How Can I Report CS?

jake_hopkins

Anyway, here’s the entire conversation. I’ve took out their names and avatars for obvious reasons.

jake_hopkins

Hey,

An order has been recently cancelled by CS and I would like to know why. I made my delivery and the buyer said they were happy with it. However, they then used a revision and asked for another piece of music (violating TOS), so I said I would not do this for them. Then, my order was cancelled by your team. Can you explain this please?

CS Name

Hello there,

I can see how this could be confusing, so let me explain this to you.

Revisions can be used to improve the work. You can offer them on your gig to help your buyer get exactly what they want. I suggest reading up on them. In the meantime, focus on improving the quality of your work so that your buyers are happy with it.

Kind regards

Name | Fiverr Customer Support

Please review our Fiverr Online Safety Tips.

Try FREE Time Tracking and Task Management from AND CO.

Fiverr Customer Support

jake_hopkins

Customer Support,

I don’t think you understand. I know what revisions are and how to use them, I just don’t understand why the order got cancelled when the buyer tried to exploit the use of revisions.

CS Name

Hi again,

You need to understand that he didn’t like your work, so we can’t change his mind. There’s nothing we can do.

Have a lovely day!

Fiverr Customer Support

jake_hopkins

But the buyer said the work was fine until I wouldn’t do more through a revision.

CS Name

Hi again,

It doesn’t matter how you feel, or that you don’t like it.

The buyer, me, and the rest of my team are all against you and we all agree that you provided just too poor quality and the fact that you are still arguing is preposterous- just try and remember:

There’s a lot more people against you here, and at some point you’re going to have to suck it up and deal with it.

Best regards!

Fiverr Customer Support

jake_hopkins

I don’t think you quite understand. I delivered the work, the buyer was happy with it. They then tried to get more work, which I turned down as it was against TOS, and then all of a sudden they don’t like the work, and now it’s been cancelled. Why was this order cancelled?

CS Name

Right, you need to be patient.

We’re trying to help you, but you need to help us.

If everyone one here disagrees with you, what does that honestly show?

It doesn’t really matter that the buyer used to like it, as people can have a change of heart. That being said, it’s time you realised that you are in the wrong.

Have a wonderful day.

Fiverr Customer Support

I haven’t responded since, because I feel like there’s no point. I couldn’t attached the file to here as its a wave, so I’ve just uploaded it to google drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JrUkDxlwnM1eOHGOemU1GygVqTypiRr8

It does sound like the CS person needs to do the Fiverr Customer Service course a couple more times.

Curious why something like this wasn’t said to the buyer instead of to you…

You need to understand that he didn’t like your work, so we can’t change his mind. There’s nothing we can do.

Something like:

the seller delivered the order so we can’t make them change it. There’s nothing we can do.

As said above, quality of delivery is not a valid reason for cancellation.

As to escalating it - I would create a new ticket (so it doesn’t go back to the same CS person) and ask for the CS manager to look at both the situation and how it was handled. Do it without being catty or overly critical to avoid putting them on the defensive and you should have a better result.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does sound like the CS person needs to do the Fiverr Customer Service course a couple more times.

Curious why something like this wasn’t said to the buyer instead of to you…

Something like:

the seller delivered the order so we can’t make them change it. There’s nothing we can do.

As said above, quality of delivery is not a valid reason for cancellation.

As to escalating it - I would create a new ticket (so it doesn’t go back to the same CS person) and ask for the CS manager to look at both the situation and how it was handled. Do it without being catty or overly critical to avoid putting them on the defensive and you should have a better result.

You can’t be overly critical in this situation. Any amount of critical is too low. Don’t walk on eggshells when dealing with idiots.

Anyway, here’s the entire conversation. I’ve took out their names and avatars for obvious reasons.

jake_hopkins

Hey,

An order has been recently cancelled by CS and I would like to know why. I made my delivery and the buyer said they were happy with it. However, they then used a revision and asked for another piece of music (violating TOS), so I said I would not do this for them. Then, my order was cancelled by your team. Can you explain this please?

CS Name

Hello there,

I can see how this could be confusing, so let me explain this to you.

Revisions can be used to improve the work. You can offer them on your gig to help your buyer get exactly what they want. I suggest reading up on them. In the meantime, focus on improving the quality of your work so that your buyers are happy with it.

Kind regards

Fiverr Customer Support

jake_hopkins

Customer Support,

I don’t think you understand. I know what revisions are and how to use them, I just don’t understand why the order got cancelled when the buyer tried to exploit the use of revisions.

CS Name

Hi again,

Have a lovely day!

Fiverr Customer Support

jake_hopkins

But the buyer said the work was fine until I wouldn’t do more through a revision.

CS Name

Hi again,

It doesn’t matter how you feel, or that you don’t like it.

The buyer, me, and the rest of my team are all against you and we all agree that you provided just too poor quality and the fact that you are still arguing is preposterous- just try and remember:

There’s a lot more people against you here, and at some point you’re going to have to suck it up and deal with it.

Best regards!

Fiverr Customer Support

jake_hopkins

I don’t think you quite understand. I delivered the work, the buyer was happy with it. They then tried to get more work, which I turned down as it was against TOS, and then all of a sudden they don’t like the work, and now it’s been cancelled. Why was this order cancelled?

CS Name

Right, you need to be patient.

We’re trying to help you, but you need to help us.

If everyone one here disagrees with you, what does that honestly show?

It doesn’t really matter that the buyer used to like it, as people can have a change of heart. That being said, it’s time you realised that you are in the wrong.

Have a wonderful day.

Fiverr Customer Support

I haven’t responded since, because I feel like there’s no point. I couldn’t attached the file to here as its a wave, so I’ve just uploaded it to google drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JrUkDxlwnM1eOHGOemU1GygVqTypiRr8

Ok I’ll start here being completely honest: Jake, I didn’t like your attitude on some topics and you shouldn’t have just refuse doing a revision. You should’ve say that you don’t have revisions included if you don’t or that their request doesn’t fall into revision and you are happily will create a new piece for an additional charge. And attach a screenshot at the bottom of their requirements where they signed that all info is accurate and all additional changes might incur extra cost. That regarding of how this should’ve been handled.

About CS response: I am totally shocked.

“You suck it up because it’s more of us”? Seriously?

People on the forum or sellers on the platform would’ve get a warning for inappropriate language and here CS agent speaks like that.

First, I would’ve asked them to escalate this matter as agent is obviously crossed the line and used an offensive and inappropriate language that can be considered as a personal attack.

Secondly if they refuse, you can always go to twitter and tag their CEO. This behaviour should not be tolerated not from sellers neither from CS.

Not just the “delivery sucked” but that one whole other message reads very weird too. “the rest of my team”? “against you”? “A lot more people against you”? “you’re going to have to suck it up and deal with it?” … That was yesterday, not from April 1st, right? …

You can’t be overly critical in this situation. Any amount of critical is too low. Don’t walk on eggshells when dealing with idiots.

We have different approaches but generally find not going overboard works better.

Ok I’ll start here being completely honest: Jake, I didn’t like your attitude on some topics and you shouldn’t have just refuse doing a revision. You should’ve say that you don’t have revisions included if you don’t or that their request doesn’t fall into revision and you are happily will create a new piece for an additional charge. And attach a screenshot at the bottom of their requirements where they signed that all info is accurate and all additional changes might incur extra cost. That regarding of how this should’ve been handled.

People on the forum or sellers on the platform would’ve get a warning for inappropriate language and here CS agent speaks like that.

First, I would’ve asked them to escalate this matter as agent is obviously crossed the line and used an offensive and inappropriate language that can be considered as a personal attack.

Secondly if they refuse, you can always go to twitter and tag their CEO. This behaviour should not be tolerated not from sellers neither from CS.

He actually caused me of lying just because I edited a post in another thread, but that’s neither here nor there. He’s absolutely in the right here, personal feelings shouldn’t matter. Preposterous.

I wonder if there had been any previous arguments with customer support. I’m trying to figure this out.

I’m feeling that he was frustrated with arguing.

Not to make excuses but it’s not an easy job and it probably gets tiring very fast when people argue. That is besides the point though.
I don’t know what’s going on here.

We have different approaches but generally find not going overboard works better.

It’s not going overboard to be critical or to demand consequences. I didn’t say he should insult them or be unprofessional, critical doesn’t mean that.

It’s not going overboard to be critical or to demand consequences. I didn’t say he should insult them or be unprofessional, critical doesn’t mean that.

Maybe he should respond to the original agent and say something like “I have checked on the forum and everyone there is against you!”

There’s more sellers than CS so if numbers is the way to be right then it should tip the balance in his favour.

(This is a joke, don’t do this)

Maybe he should respond to the original agent and say something like “I have checked on the forum and everyone there is against you!”

There’s more sellers than CS so if numbers is the way to be right then it should tip the balance in his favour.

(This is a joke, don’t do this)

What good is there to argue with robots on a power trip. Escalate it directly, hit where it hurts. Maybe they’ll think twice next time. I’m tired of seeing Fiverr (through their representatives) be one sided and facetious when it comes to their own Terms of Service. Whatever is convenient for them.

“we’re trying to help you”

Yeah, right. I’m seething and this doesn’t even affect me (directly). Confirms what I’ve thought about CS for a LONG time. They used to be useless, now apparently they are worse than useless.

They seem altogether hostile!

Maybe this rep is in quarantine and has started to lose the plot? - Or they were working from home and have let things slide when it comes to professionalism?

All that said, I’m pretty sure there is someone on the forum who escalated an account ban by contacting the Fiverr CEO on Linkedin. Maybe that would be worth a try here?

If that didn’t work, @jake_hopkins I’d just go to social media and share this with a working from home hashtag. That might even help net you some orders!

They seem altogether hostile!

Maybe this rep is in quarantine and has started to lose the plot? - Or they were working from home and have let things slide when it comes to professionalism?

All that said, I’m pretty sure there is someone on the forum who escalated an account ban by contacting the Fiverr CEO on Linkedin. Maybe that would be worth a try here?

If that didn’t work, @jake_hopkins I’d just go to social media and share this with a working from home hashtag. That might even help net you some orders!

Yeah, I’m sure Fiverr loves all the bad rep they get on social media, keeping with attitudes like this. It’s not like it doesn’t already has a fame of being a less than professional freelance platform, filled with scammers. This surely helps. I don’t get it, they introduce the Pro, Studios, try to make the platform look more trustworthy and reliable, and then they keep shooting themselves in the feet. This is terrible for everyone working here.

you shouldn’t have just refuse doing a revision. You should’ve say that you don’t have revisions included if you don’t or that their request doesn’t fall into revision and you are happily will create a new piece for an additional charge.

That is true- but the buyer was asking for a soundtrack for a different project through his revision, and to be honest he was already annoying me because he kept reminding me that “he will leave a honest review, and if he doesn’t get what he wants then I won’t get a review that I want!”

you shouldn’t have just refuse doing a revision. You should’ve say that you don’t have revisions included if you don’t or that their request doesn’t fall into revision and you are happily will create a new piece for an additional charge.

That is true- but the buyer was asking for a soundtrack for a different project through his revision, and to be honest he was already annoying me because he kept reminding me that “he will leave a honest review, and if he doesn’t get what he wants then I won’t get a review that I want!”

That’s already review manipulation. It’s against terms of service to threaten with a bad review to get extra work or revisions. Like CS would care about Terms of Service, right?

That’s already review manipulation. It’s against terms of service to threaten with a bad review to get extra work or revisions. Like CS would care about Terms of Service, right?

Exactly, but there’s no point arguing with CS. They won’t even bother to investigate, just tell me that I need to suck it up.

I have the feeling they keep records of some kind on all interactions they have with sellers and look at those whenever they get a ticket.

And I think they base partially some of the way things are handled by some notes they may have kept on previous interactions. They may rate sellers on how they communicated. I would be surprised if they didn’t.

If a seller has a history of being contentious it might affect how they are treated.

I have the feeling they keep records of some kind on all interactions they have with sellers and look at those whenever they get a ticket.

And I think they base partially some of the way things are handled by some notes they may have kept on previous interactions. They may rate sellers on how they communicated. I would be surprised if they didn’t.

If a seller has a history of being contentious it might affect how they are treated.

They can’t use any information to break their own terms of service. Which they did here, clearly. They may hate the guy. That’s irrelevant.

Yes, and they can be fired for them if they can’t act professional about it. Just like sellers can have biases. And then get warnings or banned for them. It has to work both ways.

Let them know that. I’m not the one in charge. I look for explanations for what happens, not saying it’s right.

I have to say, I never had this kind of conversation with a CS rep. Sometimes people on forum complain that response of CS is not very personalized. Looks like this rep took that criticism way too seriously.

Imagining a CS rep type all that made me chuckle. Probably working from home, playing PVP on one screen and replying to tickets on the other screen.

I think the person has had more than enough arguing and has decided to let someone who keeps it up have it with both barrels. 🔫

I’ve felt that way recently on the forum.

I opened my fair share of tickets with CS in last 6 years. Never got into an argument with them. Usually, their first response is enough to answer my query.

Its hard to keep cool on forum these days. I think twice before helping someone on forum, a few users are out there just to argue and send rude replies.

Archived