You asked how you did and I say not good - poor experience, slow delivery or no delivery

srider

You know buyers have more rights than sellers right? In pretty much every conceivable way.

I can’t speak for people cancelling at the last minute. If a gig does not go late then you can’t really complain about slow delivery (some people do, it baffles me!).

There are a number of sellers out there, including me, who will not respond to orders until the time comes to complete them. This is not down to lack of communication.

I am rapidly losing faith in Fiverr.

About 12 months ago I was getting a lot of useful work done via sellers, but in the past 3 months I have had a number of undelivered gigs that “auto close” and left me out of pocket.

Having to chase sellers to meet their own deadlines - not what I joined up for and I’m looking elsewhere.

milesg said:

About 12 months ago I was getting a lot of useful work done via sellers, but in the past 3 months I have had a number of undelivered gigs that "auto close" and left me out of pocket.

Having to chase sellers to meet their own deadlines - not what I joined up for and I'm looking elsewhere.

Undelivered gigs do not auto close.

There are times when sellers receive more orders than they can do within their normal deadline. It is completely out of our control. Although, they should of course get in touch with you when this happens. It is very hard to keep to deadlines if whilst you sleep 20 or 30 gigs come in when you normally only get 2-3.

Reply to @milesg: I would not say there is need to lose faith in Fiverr. I am a buyer and a seller. When I purchase gigs I go with a person who has a good rating and not a lot of orders waiting around. Sometimes those who have lots of orders do get behind in gigs. So, if you are skeptical about your order being late go for someone who has less gigs waiting to be completed but still has a good rating.

Reply to @ryangillam: They don’t auto close, what happens is the seller marks them as delivered when they haven’t been and posts an update to the buyer saying they need a few days more time. After a certain amount of time has passed the buyer loses the ability to leave feedback.

As for sellers getting more “gigs than they can handle” how about taking the gig offline, or better still can you not set a maximum quantity of gigs? I suspect it’s greed from the sellers that means they take on too many gigs and rather than going back to say, hey, this might take a bit longer at the start, they don’t communicate and the gigs go late.

Just had another gig (a very simple job - about 10 mins if you know what you’re going) worth $25 that has passed the 1 week deadline by 2 days. Cancelled it and now trying to extract the money from my fiverr balance as I won’t be spending another bean on Fiverr.

Reply to @victoria91: Even simple jobs (i.e. posting a link on a website) that are down as taking a week have been delivered late, or not at all in my experience. Fiverr has become more trouble than it’s worth and even previously good sellers seem to be going bad. I just gave Fiverr it’s last chance and have found somewhere that actually works out cheaper for what I want and looks a lot more consistent.

Guest matt_garry

Reply to @milesg: wow talk about disrespect. I happen to know many sellers who close gigs all the time, if you are popular and people like your service it might only take 4-12 hours for a seller to get overwhelmed by orders. so I guess sellers don’t deserve sleep right? no option lets you limit how many orders you can get. Do you blame a restaurant if there is a line out the door? Are they being greedy?

Reply to @milesg: Buyers have left feedback up to a year after delivery. So the “certain amount of time” seems to be 1+ years.

Sellers CANNOT set a maximum number of gigs. We would LOVE that feature. However, even “taking it offline” which is the suspend feature does not help if multiple orders come in while you are sleeping or away. You can get 100 orders in 1 minute and not be able to control it.

Some sellers make a bad name for the rest of us, unfortunately. However some of your basic assumptions about our capabilities are incorrect.

milesg said: As for sellers getting more "gigs than they can handle" how about taking the gig offline, or better still can you not set a maximum quantity of gigs? I suspect it's greed from the sellers that means they take on too many gigs and rather than going back to say, hey, this might take a bit longer at the start, they don't communicate and the gigs go late.

Nope. There is no way to set a maximum amount that you can handle. i can fall asleep tonight, get 40 orders in my queue and there is nothing I can do about (obviously I can't pause whilst asleep). If we cancel them then we are punished. If we have our gigs paused too long then we are punished. We can't win. We just have to accept them and push ourselves to the limit in order to actually get them in.

Reply to @milesg: About the same here. I placed an order, and I waited several days beyond the due date, then finally cancelled. After a couple weeks, I placed the same order, and once again, nothing, so I cancelled. Placed another order with a person that wanted to see some documents before an order was placed to see if they could help. I sent the documents regarding my business, and it’s now been 10 days and I still haven’t heard if they will accept an order. It’s become very frustrating. If a seller gets a certain % of cancellations, or late orders, they should be removed from the site. That might get them to hold to the deadlines.

Reply to @kjblynx: 5 hours response time and 90% ratings?

I would politely disagree with you on some of those metrics.

When I buy here, I’m far more concerned about the ratings (I only would consider 97% or above), and the cancellation rate (I only consider under 10%) of a provider than I am the response time.

And -5- hours, really? Isn’t that pushing things a wee bit far? People sleep for 8 hours on average, you know. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen anyone with ratings as high as I require who has less than a 24 hour response rate, but that’s probably about where I’d put the cutoff for that.

Response time is far, far less important than overall ratings and cancellations, IMO.

In fact, with the way the system is currently set up, I think cancellation rate is one of the top things to pay attention to. Someone has great ratings but a 20%+ cancellation rate? They are probably significantly more likely to have either played some games, needed delays, or simply not been able to provide and risked the cancellation rather than the negative report.

Someone with a ~1% cancellation AND ~97%+ positive ratings? Likely extremely solid.

My two cents.

Basing choosing a seller off cancellation rate is just plain crazy. Particularly when sellers have no control over cancellation rate. One of my gigs has a 60% cancellation rate. Does that make me a bad seller? Nope. It just means that people don’t read when I tell them that I am not going to post reviews on external websites.

Also, under 5 hours is tricky. I think my response rate is 11 hours. I literally respond to every message the second it comes in. The calculation that works out the response rate is completely messed up right now.

Archived