Changed up my gig description and would really appreciate feedback šŸ§”

janebarnaby

Hello there, everyone! After lurking here for a bit, I thought Iā€™d try my hand at this category with my only gig. I would be thankful if you are willing to take the time to help me out.

I have made two sales so far (both with a 5-star review) and am currently working on a third. Both my impression to view rate and my view to click rate are about 25%, although I have no idea if that is good or bad. I like to think itā€™s somewhat okay.

If youā€™re willing to look, this is the link. Thank you in advance. šŸ§”

Hi Jane,

Iā€™ve read through your gig description and I think itā€™s really well written. However, Iā€™ve got some suggestions:

1. Try to format the description using bold letter or highlighted text.
  2. Why do you only work with Google Docs? Canā€™t the same be done with Microsoft Word as well?
  3. Iā€™m not sure if you put the ā€œandā€ in the last item in a bullet list. Iā€™m talking about the ā€œDocuments I work withā€ bullet list that youā€™ve created. The ā€œandā€ is usually placed in the second last item, if Iā€™m not mistaken. Please correct me if Iā€™m wrong.
  4. I donā€™t think that you need to tell clients that youā€™ll deliver within the deadline. Itā€™s something that everyone understands and expects.

Cheers,
Adeel

Hi Jane,

Iā€™ve read through your gig description and I think itā€™s really well written. However, Iā€™ve got some suggestions:

1. Try to format the description using bold letter or highlighted text.
  2. Why do you only work with Google Docs? Canā€™t the same be done with Microsoft Word as well?
  3. Iā€™m not sure if you put the ā€œandā€ in the last item in a bullet list. Iā€™m talking about the ā€œDocuments I work withā€ bullet list that youā€™ve created. The ā€œandā€ is usually placed in the second last item, if Iā€™m not mistaken. Please correct me if Iā€™m wrong.
  4. I donā€™t think that you need to tell clients that youā€™ll deliver within the deadline. Itā€™s something that everyone understands and expects.

Cheers,

Adeel

1. I thought about it but was afraid it would look unprofessional. Thank you for letting me know it isnā€™t
  2. My laptop can only support online files because itā€™s a Chromebook. It physically cannot open Word files, which is a big downside, but itā€™s been fine so far.
  3. Itā€™s actually at the last item in the list, just like in normal lists (pears, apples, oranges, and bananas vs pears, apples, and oranges, bananas).
  4. Fair enough. Will delete that pronto.

Thank you so much for the help! Youā€™re awesome and I hope you have a great day.

1. I thought about it but was afraid it would look unprofessional. Thank you for letting me know it isnā€™t
  2. My laptop can only support online files because itā€™s a Chromebook. It physically cannot open Word files, which is a big downside, but itā€™s been fine so far.
  3. Itā€™s actually at the last item in the list, just like in normal lists (pears, apples, oranges, and bananas vs pears, apples, and oranges, bananas).
  4. Fair enough. Will delete that pronto.

Thank you so much for the help! Youā€™re awesome and I hope you have a great day.

I see, thanks for the correction and prompt reply. Good luck and hope you a great one as well šŸ™‚

If the only variable is word-count, you could offer only one package, and make extra words a gig extra with the added time. It simplifies the gig a bit.

Introductionā€“ This is not a list on how to make gigs. This is for gigs that are already made that are under-performing, need an overhaul, or just need somewhere to start for self-evaluation/education. It does contain a few general-information bits, and can help during gig creation, but that is neither the focus nor the intent. For more information on any of the following sections or points, please see ā€˜Other Resourcesā€™ under (RRD) at the end of this post. Sections: (TCT) Title, Category, andā€¦

If the only variable is word-count, you could offer only one package, and make extra words a gig extra with the added time. It simplifies the gig a bit.

Introductionā€“ This is not a list on how to make gigs. This is for gigs that are already made that are under-performing, need an overhaul, or just need somewhere to start for self-evaluation/education. It does contain a few general-information bits, and can help during gig creation, but that is neither the focus nor the intent. For more information on any of the following sections or points, please see ā€˜Other Resourcesā€™ under (RRD) at the end of this post. Sections: (TCT) Title, Category, andā€¦

I just rehauled my gig again to implement your suggestion and a bunch of other things, and I noticed that I can now enter a custom word count into the gig (from a buyer perspective) and although the price will change, the time will stay the same, meaning someone can order 75,000 words for just one day. Is there a way to make the timing change as well?

9977744_Screenshot2020-04-08at17_43_38.png.7b8842dbc043cbc5ee9c021fbb07f373.png
Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 17.43.38877Ɨ635 44.5 KB

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it by not adding the additional words

Iā€™m actually quite proud of how my gig has turned out now. ^-^

I just noticed that the days still donā€™t change based on the gig quantity. Will you be able to proofread 7500 words within a day?

Also, I suggest that you change the sorting of your paragraphs. The ā€œcustom offerā€ sentence could be at the very bottom before the ending sentence. Additional services could be below ā€œprojects I work withā€ bullet list. This is just how I look at it though; you donā€™t necessarily need to change it.

I just noticed that the days still donā€™t change based on the gig quantity. Will you be able to proofread 7500 words within a day?

Also, I suggest that you change the sorting of your paragraphs. The ā€œcustom offerā€ sentence could be at the very bottom before the ending sentence. Additional services could be below ā€œprojects I work withā€ bullet list. This is just how I look at it though; you donā€™t necessarily need to change it.

As far as I can see, the gig quantity has been removed altogether.

1964422878_Screenshot2020-04-08at18_55_05.png.2505f418e75055e579b6aad0c10f0db6.png

The one about the custom offer is right, as well as the extra services. I mixed the sentences around a little bit, and then small things like these get lost. Thanks for pointing it out!

As far as I can see, the gig quantity has been removed altogether.

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 18.55.05

The one about the custom offer is right, as well as the extra services. I mixed the sentences around a little bit, and then small things like these get lost. Thanks for pointing it out!

I can still see it. Is it bugged?

sc.png.4fac9f1693d7469d7e4e32e977e19d91.png
sc731Ɨ434 18.7 KB

Glad you liked the suggestions! šŸ˜ƒ

I made a second gig (Iā€™ve been reading a lot of guides here on the forums, and they said to make various gigs offering almost the same thing but a little bit different), and on the first day, it got 14 impressions, of which 6 clicked and 6 viewed. Neat. I may be onto something, thanks to you guys.

I made a second gig (Iā€™ve been reading a lot of guides here on the forums, and they said to make various gigs offering almost the same thing but a little bit different), and on the first day, it got 14 impressions, of which 6 clicked and 6 viewed. Neat. I may be onto something, thanks to you guys.

they said to make various gigs offering almost the same thing but a little bit different

This is acceptable as long as the ā€˜little bit differentā€™ is also clearly different. Duplicate gigs are against the TOS, so the gigs must offer something different. (In your case, offering proofreading for ā€œNovels, Novellas, Short stories, Manuscripts, Blog postsā€. Offering a gig for each of these individually is considered socially acceptable. As the two gigs currently are, they are too similar.

(That thread I already linked you to, see (CPM) point 2.)

they said to make various gigs offering almost the same thing but a little bit different

This is acceptable as long as the ā€˜little bit differentā€™ is also clearly different. Duplicate gigs are against the TOS, so the gigs must offer something different. (In your case, offering proofreading for ā€œNovels, Novellas, Short stories, Manuscripts, Blog postsā€. Offering a gig for each of these individually is considered socially acceptable. As the two gigs currently are, they are too similar.

(That thread I already linked you to, see (CPM) point 2.)

I got the idea from that link, actually. Should I remove the duplicates from the original and direct people to the new one in the FAQ?

EDIT: Went ahead and did so already, just in case.

Hmm, in the case of your Creative Writing gig, I think it would be fine to add a single line like:

I also proofread Manuscripts and Blog posts, and invite you to visit my other gigs for special services in those areas.

This lets a buyer see that youā€™re open to other areas of writing, without listing them all out in a pillar.

Hmm, in the case of your Creative Writing gig, I think it would be fine to add a single line like:

I also proofread Manuscripts and Blog posts, and invite you to visit my other gigs for special services in those areas.

This lets a buyer see that youā€™re open to other areas of writing, without listing them all out in a pillar.

This looks absolutely awesome now. Thank you so much for your help, I truly appreciate it. I think Iā€™m going to gradually expand the amount of gigs I have, ensure each of them are at least running okay before taking the leap and creating a new one.

Archived