Let's Bee Positive 🐝

janebarnaby

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you lower the price through the resolution center or only increase it? :thinking: There are so many things left unexplained in Fiverr’s FAQs. I try them every time I have questions, but always come out empty handed.

Sun is always good to see. It’s been a drought here too, excluding our own torrential rain last night. I’m honestly liking seeing a grey sky after the relentless sun the past while.

I see that there are often new bees on the forum, so your thread might bee positive for them too if they read it and it has some new bee Q&As 😉

Is that a suggestion? 👀

Is that a suggestion? 👀

Not really, just wanted you to not feel bad about asking newbie questions in your own thread, it’s a positive thread, after all, and the answers can help other new bees too, in case they feel attracted by your thread like 🐝

… but as I can see, it might already bee too late 😉 not sure how that happened, maybe used “stop being a newbie” in the forum search bar? :thinking: 😉

Is that a suggestion? 👀

Not really, just wanted you to not feel bad about asking newbie questions in your own thread, it’s a positive thread, after all, and the answers can help other new bees too, in case they feel attracted by your thread like 🐝

… but as I can see, it might already bee too late 😉 not sure how that happened, maybe used “stop being a newbie” in the forum search bar? :thinking:😉

Only now do I realise “newbie” sound like “new bee” and I am a little bit ashamed that I didn’t see the absolute obvious while you did. 😳

And yeah, it seems like it happened, but that’s alright. The more, the merrier, right?

Only now do I realise “newbie” sound like “new bee” and I am a little bit ashamed that I didn’t see the absolute obvious while you did. 😳

And yeah, it seems like it happened, but that’s alright. The more, the merrier, right?

It took me a moment too when I saw the first new bee thread, but as I’m used to Fiverr orthography, such things now usually take me just a millisecond. You’ll get better in Fiverrish too, don’t worry.

As long as they stay positive 🙂

45klle.jpg.5492312f8b701365ea52bc4cb39a502d.jpg

The whole forum is flooded with strange threads. I’m gonna stay here in this one. Here I feel comfortable 🙂

The internet can be an odd place. It’s best to create your own haven of safety. That’s what this is for 🙂

I’m in an unusually good mood today, actually. Woke up a few hours earlier than I’d like, but I spent that time reading a good book, and the weather is (a little too) lovely today.

The internet can be an odd place. It’s best to create your own haven of safety. That’s what this is for 🙂

I’m in an unusually good mood today, actually. Woke up a few hours earlier than I’d like, but I spent that time reading a good book, and the weather is (a little too) lovely today.

It’s best to create your own haven of safety.

This sentence really jumped out at me this morning.

Me too. Haven is one of my favourite words, just the mellifluous sound and the meaning together already create a serene place in my mind. It’s almost the same in German too, Hafen, the Old English version being hæfen, and both stemming from the Old Norse hǫfn. The German pronunciation isn’t as soft, though, because of the f instead of v, but the long-drawn-out a alleviates that a bit; all in all, the English haven has some more of the comforting, the German Hafen some more of the protective aura, not due to the meanings, those are the same, but due to the sound.

Also, haven always makes me think of Tolkien’s Grey Havens. Havens wasn’t translated as Häfen, though, but as Anfurten (an old, mostly obsolete word for havens which probably not many people know anymore), to make it sound more ancient, I guess.

Well, enough random haven musings; to get back on topic, seeing the word haven definitely makes my day more positive.

(And isn’t it so awesome how the composer’s name is Shore … also a wonderful word, but I’ll stop it here ;))

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.e6ab15941d63c5df33396ae2869bb3a0.jpg

It’s best to create your own haven of safety.

The world can be a dangerous place, and since it won’t change for you, you have to change it yourself, if only a little bit. Not much else we can do, really.

Are you okay?

Me too. Haven is one of my favourite words, just the mellifluous sound and the meaning together already create a serene place in my mind. It’s almost the same in German too, Hafen, the Old English version being hæfen, and both stemming from the Old Norse hǫfn. The German pronunciation isn’t as soft, though, because of the f instead of v, but the long-drawn-out a alleviates that a bit; all in all, the English haven has some more of the comforting, the German Hafen some more of the protective aura, not due to the meanings, those are the same, but due to the sound.

Also, haven always makes me think of Tolkien’s Grey Havens. Havens wasn’t translated as Häfen, though, but as Anfurten (an old, mostly obsolete word for havens which probably not many people know anymore), to make it sound more ancient, I guess.

Well, enough random haven musings; to get back on topic, seeing the word haven definitely makes my day more positive.

(And isn’t it so awesome how the composer’s name is Shore … also a wonderful word, but I’ll stop it here ;))

In Dutch, my native language, it’s “haven” as well. I’m not really sure how I feel about it, or what ‘feel’ the word has. I suppose I never really thought about it. Do you think about the emotions words have often?

The world can be a dangerous place, and since it won’t change for you, you have to change it yourself, if only a little bit. Not much else we can do, really.

Are you okay?

I’ve had that thought a lot lately, about how to create a haven of safety. I’ve always had lots of people come into the home for various reasons and now I don’t do that aside from a few necessary helpers.

In Dutch, my native language, it’s “haven” as well. I’m not really sure how I feel about it, or what ‘feel’ the word has. I suppose I never really thought about it. Do you think about the emotions words have often?

Yes, I know 🙂 I actually do, very often, it’s part of my work. I also collect obsolete words as a hobby 😉

how to create a haven of safety

I think it’s something you can only do in your mind really. Any physical haven you create, can be destroyed very quickly and without notice.

But of course we can still try and get as close as we may. I don’t really get “unnecessary” people in either, I’d already be glad if the necessary ones would show up, such as the roofer before the next torrential rain 😅

Yes, I know 🙂 I actually do, very often, it’s part of my work. I also collect obsolete words as a hobby 😉

how to create a haven of safety

I think it’s something you can only do in your mind really. Any physical haven you create, can be destroyed very quickly and without notice.

But of course we can still try and get as close as we may. I don’t really get “unnecessary” people in either, I’d already be glad if the necessary ones would show up, such as the roofer before the next torrential rain 😅

You’re a writer, aren’t you? I’m a writer too, but that’s just a hobby, and all I create is fiction. And obsolete words must be far less shiny to collect than gemstones. How do you keep them? In a notebook, or somewhere else?

Translator and writer. On Fiverr, I have only translation gigs, I do write sometimes but just via custom offer; I don’t have an active writing gig, I do have one, though.
Translation, however, is partly writing too, if you do it well, to a lower or higher degree, depending on the task, source text, freedom given, and desired output; there is also the term “transcreation”, for a reason, and the ‘feel of words’ is important for both writing and translating, fiction and non-fiction.

Apart from working on other people’s projects for bread and butter, I write fiction too, like you 🙂 The general idea is to publish, but it’s going to be long books (two different genres, so I can work on the one or other, depending in which mood I am), and I’m a bit of a perfectionist too, also my own worst critic, so that might not happen anytime soon, but that’s fine, I enjoy the thinking and writing and world-building when I can find the time and energy.

In a notebook, yes, and I also have a blog for them, but more important or urgent things kept me from keeping up, so I decided to pause it until I can give it the needed attention again.

I have a shiny gemstone collection too, actually, but those are virtual assets, for role play. Virtual gems and obsolete words are perfect collectibles in my book 😉 they don’t take up much space, are easy to carry, and mostly come for free.

Do you collect something? 🍯

Translator and writer. On Fiverr, I have only translation gigs, I do write sometimes but just via custom offer; I don’t have an active writing gig, I do have one, though.

Translation, however, is partly writing too, if you do it well, to a lower or higher degree, depending on the task, source text, freedom given, and desired output; there is also the term “transcreation”, for a reason, and the ‘feel of words’ is important for both writing and translating, fiction and non-fiction.

Apart from working on other people’s projects for bread and butter, I write fiction too, like you 🙂 The general idea is to publish, but it’s going to be long books (two different genres, so I can work on the one or other, depending in which mood I am), and I’m a bit of a perfectionist too, also my own worst critic, so that might not happen anytime soon, but that’s fine, I enjoy the thinking and writing and world-building when I can find the time and energy.

In a notebook, yes, and I also have a blog for them, but more important or urgent things kept me from keeping up, so I decided to pause it until I can give it the needed attention again.

I have a shiny gemstone collection too, actually, but those are virtual assets, for role play. Virtual gems and obsolete words are perfect collectibles in my book 😉 they don’t take up much space, are easy to carry, and mostly come for free.

Mm, I think I understand what you mean. This sounds beautiful, honestly. Is this what you enjoy about it most?

I enjoy the thinking and writing and world-building when I can find the time and energy.

Sounds like an SF/F book, or else you wouldn’t be doing worldbuilding. What subgenre? What’s it about? And the inner critic and editing while you write can indeed be real killers.

(If you don’t want to say, it’s fine, but I’ll take any chance I can get to geek out with other SF/F writers)

That’s a shame. Hopefully you can get back to it soon. It sounds like a genuinely interesting blog. I’ve considered doing a blog, but then I think, “What would I actually put in it? Things about cats?”

Virtual gems and obsolete words are perfect collectibles in my book 😉 they don’t take up much space, are easy to carry, and mostly come for free.

How would you collect virtual gems? Pictures/drawings of them? And yeah, one SD card should last you years if all you have is pictures and words. Much easier to store than paintings or dolls or something.

Gemstones, actually! There’s something truly beautiful about how they’re all unique yet all beautiful. Some stones like tiger’s eye and labradorite have this inner fire, this inner flame, that just draws me in. They are beautiful on the outside, yes, but once you move them, once you truly pay attention and just look… That’s when the magic happens.

Mm, I think I understand what you mean. This sounds beautiful, honestly. Is this what you enjoy about it most?

I enjoy the thinking and writing and world-building when I can find the time and energy.

Sounds like an SF/F book, or else you wouldn’t be doing worldbuilding. What subgenre? What’s it about? And the inner critic and editing while you write can indeed be real killers.

(If you don’t want to say, it’s fine, but I’ll take any chance I can get to geek out with other SF/F writers)

That’s a shame. Hopefully you can get back to it soon. It sounds like a genuinely interesting blog. I’ve considered doing a blog, but then I think, “What would I actually put in it? Things about cats?”

Virtual gems and obsolete words are perfect collectibles in my book 😉 they don’t take up much space, are easy to carry, and mostly come for free.

How would you collect virtual gems? Pictures/drawings of them? And yeah, one SD card should last you years if all you have is pictures and words. Much easier to store than paintings or dolls or something.

Gemstones, actually! There’s something truly beautiful about how they’re all unique yet all beautiful. Some stones like tiger’s eye and labradorite have this inner fire, this inner flame, that just draws me in. They are beautiful on the outside, yes, but once you move them, once you truly pay attention and just look… That’s when the magic happens.

Yes, yes, and no. Or so. 🙂

💎, really? Nice.

Yes, former customers are launching a sequel to a computer game soon, and I’m busy with the translation (so just a short post this time), and that’s positively fun, localising the game dialogues, items and such.

Glad to hear you’re in the rotation again, or regained the favour of The Algorithm, or whatever. 🍀

It looks like Fiverr’s shadowban on me has been lifted! 🎉 I got messages from new buyers I didn’t approach myself first. Things are looking up again.

Anyone else had something good happen recently?

Good morning ladies. ☀️

I recently started following this thread, although I have not read the whole thread. It is like having a conversation with a friend over coffee or tea.

It looks like Fiverr’s shadowban on me has been lifted! 🎉

That has been true for my two of my gigs too. It started this past weekend. ☺️

Yes, former customers are launching a sequel to a computer game soon, and I’m busy with the translation

I used to have a regular customer who had me proofread her computer game dialogue, but she disappeared over a year ago even though she had credit with me. :thinking: She was a lovely person. I miss her.

Yes, yes, and no. Or so. 🙂

💎, really? Nice.

Yes, former customers are launching a sequel to a computer game soon, and I’m busy with the translation (so just a short post this time), and that’s positively fun, localising the game dialogues, items and such.

Glad to hear you’re in the rotation again, or regained the favour of The Algorithm, or whatever. 🍀

💎, really? Nice.

I have filled a whole display case already. I’ll need to expand my storage / show-off space soon.

That sounds good! It’s always great to have returning customers. The fear of bad reviews is far less with them. It’s even better if you enjoy the work they give you.

And yeah, me too. I’ll be very careful with the order limit button this time…

Good morning ladies. ☀️

I recently started following this thread, although I have not read the whole thread. It is like having a conversation with a friend over coffee or tea.

It looks like Fiverr’s shadowban on me has been lifted! 🎉

Yes, former customers are launching a sequel to a computer game soon, and I’m busy with the translation

I used to have a regular customer who had me proofread her computer game dialogue, but she disappeared over a year ago even though she had credit with me. :thinking: She was a lovely person. I miss her.

Welcome! I thought I saw you pop up in my likes here and there. Do you often read back whole threads?

The shadowban started or that it’s gone? If it’s the latter, 🎉

She was a lovely person. I miss her.

You have to wonder where they go, right? Just occasionally, in passing, “Where’d that one person go? Are they okay?” And then you forget again for a few months or even years.

Welcome! I thought I saw you pop up in my likes here and there. Do you often read back whole threads?

The shadowban started or that it’s gone? If it’s the latter, 🎉

She was a lovely person. I miss her.

You have to wonder where they go, right? Just occasionally, in passing, “Where’d that one person go? Are they okay?” And then you forget again for a few months or even years.

Yes, especilly when you have a connection.

I collect depression glass. I have sets from each decade from the 20s clear on up to the 60’s.

20’s ⬇️

image.jpg.b6ac3fc81a3d2103b723df5a1a112c80.jpg

30’s

image.jpg.a7bcd70543ecdaee505cca9532f6fd9b.jpg

40’s

image.jpg.72afc97f987cc2e4f6044fc6b0746663.jpg

50’s

image.jpg.d9ab77b6cf4faa282dba89e41c3fb425.jpg image.jpg.ad694ea9b16b3e867ea32eef19788ca5.jpg

60’s

image.jpg.6ba4070a082cc1a7236abb73646fef0b.jpg

Of course, there is some overlapping of the decades.

Yes, especilly when you have a connection.

I collect depression glass. I have sets from each decade from the 20s clear on up to the 60’s.

20’s ⬇️

30’s

40’s

50’s

imageimage

60’s

Of course, there is some overlapping of the decades.

How did you start collecting it?

My grandmother had parts of the forest green set, then my hubby, who used to travel, found parts of the royal ruby set in antique shops when he traveled.

From there we looked for pieces here and there in 2nd hand shops. I found a $25 piece at a yard sale for 50 cents.

We started collecting before the internet when I had a subscription to “The Depression Glass Daze.” Sadly, depression glass has lost its value because of the internet and people finding more of it through the venues on the net.

I do not have complete sets of all of them. The pictures abouve are from google images.

My grandmother had parts of the forest green set, then my hubby, who used to travel, found parts of the royal ruby set in antique shops when he traveled.

From there we looked for pieces here and there in 2nd hand shops. I found a $25 piece at a yard sale for 50 cents.

We started collecting before the internet when I had a subscription to “The Depression Glass Daze.” Sadly, depression glass has lost its value because of the internet and people finding more of it through the venues on the net.

I do not have complete sets of all of them. The pictures abouve are from google images.

It’s as valuable as you make it, right? All that matters is if it’s valuable to you. Honestly, it’d be much easier to collect gemstones if they weren’t so expensive. Getting my hands on a few good pieces of emerald, sapphire, and other gemstones similar to those will take quite a bit of saving up.

It’s as valuable as you make it, right? All that matters is if it’s valuable to you. Honestly, it’d be much easier to collect gemstones if they weren’t so expensive. Getting my hands on a few good pieces of emerald, sapphire, and other gemstones similar to those will take quite a bit of saving up.

collect gemstones

My grandfather was a rockhound. He would find Montana agates and cut and polish them up. Then he would put them in jewelry for his 13 children their spouses and his over 50 grandkids. I have various necklaces and key chains he made.

Okay, toodles, I have a cookbook to proof and it will not do itself. 🙂

Archived