellers are offering our hard work at a very low rate just to win an order. I think this way they are devaluing their level of services for the long term 😦 I am facing such issues these days too. SIGH!

• Like 9
  • Up 1

I have got your points. But I have a question and that is, If we take 2 mins minimum to read and write the description then it seems that 30-50 people already sent the request. so, will the buyer read my description on that lower position?

Most people just send irrelevant offers without even properly reading the buyer requests. So dont worry about the numbers always; focus on the quality

• Like 9
  • Up 2

Very well said and detailed explained. Its very true these days buyers are taking services for granted. This is ONLY because we sellers are offering our hard work at a very low rate just to win an order. I think this way they are devaluing their level of services for the long term 😦 I am facing such issues these days too. SIGH!

Thank you!

Not just devaluing their own services but the services offered in an entire niche. This kind of discount-thinking is what can really ruin the prices on this platform because buyers just think “Well it’s cheap in the BR section, why would I hire this seller for much more?” and then nobody really gets orders because of the quality they deliver anymore but because they work days for a 5 dollar order.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thank you!

Not just devaluing their own services but the services offered in an entire niche. This kind of discount-thinking is what can really ruin the prices on this platform because buyers just think “Well it’s cheap in the BR section, why would I hire this seller for much more?” and then nobody really gets orders because of the quality they deliver anymore but because they work days for a 5 dollar order.

I strongly agree with you! In-fact I can feel and really relate this with me too! 😑

• Like 9
  • Up 1

I am a new seller, I joined fiverr a month ago but i got all of my 5 orders direct,

not even one from buyer requests.

• Like 12