Full Time - 401K - Medical Benefits - Paid Vacation

larryallen

There are people on Fiverr who (hypothetically…lol) want to work for a gig client full time. They could have a 401k, medical benefits, paid vacation, etc. and an awesome salary.

Does Fiverr “forbid” that from happening in the world we live in right now? If not, how do we accomplish that without hurting feelings?

There are people on Fiverr who (hypothetically…lol) want to work for a gig client full time. They could have a 401k, medical benefits, paid vacation, etc. and an awesome salary.

Does Fiverr “forbid” that from happening in the world we live in right now? If not, how do we accomplish that without hurting feelings?

to work for a gig client full time. They could have a 401k, medical benefits, paid vacation, etc. and an awesome salary.

That’s called “employment”.

to work for a gig client full time. They could have a 401k, medical benefits, paid vacation, etc. and an awesome salary.

That’s called “employment”.

Yes, it is called “employment.” Thank you for clarifying. lol

I’ll ask again…

Does Fiverr “forbid” that (employment) from happening in the world we live in right now? If not, how do we accomplish that without hurting feelings?

Communication outside fiverr is strictly forbidden … and sharing any such information can get a seller a warning or even banned.

So there’s your answer. Fiverr is a platform for people who don’t want to be employed other than by themselves, either as a side gig or full time.

Yes, it is called “employment.” Thank you for clarifying. lol

I’ll ask again…

Does Fiverr “forbid” that (employment) from happening in the world we live in right now? If not, how do we accomplish that without hurting feelings?

Your question to be honest doesn’t make any sense.

Fiverr as a company can not forbid an employment. They literally can not forbid other companies that act as employers to hire people.

Fiverr is a freelance platform which is totally opposite from employment. Gig economy and freelancing called like that literally because people are “freelancing” and not employed by anyone else.

If someone on fiverr offered you an “employment” through messages then it’s obviously a scam.

Does Fiverr “forbid” that from happening in the world we live in right now?

And again, employment happen under certain rules and surcumstances which doesn’t fall under “gig” and hiring process doesn’t happen through fiverr.

Just to make sure we’re on the same page, without hurting feelings…part of the original question was:

“There are people on Fiverr who (hypothetically…lol) want to work for a gig client full time.”

So I’m asking if a SELLER someday (again hypothetically) does an awesome job for a client over, say 2 years, and the SELLER would love to be employed full time for that client, is that forbidden?

btw…I am not a seller. We do not wish to hire a seller full time. Am I the first person to ever ask these questions about sellers?

Communication outside fiverr is strictly forbidden … and sharing any such information can get a seller a warning or even banned.

So there’s your answer. Fiverr is a platform for people who don’t want to be employed other than by themselves, either as a side gig or full time.

So a woman can change her mind about her current full-time employment and join Fiverr…but she can’t literally do the opposite down the road? (joining a client as a full-time employee)

If this is truly about “money,” could someone just say that?

Some other freelancing platforms do have ‘opt-out’ options that you can buy, or other ways of earning the ability to take clients off-platform. To the best of my knowledge, no, Fiverr does not have this.

Thank you. Since it’s “not about the money,” I’m sure Fiverr will come around. Why would Fiverr want to “keep” someone who doesn’t want to be a seller anymore?

Not at all - it’s that fiverr isn’t a job board. It’s a freelancing platform.

Did someone here bring up “job board?”

Or, was the question (without hurting feelings) about “a woman doing a great job for her client on Fiverr for a year or two…and then her wanting to go work for that one client full time for whatever reason she chooses?”

Pretty positive that doesn’t define a “job board.”

Here’s your original question:

Nothing about “a woman” … although the “hurt feelings” seems a little odd.

My answer stands: all contact outside fiverr may result in an account being banned.

If this is a specific person who wants a full time job with you or your company … well, no doubt that person will find a way to apply for one. And may lose their fiverr profile as a result.

Sellers cannot communicate with buyers off the Fiverr platform. Therefore, whether you message a buyer and say “Yes, I’ll work for you as an employee” and take it off-Fiverr or they message you and say “I want to hire you full-time,” and you then do business off-Fiverr, you are going against Fiverr TOS. If any of that happens on the Fiverr site, they’ll most likely find out and at least warn you if not ban you right away. Ultimately, you have to decide if being kicked off Fiverr for breach of TOS is worth getting that employment opportunity.

Ultimately, it’s not about feelings, is it? It’s about deciding if you want to use the Fiverr platform or go to work for the client’s business only.

Does Fiverr “forbid” that from happening in the world we live in right now?

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Just to make sure we’re on the same page, without hurting feelings…part of the original question was:

“There are people on Fiverr who (hypothetically…lol) want to work for a gig client full time.”

So I’m asking if a SELLER someday (again hypothetically) does an awesome job for a client over, say 2 years, and the SELLER would love to be employed full time for that client, is that forbidden?

btw…I am not a seller. We do not wish to hire a seller full time. Am I the first person to ever ask these questions about sellers?

You are mixing up apples and oranges here and spilling fruit salad everywhere.

First off, creating gigs on Fiverr does not prohibit anyone from working full-time in regular employment with whoever they like.This is not forbidden in any way. However, neither is Fiverr a recruitment agency.

I am not a seller. We do not wish to hire a seller full time.

Why not just order from them whenever you need their services?

What you are missing here is that it is if you want to hire anyone full-time, they need to be on your books, not Fiverr’s. The kind of full-time employment you are referring to would require a contract between you and the person you hire, and you taking care of the admin and payroll side of things. Fiverr does not offer anything like outsourced payroll or tax filing services, all of which would be required to make this possible.

Your question is really like saying: "can I use this spanner as a hammer?" - Fiverr is a tool, but it is not a tool designed for the task you want to use it for.

I’m also sorry, but it is not in the interest of a seller to agree to work full-time for one client on Fiverr. I get offers like this all the time. However, if I were ever to say yes, I would be resigning myself to a fixed income with fewer opportunities.

Your company could go bust or you could decide you don’t need me a year from now. This would mean that I would have to start again on Fiverr without as many regular clients or as many reviews as I would have if I hadn’t decided to work full time with you.

It is also likely that your company is based in a completely different place to me. This means that you could simply stop emailing or calling one day and ghost me, leaving me with no recourse to pursue you for damages like I might a ‘normal’ employer.

Put simply, Fiverr is not the place you come to hire a full-time employee. However, there is nothing stopping you from outsourcing work here to one person on a regular basis as many times as you like, for however long you like. If for whatever reason you do want to hire someone full time, you will simply need to do so by posting an ad somewhere online, before shortlisting, interviewing, and onboarding someone in person or remotely accordingly.

Archived