Making it Work - Community Video

mjensen415

However, I am curious to know why there are never any freelancers above the age of 40 on your video advertisements?

Yes, good question. I’m 36 and I’m getting nervous.

I am 69, and I know that many of the sellers that come to the Forum look to be over 40, but I would say that most of the sellers in the marketing videos and even on th Fiverr homepage look to be 30 or less.

Freelancers don’t usually get past 40. They get ground up and fed to the new generations of sellers.

I like my freelancing career. It was the teaching career that I had before that “ground (me) up.” 😉

I am 69, and I know that many of the sellers that come to the Forum look to be over 40, but I would say that most of the sellers in the marketing videos and even on th Fiverr homepage look to be 30 or less.

Freelancers don’t usually get past 40. They get ground up and fed to the new generations of sellers.

I like my freelancing career. It was the teaching career that I had before that “ground (me) up.” 😉

I like my freelancing career.

Yes. I’ve been trying to get my older relatives into it for years. They are people who have legitimate skills to sell and free time. But it’s hard to even make them try and envision this kind of path because there are no examples for them to see and be inspired.

Freelancers don’t usually get past 40.

Fingers crossed. Covid19 aside, the forest around the Chernobyl nuclear powerplant is currently on fire. It’s less than 100 km from my house. 🙂

Yes. I’ve been trying to get my older relatives into it for years. They are people who have legitimate skills to sell and free time. But it’s hard to even make them try and envision this kind of path because there are no examples for them to see and be inspired.

Fingers crossed. Covid19 aside, the forest around the Chernobyl nuclear powerplant is currently on fire. It’s less than 100 km from my house. 🙂

Oh my, that is not good. 😮

That aside, there’s nothing to stop you both from filming a few minutes of your own day and posting it here.

I’d actually love to have a post with everyone posting their home office pictures, no Photoshop allowed, no presence in the photo required, pets in the photos encouraged.

What is stopping me is that my space needs to be decluttered. When I do that, I will post a picture of my workspace. But as for myself, I want some photoshop done. Come to think of it, maybe all of the 30 and under photos in the video are really older people who have been photoshopped? :thinking:

the forest around the Chernobyl nuclear powerplant is currently on fire. It’s less than 100 km from my house.

That’s horrifying. And I thought my plumbing problems were bad. 🚽

I can’t relate. I don’t wake up early in the morning unless I have work, I don’t drink coffee, don’t cook pancakes, don’t have a dog,

All these people also have immaculately clean homes and wake up in the morning looking like magical beauty faries visited them while sleeping to groom them.

We need a more hardcore Vice-like video showing the more unpolished side of freelancing.

It could start with real daily chores like smelling clothes from the laundry pile to see what is safe to wear, before slurping milk from the carton in front of an open fridge stocked full of ramen noodle leftovers.

My morning is usually more like this:

Naturally, when I say morning, I also mean anytime between 3pm and 11pm. 😉

All these people also have immaculately clean homes and wake up in the morning looking like magical beauty faries visited them while sleeping to groom them.

Right, like the infamous stock photography about happy women eating salad. Those tomatoes must taste like Nutella.

Your End Of Days morning wasn’t too dramatic for me. Sometimes I scream before I get out of bed, it helps me wake up. Other times I’m just disappointed at having to wake up. I guess I’m not one of those “seize the day” people or maybe I have sleep apnea, one of the other.

Right, like the infamous stock photography about happy women eating salad. Those tomatoes must taste like Nutella.

Your End Of Days morning wasn’t too dramatic for me. Sometimes I scream before I get out of bed, it helps me wake up. Other times I’m just disappointed at having to wake up. I guess I’m not one of those “seize the day” people or maybe I have sleep apnea, one of the other.

Other times I’m just disappointed at having to wake up. I guess I’m not one of those “seize the day” people or maybe I have sleep apnea, one of the other.

Damn @fastcopywriter, I really don’t like to hear that. I am definitely not a seize the day person either. However, it has been a while since I would say that I am disappointed to wake up. I get you, though, as I have been there.

Feel free to PM me if ever you want to whine, moan, or rant about the world. I have a lot of respect for you and don’t like the idea of you being down.

All that said, I can safely say that the only reason I wake up each day is for my dog. If I didn’t have him, I’d probably have wandered back off into the woods already. There is a reason they are called man’s best friend. Maybe something to think about?

maybe I have sleep apnea

Chances are that if you snore you do have it. That is what I heard. It’s pretty common.

I can’t relate. I don’t wake up early in the morning unless I have work, I don’t drink coffee, don’t cook pancakes, don’t have a dog,

We need a more hardcore Vice-like video showing the more unpolished side of freelancing.

It could start with real daily chores like smelling clothes from the laundry pile to see what is safe to wear, before slurping milk from the carton in front of an open fridge stocked full of ramen noodle leftovers.

Leftovers for breakfast is a delicacy for me; especially when there’s no coffee or anything else.

Interesting video. Everyone has a stronger sense of organization than I do. There’s a stockpile next to my bed being held up by a small plastic storage bin. I’m on the couch with a tablemate and surrounded by drawing supplies, a calendar, fabric, yarn and whatever else that came out of the woodwork.

I don’t get up too early and my breakfast usually consists of just coffee or coffee and cookies (like Kebler and Dutch Maid). Under 30 looking could be a potential compliment. I mean when I was 25 I got ID’d in Game Stop because the staff thought I was 14 while the 14 year old next to me looked like he was in his 20s; his mom was with him so that was a hint that he wasn’t. In my 30s now and still get ID’d; constantly.

This is so true @cyaxrex I wake up every morning to send buyers request and sit around just thinking of what to eat for breakfast before finally settling for Garri While waiting for an order which may never come, hasn’t come for 3 days.

Amazing Video. Great Concept. Loved the idea. #makingitwork
This video goes on to show that Fiverr community is not only talented, hard-working and committed but also quite lucky to have such a platform for making it work in times of a global economic, societal and health crisis.

I’m extremely old (externally as you’d see if you squint at my gig icon). However, I’ve worked in IT since I was at school so Fiverr was never a massive shift for me. I signed up a decade ago and have really been working on it “properly” for the last 2-3 years.

When I explain what I do and mentioned Fiverr, each of them at least knew of Fiverr.

Great. Go outside and play a ukulele to onboard the soon to be 30% unemployed masses why don’t you. It’s not like we are lacking competitors… :roll_eyes:

You are not supposed to tell people about Fiverr, Eoin. You are supposed to tell people that you work in sales and leave things at that. - Unless its buyers, naturally.

😁… I totally share your sentiments. Leave our customers as customers, and quit converting them to Fiverr sellers. 😊

• 1 month later...

Archived