I Edited My Gig & Now It's Gone

ssj1236

The EXACT same thing has just happened to me. Had my gig for a year, 600+ reviews on it, and it no longer appears in search. CS are of no help. Hopefully it will rebound sometime soon and fix itself, luckily I have enough work now to cover for a while.

Update to my previous post: I updated everything again (including removing a few images, but not sure if that had anything to do with it) and it immediately shot back up to normal impressions & is visible in the search again.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update to my previous post: I updated everything again (including removing a few images, but not sure if that had anything to do with it) and it immediately shot back up to normal impressions & is visible in the search again.

Well I haven’t been lucky enough. I’m still hoping though.

I updated everything again (including removing a few images

I would love to see the images you removed.

I see just one gig but you had others which are not showing now. I tried to see the cache of your gig so I could try to see the images you had before and saw a lot of other gigs. Did you pause the others you had at the same time you edited your gig recently?

I’m always curious to see if I can figure out what is good or not according to the algorithm.

I see your gig on the top row in your category. Nice!

Maybe it depends on the seller rating, rank or sales. No one knows for sure.

For me, I edit anything in my best seller gig, including images, and my gig stays where it is.

Maybe it depends on the seller rating, rank or sales. No one knows for sure.

For me, I edit anything in my best seller gig, including images, and my gig stays where it is.

Well, you are a top rated seller so that might play a part in it.

I updated everything again (including removing a few images

I would love to see the images you removed.

I see just one gig but you had others which are not showing now. I tried to see the cache of your gig so I could try to see the images you had before and saw a lot of other gigs. Did you pause the others you had at the same time you edited your gig recently?

I’m always curious to see if I can figure out what is good or not according to the algorithm.

I see your gig on the top row in your category. Nice!

All the other gigs I had I paused months ago, so I don’t think they have anything to do with it. The other two images were of a similar style, one of which showing a list of the different genres I write descriptions in, and the other showcasing a few testimonials (from my own profile. I wondered if there was some kind of unspoken rule against that, because I’d never seen anyone else do it).

I have a gig that people love. It’s always been here, for seven + years. It’s on the fourth page. I changed the image. It moved up a couple of lines, which might be where only I see it. I only have four gigs right now so at least the others are doing ok so I shouldn’t be complaining. But it’s frustrating nevertheless. Impressions for that gig are not good.

Also happened to me. My gig averaged 300 impressions a day, 2 days ago I edited 6 words from my description and yesterday I had 100 impressions, today, only 7.

I’ve looked through 10 pages and couldn’t find my gig.

Really hoping it gets back up.

But it’s really annoying how changing 6 words on a description can literally kill your gig.

Also happened to me. My gig averaged 300 impressions a day, 2 days ago I edited 6 words from my description and yesterday I had 100 impressions, today, only 7.

I’ve looked through 10 pages and couldn’t find my gig.

Really hoping it gets back up.

But it’s really annoying how changing 6 words on a description can literally kill your gig.

I’ve had that happen but it was temporary. I added a sentence and then the sales stopped for a couple of weeks.

How are things man, still the same? Did it come back in search?

Thanks for asking but it’s still dead. Even when I click “Show Online” I’m on the very last page of search. I haven’t had a new order or even a message in the last 4 days. It feels absolutely awful.

I’ve had that happen but it was temporary. I added a sentence and then the sales stopped for a couple of weeks.

If you don’t mind me asking, did your impressions and views tank as well? And for how long roughly?

Thanks for asking but it’s still dead. Even when I click “Show Online” I’m on the very last page of search. I haven’t had a new order or even a message in the last 4 days. It feels absolutely awful.

If you don’t mind me asking, did your impressions and views tank as well? And for how long roughly?

I never look at those stats so I don’t know but I assume they did, otherwise I would have continued getting sales. There was a lull of a few days or a week, then it slowly trickled back to life gradually, not as much as before though but enough.

If any gig is getting steady sales it’s best to leave it completely alone.

I asked about your picture because I’ve found that can have a surprising effect, if it is “liked” by fiverr or not. At least on mine.

Why fiverr likes some of the pictures I see on the first page, or some of those gigs however is a complete mystery.

Cheap gigs with what must be lots of cancellations because for years they remain at zero level have stayed firmly on the first page for years. It’s a real head scratcher. 😕

I never look at those stats so I don’t know but I assume they did, otherwise I would have continued getting sales. There was a lull of a few days or a week, then it slowly trickled back to life gradually, not as much as before though but enough.

If any gig is getting steady sales it’s best to leave it completely alone.

I asked about your picture because I’ve found that can have a surprising effect, if it is “liked” by fiverr or not. At least on mine.

Why fiverr likes some of the pictures I see on the first page, or some of those gigs however is a complete mystery.

Cheap gigs with what must be lots of cancellations because for years they remain at zero level have stayed firmly on the first page for years. It’s a real head scratcher. 😕

There was a lull of a few days or a week, then it slowly trickled back to life gradually, not as much as before though but enough

Well I’m down to 100 impressions only which to be frank sucks pretty bad. Dunno if this will get better or not but I’ll wait and see a week before making any rash decisions.

There was a lull of a few days or a week, then it slowly trickled back to life gradually, not as much as before though but enough

Well I’m down to 100 impressions only which to be frank sucks pretty bad. Dunno if this will get better or not but I’ll wait and see a week before making any rash decisions.

I’m down to 100 impressions

Is that for 30 days? 7 days? 1 day?

I’m down to 100 impressions

Is that for 30 days? 7 days? 1 day?

In the last 4 days, the gig is avergaing at 100 impressions a day from what used to be 700+. The clicks were down to 5 yesterday. I’m still getting by with some return clients and off-site marketing but I doubt that’ll remain the case for long.

In the last 4 days, the gig is avergaing at 100 impressions a day from what used to be 700+. The clicks were down to 5 yesterday. I’m still getting by with some return clients and off-site marketing but I doubt that’ll remain the case for long.

My worst gig gets 80 a day and my best gets around 750. The worst one gets no sales unless it’s a previous client. That gig is really loved by anyone who has gotten it without any negative reviews. As far as I can tell it’s near the bottom of page 4 under it’s category.

Clicks on the worst one are anywhere from 1 to 10 per day.

My worst gig gets 80 a day and my best gets around 750. The worst one gets no sales unless it’s a previous client. That gig is really loved by anyone who has gotten it without any negative reviews. As far as I can tell it’s near the bottom of page 4 under it’s category.

That’s pretty much the same for me. My reviews are great and all ratings are 100%.

Going to wait a week and then see how it is. I don’t have high hopes but we’ll see.

That’s pretty much the same for me. My reviews are great and all ratings are 100%.

Going to wait a week and then see how it is. I don’t have high hopes but we’ll see.

Things are so competitive now with thousands of almost identical gigs. Mine were the first of their kind on fiverr. The first page is full of gigs with less than 30 reviews. That are copies of mine in some form.

Things are so competitive now with thousands of almost identical gigs. Mine were the first of their kind on fiverr. The first page is full of gigs with less than 30 reviews. That are copies of mine in some form.

I literally have gigs that are using my old images and they are ranking higher than me now. For god sakes I have almost 2k 5 star reviews with 100% ratings and yet I’m nowhere to be found. Feels great, feels really great.

This is just sad to look at. It just keeps going down. Cleared $300 worth of orders with great reviews in this time frame from off-site and return clients but it just won’t get better. I’m genuinely out of ideas here.

Untitled.thumb.png.067d62b044d42e3403cf789e130335d4.png
Untitled1416×328 31.7 KB

This is just sad to look at. It just keeps going down. Cleared $300 worth of orders with great reviews in this time frame from off-site and return clients but it just won’t get better. I’m genuinely out of ideas here.

@ssj1236 On which of those days where it shows a change was made was the image changed?

What were those other changes you made on other days?

I see how this would be heartbreaking for you! I think we should be able to figure this out.

I’ve changed my gig many times. It always vanishes for a few days from search. There is no need to panic. Just make sure you do great work on the orders you’re getting atm and if possible hope to get some 5 star reviews. It’ll get back on its own.

However, I hope you didn’t press the “Update” button too many times, that’s a big NO-NO. Always proof-read everything and update the Gig only ONCE when possible, the more times you update, the more of an hit the gig’s listing takes usually.

Having said that, there is really no need to panic and don’t do anything stupid. Just deliver consistent good quality work and your listing would be back in no time and potentially rank higher than before.

Good luck!

@ssj1236 On which of those days where it shows a change was made was the image changed?

What were those other changes you made on other days?

I see how this would be heartbreaking for you! I think we should be able to figure this out.

The changes to the listing were made on the 9th. Haven’t made changes to the gig besides the images on the 11.

I’ve changed my gig many times. It always vanishes for a few days from search. There is no need to panic. Just make sure you do great work on the orders you’re getting atm and if possible hope to get some 5 star reviews. It’ll get back on its own.

I hope that’s the case. RIght now, it’s sitting on page 20 for some reason.

The changes to the listing were made on the 9th. Haven’t made changes to the gig besides the images on the 11.

I hope that’s the case. RIght now, it’s sitting on page 20 for some reason.

So it plunged down when you edited it and not when you changed the image. It might come back in a few days hopefully. Maybe the algorithm doesn’t know what to do for a few days when you do that.

Your gig shouldn’t be on page 20 for any reason. Something is amiss, I think you should not do anything at all and just wait it out. Just do your best with whatever orders you get. I also reviewed your gig, I couldn’t find anything wrong with it.

Only one question - Was the “100% Satisfaction Guaranteed” icon there before you made the changes?

Edit: Also this line " 100% Customer Satisfaction Every Time (Unlimited Revisions)" - were they there before you made the changes?

Archived