Making it Work - Community Video

mjensen415

I like my freelancing career.

Yes. I’ve been trying to get my older relatives into it for years. They are people who have legitimate skills to sell and free time. But it’s hard to even make them try and envision this kind of path because there are no examples for them to see and be inspired.

Freelancers don’t usually get past 40.

Fingers crossed. Covid19 aside, the forest around the Chernobyl nuclear powerplant is currently on fire. It’s less than 100 km from my house. 🙂

I’m extremely old (externally as you’d see if you squint at my gig icon). However, I’ve worked in IT since I was at school so Fiverr was never a massive shift for me. I signed up a decade ago and have really been working on it “properly” for the last 2-3 years.

• Like 7

When I explain what I do and mentioned Fiverr, each of them at least knew of Fiverr.

Great. Go outside and play a ukulele to onboard the soon to be 30% unemployed masses why don’t you. It’s not like we are lacking competitors… :roll_eyes:

You are not supposed to tell people about Fiverr, Eoin. You are supposed to tell people that you work in sales and leave things at that. - Unless its buyers, naturally.

😁… I totally share your sentiments. Leave our customers as customers, and quit converting them to Fiverr sellers. 😊

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...