Let's Bee Positive 🐝

janebarnaby

With these dark times, it’s easy to get buried under all the bad news and stress, both on Fiverr and in real life. Why not change that around, if only for a few moments? This is a place to share good news. Maybe you just got a big order and you’re stoked to work on it. Maybe you are having a great experience with a buyer. Maybe the weather is simply nice, or your cat came for an extra cuddle. Whatever it is, feel free to share it here. 🙂

P.S. I have no idea if this is against forum rules, since I haven’t seen any real ‘chats’ here (not that I expected any). If this isn’t allowed, tell me and I’ll close it down.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll try first.

I’m really enjoying working outside lately. The weather has been great, and being warmed by the sun while editing away is a nice feeling. Combined with music, editing instruction manuals isn’t all that bad anymore.

I’m really enjoying working outside lately. The weather has been great, and being warmed by the sun while editing away is a nice feeling.

Cool! The weather here in the UK is really pleasant at the moment, too. It’s cool just sitting in the garden with a drink. 🙂

This is a place to share good news.

Earlier this week, my mum was really unwell, possibly with the coronavirus. The worst of her symptoms have thankfully gone now, which I’m happy about. It’s not easy watching those you love suffer!

I’m really enjoying working outside lately. The weather has been great, and being warmed by the sun while editing away is a nice feeling.

Cool! The weather here in the UK is really pleasant at the moment, too. It’s cool just sitting in the garden with a drink. 🙂

This is a place to share good news.

Earlier this week, my mum was really unwell, possibly with the coronavirus. The worst of her symptoms have thankfully gone now, which I’m happy about. It’s not easy watching those you love suffer!

The weather here in the UK is really pleasant at the moment, too. It’s cool just sitting in the garden with a drink. 🙂

West Europe is a really good place to be right now. What kind of drink are you having?

I’m glad she got better. This virus can be really scary. Let’s hope both of you will stay healthy for the foreseeable future <3

The weather here in the UK is really pleasant at the moment, too. It’s cool just sitting in the garden with a drink. 🙂

West Europe is a really good place to be right now. What kind of drink are you having?

I’m glad she got better. This virus can be really scary. Let’s hope both of you will stay healthy for the foreseeable future <3

Juice. The lockdown hasn’t driven me to morning drinking… yet. 😅

Thank you. 🙂

Do you have much work to do this weekend, or will you have a relaxed Easter?

Juice. The lockdown hasn’t driven me to morning drinking… yet. 😅

Thank you. 🙂

Do you have much work to do this weekend, or will you have a relaxed Easter?

Some people will morning drink regardless of the situation 😛 I just stick to water and milk. Not really fond of alcohol’s taste, be it beer, rum, or wine.

I have a week’s worth of work left on this current project, so I’ll be chugging along with that, but most of it will be relaxed. What about you?

Some people will morning drink regardless of the situation 😛 I just stick to water and milk. Not really fond of alcohol’s taste, be it beer, rum, or wine.

I have a week’s worth of work left on this current project, so I’ll be chugging along with that, but most of it will be relaxed. What about you?

It’s great you’re still working. Some sellers are finding the current climate really difficult. 🙂

I’ll be having a relaxed Easter. As long as there’s plenty of chocolate around, I’ll be happy.

Everyone else is free to hop in as well.

Let me tag one of my friends.

@maitasun, come in here and bee positive. 🐝

It’s great you’re still working. Some sellers are finding the current climate really difficult. 🙂

I’ll be having a relaxed Easter. As long as there’s plenty of chocolate around, I’ll be happy.

I’m a bit of a newbie, so this is only me second ‘real’ order in the three months I’ve been here (the first was me working for a friend). Ironically, both came in around the time Corona really took off, so I’m seeing an opposite effect.

Heck yeah, chocolate. That’s always good to have around. Have you got chocolate brownies too?

@maitasun, come in here and bee positive

Hey there! ^-^

I’m a bit of a newbie, so this is only me second ‘real’ order in the three months I’ve been here (the first was me working for a friend). Ironically, both came in around the time Corona really took off, so I’m seeing an opposite effect.

Heck yeah, chocolate. That’s always good to have around. Have you got chocolate brownies too?

@maitasun, come in here and bee positive

Hey there! ^-^

Ironically, both came in around the time Corona really took off, so I’m seeing an opposite effect.

Every cloud, eh? 🙂

Have you got chocolate brownies too?

Noooo. If I did, I’d have deffo mentioned them. Brownies are one of life’s major positives!

Hey there! ^-^

I’ll sure she’ll be along shortly. She has a sweet kitty, who takes up most of her time by being naughty. 😅

As long as there’s plenty of chocolate around, I’ll be happy.

Did anybody say chocolate??? :star_struck:

I’m the first in queue! 😛

Hey there! ^-^

Hi Jane, pleased to meet you! 🙂 I’m Maita ☀️

Greetings from sunny and, right now, hot Venezuela! 😅 🙂

I’m really enjoying working outside lately. The weather has been great,

Please, stay safe! 😉

and being warmed by the sun while editing away is a nice feeling. Combined with music, editing instruction manuals isn’t all that bad anymore.

You’ve got to tell me the secret on how to edit while listening to music, because I just can’t do it. 😅 After a few minutes, I can’t hold myself, and I start humming and singing. 🙈

Yes, it’s not easy. 😢

I’m really happy to know your mother is doing well! :hugs:

Everyone else is free to hop in as well. You can think of one thing that went well today or yesterday, right? A little bit of happiness and friendliness goes a long way. 🙂

I had to proofread several user manuals and translate a series of short Forex books. Two days ago I started to translate another series of short books about stock markets and the likes.

I’ll sure she’ll be along shortly. She has a sweet kitty, who takes up most of her time by being naughty. 😅

And is crazy enough to get all soaked in the pond. 😂

Ironically, both came in around the time Corona really took off, so I’m seeing an opposite effect.

Every cloud, eh? 🙂

Have you got chocolate brownies too?

Noooo. If I did, I’d have deffo mentioned them. Brownies are one of life’s major positives!

Hey there! ^-^

They definitely are. I made some today, and they’re all gone already. No clue where they went.

Hey Maita! Rather sun than rain, right?

Please, stay safe! 😉

I’ve got a backyard. Great place to be right now. It definitely beats being inside.

You’ve got to tell me the secret on how to edit while listening to music, because I just can’t do it. 😅 After a few minutes, I can’t hold myself, and I start humming and singing. 🙈

coughs awkwardly No one said wiggle-dancing while editing is forbidden…? To be fair, I tend to multitask to the point that I can’t simply listen to music – I have to do something else at the same time.

I had to proofread several user manuals and translate a series of short Forex books. Two days ago I started to translate another series of short books about stock markets and the likes.

Do you like manuals and nonfiction like books about stock markets, or do you prefer creative writing like me?

Cats… does yours dance in the rain too?

They definitely are. I made some today, and they’re all gone already. No clue where they went.

Please, stay safe! 😉

I’ve got a backyard. Great place to be right now. It definitely beats being inside.

coughs awkwardly No one said wiggle-dancing while editing is forbidden…? To be fair, I tend to multitask to the point that I can’t simply listen to music – I have to do something else at the same time.

Do you like manuals and nonfiction like books about stock markets, or do you prefer creative writing like me?

To your big toe? :thinking:

I’m definitely sure that’s where they went. It’s better growing a big toe than a big belly. 😅

Yes, but it would be nicer if the temp just stood six degrees lower. :grimacing:😅

I really don’t have any preferences when having to translate or proofread content, but nonfiction content is definitely easier. 😅

No, but I’m sure he’ll do it some day. I have no doubt about that happening and, afterwards, jumping on me - he’s such a naughty cat! 😅

I’m definitely sure that’s where they went. It’s better growing a big toe than a big belly. 😅

Yes, but it would be nicer if the temp just stood six degrees lower. :grimacing:😅

I really don’t have any preferences when having to translate or proofread content, but nonfiction content is definitely easier. 😅

No, but I’m sure he’ll do it some day. I have no doubt about that happening and, afterwards, jumping on me - he’s such a naughty cat! 😅

My belly could get a big better 😛 I’d be worried if one of my toes suddenly became the size of a brownie…

Is the forecast giving you any hope?

Huh, really? How come nonfiction is easier? I’m now constantly finding myself fact-checking the document, adding or correcting last names, correcting the names of US financial things I never knew existed. Should I even be doing this if all I’m offering is proofreading/editing?

Be glad Venezuela doesn’t see snow 😛 Imagine your snow-covered cat jumping onto your lap with his freezing cold paws, ice and snow dripping off of his fur.

My belly could get a big better 😛 I’d be worried if one of my toes suddenly became the size of a brownie…

Yes, but it would be nicer if the temp just stood six degrees lower. 😬 😅

Huh, really? How come nonfiction is easier? I’m now constantly finding myself fact-checking the document, adding or correcting last names, correcting the names of US financial things I never knew existed. Should I even be doing this if all I’m offering is proofreading/editing?

Be glad Venezuela doesn’t see snow 😛 Imagine your snow-covered cat jumping onto your lap with his freezing cold paws, ice and snow dripping off of his fur.

Nope. The warm and dry breeze announces the arrival of Easter and from there, straight into summer. So no cooler temps until around November, or so. It will really depend on how crazy the weather decides to be this year. If too moody, maybe we won’t see cooler days until late Jan - at best. 😬

If you’re just proofreading, then, no! You just need to stick to errors, repeated words, right selection of words/terms, and syntax, at most.

If you’re editing, it will depend on the type of editing you’re offering. 😉

Being a journalist and writer, @ahmwritingco can explain you better. 🙂

No, the one that should be glad is my cat! You know, it’s a survival matter - surviving me if he did that! 😅

Nah, naughty cats are such a fun and so lovely. :relaxed:😉

Nope. The warm and dry breeze announces the arrival of Easter and from there, straight into summer. So no cooler temps until around November, or so. It will really depend on how crazy the weather decides to be this year. If too moody, maybe we won’t see cooler days until late Jan - at best. 😬

If you’re just proofreading, then, no! You just need to stick to errors, repeated words, right selection of words/terms, and syntax, at most.

No, the one that should be glad is my cat! You know, it’s a survival matter - surviving me if he did that! 😅

Oh, woah. That’s a really long hot period. I hope you guys have AC.

I offer the usual “I will proofread and edit X in 24 hours”, since that seemed like a hot topic here, but what I’m really after is copyediting. No true content editing or fact-checking, as far as I know.

Cats are the best in general <3 I couldn’t go a day without them. Even on holiday, I seek out local cats wherever I am just to pet them.

This is the positivity thread, so I’ll go right ahead and say that you explained your point well. There are different levels of document analysis, you’re correct. 🙂

It’s always much easier to complete a project when you don’t have to check those obscure facts!

That’s the spirit. 😉

A cat from my neighbourhood is walking around showing everybody the mouse he recently caught. I’ll share that in this thread on behalf of him! 🐱

This is the positivity thread, so I’ll go right ahead and say that you explained your point well. There are different levels of document analysis, you’re correct. 🙂

It’s always much easier to complete a project when you don’t have to check those obscure facts!

Nah, naughty cats are such a fun and so lovely. ☺️

That’s the spirit. 😉

A cat from my neighbourhood is walking around showing everybody the mouse he recently caught. I’ll share that in this thread on behalf of him! 🐱

Backwards googling the last name of some guy that was only quoted/mentioned with his front name Yes, obscure facts xP

That’s why fantasy is so nice. It’s all magic! Though I always keep the rules of the world in mind and see if it follows the story’s logic, as per copyediting standard.

Aw, how cute. He must like everyone in the neighbourhood if he didn’t take it straight home.

Nah, naughty cats are such a fun and so lovely. ☺️

That’s the spirit. 😉

That’s the spirit. 😉

You tell me… 😬

It seems to be contagious. 😳

Aw, how cute. He must like everyone in the neighbourhood if he didn’t take it straight home.

He’s just proud of his feat and needs to brag about his spoils of war. ☺️

That’s the spirit. 😉

You tell me… 😬

It seems to be contagious. 😳

I’d brag all day long too. Catching a mouse is a serious feat.

Archived