Let's Bee Positive 🐝

janebarnaby

we’re so often too busy to think about ourselves, ask ourselves how we are doing, probably many of us rather ask others how they are than ourselves.

You got that right~ It’s very difficult for me to do that. As an empath I’m always so focused on other people’s feelings and circumstances. I try to remind myself sometimes to only think about me. It’s not easy to do.

Sometimes I realize no one is looking out for me.

circumstances are part of life and we are try to be strong and keep smile and face it.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we’re so often too busy to think about ourselves, ask ourselves how we are doing, probably many of us rather ask others how they are than ourselves.

You got that right~ It’s very difficult for me to do that. As an empath I’m always so focused on other people’s feelings and circumstances. I try to remind myself sometimes to only think about me. It’s not easy to do.

If no one looks out for us, we’ll have to step up and be that person until we can find someone. I hope everything is alright with you.

EDIT: For the record, I would love to like everyone back, but Discourse is mad at my liking etiquette and has blocked me.

Right, it’s good to not be self-centered and to think and care about others but we shouldn’t forget ourselves, or maybe rather our selves.

That’s the bad thing with this kind of thread, they make you heartless so quickly 😉

Right, it’s good to not be self-centered and to think and care about others but we shouldn’t forget ourselves, or maybe rather our selves.

That’s the bad thing with this kind of thread, they make you heartless so quickly 😉

I hope you mean ‘heart-less’ as in out of likes, and not ‘heartless’ as in without empathy. 😛 I would hope not that this thread leaves us without empathy…

I’ve only come to that realization in the past year where I noticed I don’t think about myself or what I need. I try to force myself to consider my own needs as I would normally be thinking about others. I wouldn’t wish being an empath on anyone.

I’ve only come to that realization in the past year where I noticed I don’t think about myself or what I need. I try to force myself to consider my own needs as I would normally be thinking about others. I wouldn’t wish being an empath on anyone.

Yeah, I skipped the - to make the pun a bit more interesting but couldn’t bring myself to not put a 😉

I wouldn’t wish being an empath on anyone.

I don’t know, “empath” always makes me think of Lt. Deanna Troi, roaming the galaxy on a starship with awesome people, being paid to be an empath and all seems pretty glamorous 😉

I bought this for my balcony:

image.thumb.jpg.871e3930f9e0967f7c046e2f459fd9bd.jpg
image1680×2240 1.36 MB

I live in a one-bedroom apartment and I’ve never used my balcony before. 'Cause I live on a busy street, there are always cars beneath me with their dirt and pollution. Now, most cars are gone so I cleaned the balcony up, furnished it with some garden furniture and this thing (that loves the sun and hates water so I don’t kill it with negligence even if I try). And I can lounge in the garden (sort of) whenever I want.

I live in a one-bedroom apartment and I’ve never used my balcony before. 'Cause I live on a busy street, there are always cars beneath me with their dirt and pollution. Now, most cars are gone so I cleaned the balcony up, furnished it with some garden furniture and this thing (that loves the sun and hates water so I don’t kill it with negligence even if I try). And I can lounge in the garden (sort of) whenever I want.

Whatsitsname? Sounds like a good plant to have…

Be careful with those little buggers! They can grow ginormous before you know it. We had to do ours away because they were getting over 1 metre tall.

Glad to hear you’re now able to enjoy the outside safely 🙂

It looks like what we call a snake plant. These are all over the place where I live. They spread out and can take over a yard or garden and are impossible to kill or get rid of due to the thick tangle of indestructible roots but they are attractive.

Sansevieria cylindrica. It even sounds epic.

These are all over the place where I live. They spread out and can take over a yard or garden and are impossible to kill

Sounds like my kind of plant. It’s my first plant ever so we’ll see how it goes.

The one I got works for all kinds of things too, I was just wondering what kind of pictures the baking powder companies of other countries put on their packs. The marble cake on two random different brands I happened to grab in the supermarket probably shows that marble cake is one of the favourite things people here like to bake.

I’m a sister too, I have a younger brother 😉

your powder pic f.jpg.4dafbb5bf76791c2d057d4dcbc74041e.jpg

Yes, sounds better and better, haha, seems they are called Bogenhanf (literal translation: arch hemp) here, I’ll try to get one or two of those.

It’s unrelated but I just love German language. I took 2 years in school and, unfortunately, it’s hard to have a grip on it once you stop using it but I can still read it and understand every 3-4th word in a sentence. And my most favorite thing is how the words are built and how it sounds.

I was going to call her “Clara” but she’s “Bogenhanf” now.

why give the rewards to it.

Just so, why not be polite to such an awesome plant as Bogenhanf, I talk to trees all the time, too, I greet them first thing anytime I enter the park.

Regards, though, not rewards … whether Bogenhanf will get any rewards, that’s for Lena to see and decide 😉

It’s unrelated but I just love German language. I took 2 years in school and, unfortunately, it’s hard to have a grip on it once you stop using it but I can still read it and understand every 3-4th word in a sentence. And my most favorite thing is how the words are built and how it sounds.

I was going to call her “Clara” but she’s “Bogenhanf” now.

yeah you must to stay touch with it and try to grip on it because its help you in future maybe.

Just so, why not be polite to such an awesome plant as Bogenhanf, I talk to trees all the time, too, I greet them first thing anytime I enter the park.

Regards, though, not rewards … whether Bogenhanf will get any rewards, that’s for Lena to see and decide 😉

haha it good for health.

ooh ok ok sorry read in hurry.

@lenasemenkova Google tells me that Sanseviera cylindrica is poisonous and to keep children and pets away from it if they might eat it! Also to be careful when repotting it, to not get your skin into contact with its poisonous juices which can lead to irritations.

(Sorry for the negativity in the Bee Positive thread but I think Lena has 🐱)

Other than that, it seems to be indeed an awesome and easy to care for and propagate plant… 💚

@lenasemenkova Google tells me that Sanseviera cylindrica is poisonous and to keep children and pets away from it if they might eat it! Also to be careful when repotting it, to not get your skin into contact with its poisonous juices which can lead to irritations.

Other than that, it seems to be indeed an awesome and easy to care for and propagate plant… 💚

Can confirm, I have never had the urge to eat our potted plants before, and none of our cats have bitten those Sansevieras before.

!!! Thank you. She’s isolated on the balcony (where cats are not allowed) so no dangers there. But good to know and unless it’s some different kind of it, it’s interesting that the seller sort of forgot to mention it to me.

It is mentioned on the label that you absolutely cannot eat it, though. 🙂

Archived